ADVERTISEMENT

Terrible news

Status
Not open for further replies.
19 year old kid in my town just died of it. No co-morbidities. Went off to college. College went virtual. Came home. Was hospitalized. Now he's gone. Every tree in town has a ribbon on it. I am not saying it's a death sentence, or that the odds aren't in your favor if you are unfortunate and contract it. But I don't wanna roll the dice with mine nor my family's health. Covid seems to be a fickle bitch.
No comorbidities that you KNOW of. Healthy kids who aren't obese, diabetic or immunosuppressed aren't dying from this.

19 year old kid in my town just died of it. No co-morbidities. Went off to college. College went virtual. Came home. Was hospitalized. Now he's gone. Every tree in town has a ribbon on it. I am not saying it's a death sentence, or that the odds aren't in your favor if you are unfortunate and contract it. But I don't wanna roll the dice with mine nor my family's health. Covid seems to be a fickle bitch.
I'm sorry for the loss of that young man. But the facts remain that the regular flu also kills people of all ages and health levels. Whenever it turns into pneumonia, the chance of death goes up exponentially. So covid sn't unique in this aspect. And we've had variations of flu shots for many years, and it's still only about 20% effective. DT is right, we need to learn to live with this virus.

I'm sorry for the loss of that young man. But the facts remain that the regular flu also kills people of all ages and health levels. Whenever it turns into pneumonia, the chance of death goes up exponentially. So covid sn't unique in this aspect. And we've had variations of flu shots for many years, and it's still only about 20% effective. DT is right, we need to learn to live with this virus.

600,000 die per year on avg in the US from pneumonia.

Covid, covid, covid. So over it. Protect the elderly. Open the country up. Get on with our lives. It's not a death sentence. I know plenty who had it. Not a big deal. So tired of the lamestream media and their panic bullshit and inflated numbers! The red wave is coming dems!! Deal with it. 4 more years of tears. Americans are fed up with all your lies and bullshit.
Tired of Trumpets,tired of Trump's lies and bullshit,what a clown.Get ready for an ass pounding ,Trump is going DOWN.

Reactions: I M HIPPY
Biden didn't want a travel ban. Their would be 2 million deaths if he was in charge. Same way he botched H1N1. He's a senile idiot puppet being run by the far left nutjobs.
Don’t you ever get tired of listening to your own echo? More importantly, don’t the moderators of this board ever get sick of it? Although this board has always had sharp disagreements, the owners used to have the good sense to avoid this political crap, 90% of which is you talking to yourself. I hope you find yourself entertaining.

Don’t you ever get tired of listening to your own echo? More importantly, don’t the moderators of this board ever get sick of it? Although this board has always had sharp disagreements, the owners used to have the good sense to avoid this political crap, 90% of which is you talking to yourself. I hope you find yourself entertaining.
Nope. And obviously I am entertaining since it got you all triggered. Lol

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Not that it will make a damn bit of difference to this crowd, but, oh well, here goes. Remember all that uproar about Obamacare death panels ten years ago? Utah is pretty near there.

"I would hope that people will take this seriously." Gary Herbert, Republican Governor of Utah.

"I'm really not trying to scare anyone. I'm just trying to inform you of what's going on and give you the facts." - Utah state epidemiologist Dr. Angela Dunn

Reactions: dinglefritz
The kicker for any viral infection whether it's a Corona virus cold,Influenza, a Rhino virus cold or COVID is the potential for myocarditis. IF you get myocarditis there is a risk of dying suddenly. Then again, I had a close friend who lost a 19 year old that just died suddenly in his bed at college. After 2 autopsies and numerous toxicology tests, they found nothing. It happens. A year or so ago I personally had a period of about 6 weeks of numerous preventricular contractions with pulse deficits that would sometimes run for 5 or 6 beats followed by one normal pulse then 3 or 4 or more abnormal beats again with pulse deficits. According to my cardiologist, I no doubt had some degree of myocarditis......from a garden variety cold. Fortunately it resolved over a period of several weeks. ANY respiratory virus has the potential to cause myocarditis and it's fairly common with influenza.

Another potential severe consequence of COVID or influenza is bronchitis which leads to acute or chronic asthma. Some people live with asthma the rest of their life after a bout with the flu. COVID will be no different. It is also true that in somebody with UNDIAGNOSED ASTHMA, COVID could be more likely to cause death in an otherwise apparently healthy person. In the case of black athletes, there is strong evidence now that carriers of the sickle cell anemia trait are at a significantly higher risk of dying from COVID. Does that explain a Saint player's apparent struggle with recovery? The Saints and the player are being pretty tight lipped about his recovery other than that the Saint's expect he'll be ready to play next year. Maybe he has another underlying issue that they aren't disclosing. HIPPA rules and in some cases political motives make it very difficult to know for sure what might have led to bad outcomes in younger patients with COVID.

Reactions: Antwill
Not that it will make a damn bit of difference to this crowd, but, oh well, here goes. Remember all that uproar about Obamacare death panels ten years ago? Utah is pretty near there.

"I would hope that people will take this seriously." Gary Herbert, Republican Governor of Utah.

