ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee cooked for violating recruiting rules

OK, does someone have a Cliffs version of what Tennessee specifically did that was illegal? Not doubting it, just looking for a clue as to what tricks he probably learned at Alabama.

Reactions: GaRed
Hopefully Frost will reach out to Pruitt. Guy is a good DC.

Word was, Schiano knew about Sandusky and didn’t do shit. Not sure what that has to do with cancel culture? Any board of regents would think twice about someone who did nothing in a case of child molestation
“I can’t remember if it was one night or one morning,” McQueary testified, “but that Greg had come into (Bradley’s) office white as a ghost and said he just saw (Sandusky) doing something to a boy in the shower.”

“I can’t remember if it was one night or one morning,” McQueary testified, “but that Greg had come into (Bradley’s) office white as a ghost and said he just saw (Sandusky) doing something to a boy in the shower.”
I remember reading same thing. Schiano knew Sandusky was molesting children and did nothing. I wouldn't want Schiano coaching my child.

Word was, Schiano knew about Sandusky and didn’t do shit. Not sure what that has to do with cancel culture? Any board of regents would think twice about someone who did nothing in a case of child molestation
Well Tennessee fans didn't want Schiano. Period. They really didn't care about being PC and the Cancel Culture BUT they conveniently used that as an excuse to shun Schiano and get him eliminated. They "cancel cultured" him with the support of liberal faculty because of his perceived past non-PC behavior. Again that was an excuse not the real reason.

Well Tennessee fans didn't want Schiano. Period. They really didn't care about being PC and the Cancel Culture BUT they conveniently used that as an excuse to shun Schiano and get him eliminated. They "cancel cultured" him with the support of liberal faculty because of his perceived past non-PC behavior. Again that was an excuse not the real reason.
The real reason of course was that influential fans didn't think Schiano was good enough to be a Tennessee head coach. Remember his overall W-L record actually wasn't THAT great.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Since when does being against people who enabled or lied about witnessing an old man molesting a boy in a shower qualify as “liberal cancel culture”. Aren’t conservatives against the same behavior? Bizarre way of framing things

Reactions: TheBeav815
Since when does being against people who enabled or lied about witnessing an old man molesting a boy in a shower qualify as “liberal cancel culture”. Aren’t conservatives against the same behavior? Bizarre way of framing things
In defense of Schiano, he did notify Paterno what he saw. Paterno did nothing. Schiiano should have gone to the police as well, if he didn't.

The cancel culture faction of their University ran wild with it and the rest went along because they didn't think Schiano was good enough to coach old Rocky top. Stated reason versus real reason. Tennessee could have the dirt on Saban and they'd happily sweep that under the rug if he was going to be their coach.

Wasn’t AM down to choose between Tennessee and Nebraska towards the end of his recruitment? Funny

You didn't get the point. That wasn't really why they didn't hire Schiano, it was an excuse used to smear him enough so they could hire what they thought was the more talented coach they thought a school like Tennessee deserved.

As far as Schiano himself goes, it's still controversial about his situation at Penn State. He was then working at Ohio State when under consideration for Tennessee and Rutgers obviously hired him back later so not everybody did or does believe the "story". I wasn't there and I have zero knowledge of what happened. I'm just explaining how it went down at Tennessee. Right or wrong they used the "cancel culture" energy to avoid having to hire him. That's all.

Schiano is a jackass but I don’t think the Sandusky stuff is fair to him. McQueary testified that some other coach told him that Schiano had seen something. That isn’t very credible and isn’t just hearsay, it’s “hearsay within hearsay.” Any involvement in that PSU nightmare is a bad enough but I don’t think “Schiano knew about Sandusky and did nothing” is accurate

Ha, gotta love the thought of handing out cash in McDonald's bags. It fits pefectly the popular cliche of what the $EC has been doing for years - bags of cash. RollingLaugh

Now I doubt Tennessee cared much about using cash bribes to recruit. What they cared about was those coaches being dumb and sloppy enough to get caught.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT