ADVERTISEMENT

Temple UCF

Wow, and UCF wonders why they have no interest from Power 5 conferences. They have a 20 game win streak, 12th in the country, night game, playing what is considered a "championship" level game. They can hardly get their small little stadium half filled. If you can't get your own fan base to care about the program, there is no way the rest of the country will. Pathetic

Wow, and UCF wonders why they have no interest from Power 5 conferences. They have a 20 game win streak, 12th in the country, night game, playing what is considered a "championship" level game. They can hardly get their small little stadium half filled. If you can't get your own fan base to care about the program, there is no way the rest of the country will. Pathetic
Every drive from SW Orlando to East Orlando in rush hour traffic? The I-4 corridor is the 3rd worst in the country (after I-5/LA-SD and I-95/DC). This is the problem with mid-week games.

Working people get into the game late, and students leave at half-time (every game). That's why we get 40K+ through the turnstiles, but only seem to have 30K in the seats for half the game. UCF would love to have Nebraska's fanbase ... although I'd argue half of the P5 fanbase would love to just have UCF's (let alone our TV ratings too). ;)

BTW ... Memphis & Temple v. UCF D:
- 1st Half: 64 Points (nearly 800 yards)
- 2nd Half: 6 Points (less than 400 yards)

No idea how our D is so bad in the first half, one of the worst, and then 'shows up' in the second half.

[QUOTE

No idea how our D is so bad in the first half, one of the worst, and then 'shows up' in the second half.[/QUOTE]

UCF's D shows up when it counts, in time to help get a win, and that's all that matters. I hope Nebraska's D can do something against tOSU when it matters.

Reactions: footnfan1
The obsession continues.
You are right there is an obsession, it isn't because they love the program and it isn't just Nebraska fan. 95% of the country can't stand UCF and they want them to lose. That is the only reason UCF is getting ratings and have people talking about them. Once you get that first loss or 2 and drop back to where you belong the rest of the country will move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: SOHusker11
You are right there is an obsession, but it isn't just Nebraska fan. 95% of the country can't stand UCF and they want them to lose. That is the only reason UCF is getting ratings and have people talking about them. Once you get that first loss or 2 and drop back to where you belong the rest of the country will move on.
I would say once Milton is gone. My word did they look horrible without him.

14 penalties for 149 yards? Holy crap! Temple makes us look disciplined!
and UCF still struggled with them. I think 12th is way to generous. Maybe 20s? I like how the announcers bascially said ucf doesn't deserve anywhere near the playoffs and though 12 is a bit high. How they said it isn't about being able to beat 1 good team aka Auburn. Power 5 teams have to do it over and over throughout the year. It is much harder to do it consistently year in and year out.
Even Frost commented how the BIG10 teams even at the bottom are very good. As a coach and a team they have to play their best game every time. I don't think that was the case for him at UCF.

Last edited:
Their defense will stop them from sniffing the playoffs. However obviously Milton was still hurt and they still went on a tear. That offense is potent.

Even Frost commented how the BIG10 teams even at the bottom are very good. As a coach and a team they have to play their best game every time. I don't think that was the case for him at UCF.
Newsflash, he said the same thing while at UCF, but if it makes you feel better about your situation have at it.

Every drive from SW Orlando to East Orlando in rush hour traffic? The I-4 corridor is the 3rd worst in the country (after I-5/LA-SD and I-95/DC). This is the problem with mid-week games.

Working people get into the game late, and students leave at half-time (every game). That's why we get 40K+ through the turnstiles, but only seem to have 30K in the seats for half the game. UCF would love to have Nebraska's fanbase ... although I'd argue half of the P5 fanbase would love to just have UCF's (let alone our TV ratings too). ;)

No idea how our D is so bad in the first half, one of the worst, and then 'shows up' in the second half.

^^^^^this^^^^
I was there last night but couldn't get there until after kickoff. I noticed people leaving starting at halftime. Weekday night games suck, but I guess the money is worth it to the programs.

Just more excuses.
Exactly for all the bluster of being national champion and the whole sleeping giant thing, they have a very small fan base and much of what they do have will disappear when their record goes south.

Until they can fill a stadium they have no shot at a P5 conference and they will only fill a stadium if they start playing some good P5 teams

It was better once fans had enough time to get to the game after work. Thursday nights are rough. Here’s a video of inside the stadium. Wasn’t a sell out, but was a good crowd. Just hard for alumni to travel into town from around FL with work the next day...

It has nothing to do with an obsession. It has everything to do with anger over a bunch of idiot trolls invading this board and talking smack because UCF beats up on a bunch of d2 teams.

And a bunch of idiot trolls on the UCF board since last year....

Nice win over Bethune Cookman by the way...

This game is the 1 year anniversary of the famous Frost/Moos meeting in Philly.

Guess I should have baked a cake

It has nothing to do with an obsession. It has everything to do with anger over a bunch of idiot trolls invading this board and talking smack because UCF beats up on a bunch of d2 teams.
Then N should schedule them. It would obviously be an easy win. 21-0

ADVERTISEMENT