"I'm really not trying to scare anyone. I'm just trying to inform you of what's going on and give you the facts." - Utah state epidemiologist Dr. Angela Dunn
Those decisions are made every day already for senior citizens. Families of people with severe disease are strongly encouraged to choose hospice care for family members who have little chance of surviving after a hospital stay. SOME facilities in some areas are taxed in rural states. Fortunately in every case that I'm aware of they have been able to transfer patients to other nearby facilities which have room. That occurs every flu season as well at some hospitals as well. Hospitals which serve immigrant communities are especially vulnerable largely because they completely ignore suggested social distancing recommendations. Huge family gatherings are the norm especially in the Hispanic communities.

Last edited:

More appeal to authority. Don't you ever think for yourself? You know this thread is satire against the hysteria, yet you still comment and get all worked up and triggered. It's almost as if you enjoy the banter, even though you try to virtue signal your moral superiority. Don't worry you're not the only one - there are lots in the flock.

More appeal to authority. Don't you ever think for yourself? You know this thread is satire against the hysteria, yet you still comment and get all worked up and triggered. It's almost as if you enjoy the banter, even though you try to virtue signal your moral superiority. Don't worry you're not the only one - there are lots in the flock.
The man who only ever repeats Trump rhetoric is telling other people that they are sheep. Bahahahahaha

The man who only ever repeats Trump rhetoric is telling other people that they are sheep. Bahahahahaha
tenor.gif

Wait....didnt someone tell us the other day that these players are risking their lives right now for us?

Wait....didnt someone tell us the other day that these players are risking their lives right now for us?
just like they are risking their lives by hanging out with their buddies away from football. Interestingly I was told by a University of South Dakota professor last week that after they got through the first couple of weeks on their campus the number of cases dropped dramatically. Population immunity? They had tons of positive cases in kids with what amounted to allergy symptoms early on. Nobody had to leave campus for their illness. Nobody was hospitalized. You are NOT going to control the behavior of college kids and probably even the majority of under 30s. Football players are probably more likely to get COVID if they're not working out and playing games.

Thanks, buddy. Enjoy and embrace that high school education.

Coming from someone who has a Masters degree and judging by the brainwashed and totally devoid of commonsense products that higher education has been pumping out for the past 40 years, I'd say that a college degree has never been so overpriced as it is today. That guy who just graduated high school and got a good job rather than spending hundreds of thousands to get a degree in gender studies and then have to go live in his parents' basement is way smarter.

Coming from someone who has a Masters degree and judging by the brainwashed and totally devoid of commonsense products that higher education has been pumping out for the past 40 years, I'd say that a college degree has never been so overpriced as it is today. That guy who just graduated high school and got a good job rather than spending hundreds of thousands to get a degree in gender studies and then have to go live in his parents' basement is way smarter.
OK. So, you're incorrect on all accounts. But please progress. And continue to make a mockery of our lives. Then bitch when your own mockery is why we have to wear masks. In all honesty, I'll say this: go f*ck yourself with your selfishness.

No comorbidities that you KNOW of. Healthy kids who aren't obese, diabetic or immunosuppressed aren't dying from this.
That's pretty much the worst empathetic reply possible. Good work. It will be ironic when someone you know dies, and you come here for sympathy.

Wow this place really is a cesspool of trumpers. I know too many people already who have family members that yes, HAVE DIED from complications from covid, and you asshats are rushing to call it an overblown political ploy? This won’t go away Nov 4th, it is a legitimate threat, and I hope you don’t need to visit a hospital soon, as those are filling up quicker than the doctors and nurses can handle.

Wow this place really is a cesspool of trumpers. I know too many people already who have family members that yes, HAVE DIED from complications from covid, and you asshats are rushing to call it an overblown political ploy? This won’t go away Nov 4th, it is a legitimate threat, and I hope you don’t need to visit a hospital soon, as those are filling up quicker than the doctors and nurses can handle.
Not true. Governor Ricketts was on the radio yesterday. Plenty of capacity at hospitals. Everyone I know has overcome it. Gotta get on with society. The cure is proving to be worse than the disease.

OK. So, you're incorrect on all accounts. But please progress. And continue to make a mockery of our lives. Then bitch when your own mockery is why we have to wear masks. In all honesty, I'll say this: go f*ck yourself with your selfishness.

Spoken like a true gentleman and a scholar.

I'd like to laugh at your off the hook hysteria, but I can't bring myself to because it is so very sad. All I can muster is pity for you and your unreasonable fear about a virus with a .4% fatality rate. Truly, I hope that you get well soon.

Reactions: GBRforLife1

Lol, democrats need this virus to be deadly.
sorry, it’s not.

even if youre over 70 and get it, you have 95% chance of beating it. Everyone else is well over 99% chance

the average age of death is 80 for Covid. When are you idiots going to be able to see the scam? Never?

You just parrot mockingbird media talking points and say the same BS, “I know so many people that died” etc

I don’t know anyone that passed from corona. I know of two people that died related to people I know. Each were old and compromised. These people die every year

Most men don’t need the government to tell them how to get through cold season. Most women do not either. Funny how the majority of democrats do. Weak

Why so disjointed and hypersensitive? Did the message hit a little to close to home? What was the trigger?

I also know people who HAVE DIED in car accidents, and second-hand smoke. What do we do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT