ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Terran Petteway working out with Minnesota Timberwolves

Robin Washut

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2008
I was told tonight that former Nebraska star Terran Petteway will be working out with the NBA's Minnesota Timberwolves on Tuesday and Wednesday.

It sounds like Petteway, who spent this past season playing in Italy, has a decent chance to make an NBA roster next season.

In fact, I'm told there's a good chance he ends up on the Boston Celtics' summer league team.

Along with the Celtics and Timberwolves, another team that has shown interest is the Brooklyn Nets, whose head coach, Kenny Atkinson, was an assistant with the Atlanta Hawks when they signed Petteway to their summer league team in 2015.

Apparently, Atkinson really liked Petteway then and did his best to try and convince the Hawks not to cut him.

The big thing with Petteway when he was a rookie was he was still struggling mentally following the death of his mother, and he let it affect his consistency on the court.

Now two years older and the father to a new son, I’m told Petteway has matured a ton and is much more prepared for all that battling for an NBA roster spot entails.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News