ADVERTISEMENT

Temple is right on B1G West: Wisconsin

Until another program steps up and takes it from the Badgers, Wisconsin is the team to beat in 2021. For example, Minnesota on defense in 2020 gave up 6.9 yards per carry and 27 TDs in 7 games, so 27 points per game on the ground. Sorry, not buying the Golden Gophers after 3-4 in 2020.

Nebraska has one win over the Badgers, since joining the Big Ten in 2011. The Huskers will have a challenge getting to bowl eligibility, as Temple points out.

Iowa and Northwestern have won 3 of the only 7 B1G West divisions, but the other 4 were all won by the Badgers. The Hawkeyes and Wildcats, like Nebraska, all have to go to Madison this fall on the road to the Big Ten West division and date in Indianapolis.

Illinois and Purdue are the artful spoilers for the division. As was said in the podcast, the top two player makers on either side of the ball, may be WR David Bell and DE/LB George Karlaftis.

It should be an interest race in 2021.

I don't agree with most of the coaches on the left side. And Kirk Ferentz should be #1 least pressure. Iowa will never fire him. Never.
I get what you're saying. Most on the right are either doing well or meeting expectations. The ones on the left, most are programs used to more

9 of the coaches on the left are blue-blood. So yes they will always have pressure. 2 blue bloods on the right that have success in last 20 years makes sense. The rest of the right dont have a measure of success besides finishing 500

I get this is just some random but 6-6 solidifies his job this upcoming year?

Sweet Jesus. But I guess when you go back to back to back years as a coach without going to a bowl a .500 record is a miracle.
Frost is going nowhere. This is his forever job. He'll get better.

Only Temple I care to listen to Templeton Rye..

An Iowa original now popular elsewhere, especially in the days of the Chicago, Kansas City and Omaha speakeasies.

Much like the Cornhuskers nickname. Originally from Iowa.

I am glad to welcome Nebraska into their second decade in the Big Ten. Black Friday is more enjoyable, not involving Colorado, like in 2001.

I was never a Buffalos fan. Though I remember my seat in Nebraska watching that game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT