Terrific messaging

Jim14510

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
Why would anyone question it?

Both political parties/media outlets pushing distrust at one time or another.

Reactions: nelsonj22 and lipem

scopeandtime

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016
Good to see the RNC Research team is now pro-vaccine! This is a good tactic, imo...get the troglodytes to think the Dems are against it so that they go and get the vaccine!

• Haha
Reactions: philosophusker

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
Honest question and I won’t argue after this, would you have taken it and trusted it had Trump been re-elected?
Definitely. Because it was a team of scientists working for years to develop the vaccine. Not Trump or Biden. But I also get my flu shot annually as well. And also I was further down the list due to my age, so I’d already seen something like 50M people safely get the vaccine already before my turn.

However, I didn’t care for Trump threatening to fire the dude at the FDA if the vaccine wasn’t approved ASAP. That brought politics into what should otherwise be a science / public health discussion.

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
Come on resident commies time for you to spin!
Definitely. Because it was a team of scientists working for years to develop the vaccine. Not Trump or Biden. But I also get my flu shot annually as well. And also I was further down the list due to my age, so I’d already seen something like 50M people safely get the vaccine already before my turn.

However, I didn’t care for Trump threatening to fire the dude at the FDA if the vaccine wasn’t approved ASAP. That brought politics into what should otherwise be a science / public health discussion.

Reactions: Bobfather

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2018

I respect that

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
Honest question and I won’t argue after this, would you have taken it and trusted it had Trump been re-elected?
I 100% would have gotten vaccinated if T***p had been elected. My decision to get vaccinated had ZERO to do with an election and not sure why it would.

Remember, Dems were the ones promoting mask wearing and have always taken this pandemic seriously. Trumpers have ALWAYS been the people taking this lightly, crying mask freedom etc.

burntorange72

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2004
Good to see the RNC Research team is now pro-vaccine! This is a good tactic, imo...get the troglodytes to think the Dems are against it so that they go and get the vaccine!
Thats 3 minutes of Democrats casting doubt about the vaccine and causing people to ask questions they might not otherwise have asked. It really is impossible to spin these 3 minutes differently.
Not all of the unvaccinated folks are Republican. There are many minorities that have not been vaccinated. Some reports of no access to vaccines or no access in the hours they are not working. Some are afraid to get vaccinated for fear of side effects which would of course be supported by the Democrats on the video. There can be no denial these early unsupported opinions on the video we’re not helpful.
Right after July 4, maybe Joe should have asked people to hang in there another month, instead of declaring we can take off our masks.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Thats 3 minutes of Democrats casting doubt about the vaccine and causing people to ask questions they might not otherwise have asked. It really is impossible to spin these 3 minutes differently.
Not all of the unvaccinated folks are Republican. There are many minorities that have not been vaccinated. Some reports of no access to vaccines or no access in the hours they are not working. Some are afraid to get vaccinated for fear of side effects which would of course be supported by the Democrats on the video. There can be no denial these early unsupported opinions on the video we’re not helpful.
Right after July 4, maybe Joe should have asked people to hang in there another month, instead of declaring we can take off our masks.
Remember when Trump continuously downplayed the virus from the get go? He did irreparable damage that continues to this day. I bet you give Trump a complete pass though, don't you? There are still dumb Trumpers stumbling around in ignorance saying this Virus is no big deal and harmless virus fun.

Just know, if you do give Trump a pass you are a hypocrite.

Reactions: bldhuskerred

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2018
I 100% would have gotten vaccinated if T***p had been elected. My decision to get vaccinated had ZERO to do with an election and not sure why it would.

Remember, Dems were the ones promoting mask wearing and have always taken this pandemic seriously. Trumpers have ALWAYS been the people taking this lightly, crying mask freedom etc.
I believe you, and you’re correct that that’s literally all everyone heard from the left was safety and precaution, agreed. But, that video above still exists and those people did say those things. I obviously don’t Think applies to everyone, but I do wonder how many Libs would have followed through with the vaccine had their leaders continue to oppose it, or question it, has Trump been re-elected.

Now, it does need to be acknowledged that there is a population of Liberals who are unvaccinated. But, I am also curious the adjustment in the number of Pubs who would get vaccinated had Trump been re-elected and endorsed it.

Getting my shot also had zero to do with who was in office

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
I believe you, and you’re correct that that’s literally all everyone heard from the left was safety and precaution, agreed. But, that video above still exists and those people did say those things. I obviously don’t Think applies to everyone, but I do wonder how many Libs would have followed through with the vaccine had their leaders continue to oppose it, or question it, has Trump been re-elected.

Now, it does need to be acknowledged that there is a population of Liberals who are unvaccinated. But, I am also curious the adjustment in the number of Pubs who would get vaccinated had Trump been re-elected and endorsed it.

Getting my shot also had zero to do with who was in office
I always knew exactly what the Dems were saying regarding Trump. They were saying "I will get vaccinated when the scientists say it is safe, not when Trump says it is safe."

None of us Dems trust Trump since we believe he is an obvious con man. But we still trust scientists as shown by our stance on global warming and mask science.

I find it very strange that some Pubs would keep bringing this "Dems said Trump's vaccine is bad" stuff when Pubs don't even take this Virus seriously. Who cares if Dems said Trump's vaccine is dangerous or whatever if there is no need for the vaccine because the virus is harmless? Why would Pubs care what the Dems say about Trump's vaccine anyway? Why does there even need to be a vaccine if this Virus is no big deal?

On a side note hollenbeck, my wife is a nurse and she is seeing more young people in the hospital than she did with the original virus strain. (lots of 30-40 year olds) She even said there was a 10 day old baby with Covid who had a cough and was running a fever. Sure, it still affects a small percentage but this virus is no joke. I am pointing it out to you because I know you are a good guy and can maybe help convince some people you know to get vaccinated. We really need to stop this virus before it mutates again into something that even the vaccine won't help.

Last edited:

scopeandtime

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016
Whatever helps getting these old Trump boomers vaccinated, I'm all for it!

Reactions: philosophusker

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004

@lipem laughed at this post. Jesus you must be a moron.

What do you disagree with for fvck sake?

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2018
I always knew exactly what the Dems were saying regarding Trump. They were saying "I will get vaccinated when the scientists say it is safe, not when Trump says it is safe."

None of us Dems trust Trump since we believe he is an obvious con man. But we still trust scientists as shown by our stance on global warming and mask science.

I find it very strange that some Pubs would keep bringing this "Dems said Trump's vaccine is bad" stuff when Pubs don't even take this Virus seriously. Who cares if Dems said Trump's vaccine is dangerous or whatever if there is no need for the vaccine because the virus is harmless? Why would Pubs care what the Dems say about Trump's vaccine anyway? Why does there even need to be a vaccine if this Virus is no big deal?

On a side note hollenbeck, my wife is a nurse and she is seeing more young people in the hospital than she did with the original virus strain. (lots of 30-40 year olds) She even said there was a 10 day old baby with Covid who had a cough and was running a fever. Sure, it still affects a small percentage but this virus is no joke. I am pointing it out to you because I know you are a good guy and can maybe help convince some people you know to get vaccinated. We really need to stop this virus before it mutates again into something that even the vaccine won't help.
Certainly fair points. I think like with anything right now in society, saying things directly and with confidence and like you mean it is more important now than ever. No beating around the bush. Should have never been any beating around the bush. Why I love being politically incorrect and why I love it when people in general talk politically incorrect. Because it’s more direct and your message gets across.

next thing I wanna say is that my view points on the vaccine have shifted a little. I haven’t been shy about this but like most things I’m right in the middle. I’m not pro vax or anti vax. I’m Pro make the decision that makes you feel safe and comfortable. And that goes for everyone. But I’m also not into catering to people’s feelings. I’m vaxed, but also not afraid to stand firm and say that I’m not scared of COVID and I’m not scared of Delta and I do think portions of the last year and a half have been pushed due to political agendas.

also in saying that, this is where my stance of being in the middle of most things comes into play. If people need to be vaxed in order for society to get back to normal and for us to quit worrying about football being played, then just go do it. Agendas can’t be furthered if everyone is vaccinated. It’s not even a pro or anti at this point, I think most people are just sick of hearing about it. So whatever anymore. If it’s gonna stop the madness then so be it. I got the shot, felt like shit for 24 hours, and been fine ever since. Wasn’t my decision and still wouldn’t do it unless forced, but regardless, it happened and I moved on.

that’s where my thoughts take me tonight. I will continue tomorrow if you’d like. Enjoy your night brother

burntorange72

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2004
Remember when Trump continuously downplayed the virus from the get go? He did irreparable damage that continues to this day. I bet you give Trump a complete pass though, don't you? There are still dumb Trumpers stumbling around in ignorance saying this Virus is no big deal and harmless virus fun.

Just know, if you do give Trump a pass you are a hypocrite.
Trump did down play the virus. But, he is out of office now and at this point in time everyone should understand the virus is a real thing. I know people who still don’t believe it and I read that every day on RSS. It amazes me. Now if your risk reward assessment is such you don’t want to take the vaccine that’s a different issue. And I would urge you to talk to your family doctor. But the virus is real.
Biden, Harris and the other people on the video were casting doubts on the vaccine. A different issue. You say you understood they really weren’t doubting the vaccine if science approved it. I’m not sure everyone was that discriminating or sophisticated. And i would point out the vaccines still don’t have full approval, they are being given under emergency approval granted by Trump.
Now Biden Harris are our leaders, they have a “bully pulpit”. Those videos are in the public sector. Maybe instead of telling us we can take off our masks we could have Harris and Biden clearly tell people these vaccines are safe and people should get vaccinated. I would like to see everyone intercepted entering this country illegal be vaccinated. I would like to see some athletes and people in the entertainment industry encouraging vaccinations.

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2018

I lied. One last night point, and this one will be the hardest to accept for Liberals, but they’re also guilty of it.

there are certain people in this country and in society in general that when pushed and forced to do something, they resist and rebel. This is why I don’t think this will ever be eradicated. So In this context, the more people that are anti vax that are insulted, ridiculed, attempted to be forced, all that, to take the vaccine, the more they’re going to resist and rebel and not take it. So, in turn, and this is why it won’t be eliminated, Liberals need to basically accept it and leave it alone and let nature take its course. Shit, some are Pubs too that need to lay off. As the old saying goes, accept the consequences of your actions. If someone is unvaxxed at this point, and they get sick and the worst happens, then well that’s on them. They had their chance. Sorry, might be harsh, but I’m not into feelings. Make choices, accept consequences.

how that relates back to Libs, Pubs call Libs soft all the time and it just makes Libs more and more progressive away from the “Boomer” type.

• Love
Reactions: Jaemekon

franzix

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2003
The messaging to the public has been horrendous from every corner for the past however many months. From the stuff in OP's video from Dems (that was cleverly edited to never let them make their point) to the former president's messaging about masking and whatever else.

Our current political and media landscape is just f'n stupid.

Also, no republicans decided not to get vaccinated based on any of the quotes in OP's video. Not a single one. Their message sucked, but it didn't change many republican minds, at least in my opinion. And I'm an idiot, so take it with a grain or two of salt.

(
No beating around the bush. Should have never been any beating around the bush. Why I love being politically incorrect and why I love it when people in general talk politically incorrect. Because it’s more direct and your message gets across.

I don't get it, brother. Politically correct or not, any message is just that: a message. What have you liked about some of the politically incorrect message that have been promoted, and what have you disliked about the politically correct messages?

Wasn’t my decision and still wouldn’t do it unless forced,

I'm guessing you were not forced by employer, industry, or gov't, but rather by your wife. If I'm correct, good for her for whipping you into shape. Now, go get those blood panels and/or sleep studies done so you stick around this blue marble for as long as possible. You're a rare breed of anonymous internet poster who changes his mind every now and then, and it would be great for America to keep more of you around.

Jim14510

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2017
I’m sure. So whose really to blame then? It’s all a game
Plenty of blame to go around. Most is on the people not getting vaccinated that should.

Lets put this in perspective though. About 90% of the country over 65 has had one dose. 80% of the people that died were over 65. That's on the 600k number. 95% were over 50. Almost 80% 50-64 are vaccinated. So over 80% of the vast majority of people (95%) most likely to die are already vaccinated.

Assuming the vaccine works which it looks like it does so far what are we worried about? Mutations? Please. If it's going to mutate for the worse that's going to happen whatever we do in the U.S. Somewhere like India where there's 4 times as many people and only about 25% of them are vaccinated.

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2018
Plenty of blame to go around. Most is on the people not getting vaccinated that should.

Lets put this in perspective though. About 90% of the country over 65 has had one dose. 80% of the people that died were over 65. That's on the 600k number. 95% were over 50. Almost 80% 50-64 are vaccinated. So over 80% of the vast majority of people (95%) most likely to die are already vaccinated.

Assuming the vaccine works which it looks like it does so far what are we worried about? Mutations? Please. If it's going to mutate for the worse that's going to happen whatever we do in the U.S. Somewhere like India where there's 4 times as many people and only about 25% of them are vaccinated.
This is just my opinion, but if someone in their 20s and 30s hasn't already been vaccinated, it aint gonna happen at all. That's just reality, regardless of what anyone's opinion on here is. But, most of the time on here the argument is going to be between old people and fully healthy college athletes. Those kids are in some of the best health of their lives. Is it absolutely imperative for them to be vaccinated? No, probably not. They'll end up okay. Is it in the best interest of a normal average joe 25 year old to be vaccinated to help the greater good? Probably, but I still don't think it should be forced. I think society has gone very soft with things over the last few years, and if someone wants to stand up and be tough and be solid again and take shit head on, then I'm all for it

Reactions: Jim14510

lipem

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2009

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...mid=F7D61675C032B4CA1847F7D61675C032B4CA1847&

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...B7CD11E18463723BB09FB7C&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Last edited: