ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee recruiting.

I don't know if people outside the SEC know just how good Jeremy Pruitt is at recruiting and the connections he has with high school programs in the South. Whether or not he uses cars to ploy kids to go there is neither here nor there IMO. I didn't realize this until I looked into his coaching career but he was a high school coach for 10 years before joining Alabama's staff.

Nick Saban chose wisely back in '07. Before the Alabama dynasty began, Pruitt was the director of player development from 2007-2009. We all know what happened after Bama beat Texas in '09. Alabama is sitting at 41st on Rivals and 47th on a competitor's site for the 2021 team rankings. I know it's still a long ways away until December, but the players that are committing to Tennessee are the same ones that would commit to Pruitt at Bama, Florida State and Georgia the past 12 years. I don't know how many assistants he persuaded to follow him to Tennessee, but as a coach he has had some stout defenses everywhere he's been. It will be really interesting to see if his overall player development of both defense and offense matches his recruiting so far this cycle.

Nebraska vs Tennessee on September 12, 2026!

Ever since Creighton was accused of (and basically proven with evidence) cheating/paying to get players. Now Zion Williamson is accused of being paid to play for Duke... if these types of programs need to pay basketball players, there's absolutely no reason to believe football isn't doing the same thing. It's also commonly held that the SEC, more than any other conference is involved with this type of recruiting.

Whenever I hear "John Doe" is a really great recruiter, my radar goes up that John Doe may have some connections to help with the money problem.

**Note** Just one guy's opinion. I have no evidence to back up any of this.

Ever since Creighton was accused of (and basically proven with evidence) cheating/paying to get players. Now Zion Williamson is accused of being paid to play for Duke... if these types of programs need to pay basketball players, there's absolutely no reason to believe football isn't doing the same thing. It's also commonly held that the SEC, more than any other conference is involved with this type of recruiting.

Whenever I hear "John Doe" is a really great recruiter, my radar goes up that John Doe may have some connections to help with the money problem.

NIL rules will hopefully bring some of this above board, and allow those less inclined to now fight for recruits on a more level field.

hopefully.

True, Phillip Fulmer accused another team years back for paying players. Philip, we do that behind closed doors, not in the media

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT