• No

Votes: 81 41.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackshirts25

Walk On
Dec 10, 2004
I’ve gone back and forth on this answer as 2020 has unfolded. As of now, I think a fair question is, that I’m curious as to other fellow Husker opinions:

Will the Nebraska Cornhuskers play four televised football games this fall - at a minimum?

Thanks!

I’ve gone back and forth on this answer as 2020 has unfolded. As of now, I think a fair question is, that I’m curious as to other fellow Husker opinions:

Will the Nebraska Cornhuskers play four televised football games this fall - at a minimum?

Thanks!
I think 4 games will be played and then they will cancel the season because players will have the virus.

I would like to see what happens during the first week of fall camp which starts on August 7th before deciding how many games will be played this season..

Reactions: TFrazier
I think MLB, NBA, NHL, and MLS will be good indicators. If games are played with limited infections, then I think college football will get some games in. I don’t think there will be fans in stands though.
I will Acknowledge the fact that I’m not so sure how the NHL and MLS are handling things but I feel like the MLB will be the biggest indicator on if college sports can happen or not. The NBA should not be much of an indication since all their teams are in the bubble and there is not traveling needed. The MLB on the other hand is limiting travel to regional only and they are not in a protective bubble so to speak... if the MLB can make their plans work I think college ball can make it work too... it will be a little difficult to keep the college kinds in a bubble during the week days as they will have classes and well they are in college and want they’ll want to be with friends... I’d say there will have to be testing for the team the Thursday morning before the game, and the kids will have to remain isolated until after the game, and then obviously any positives are Scratched and can’t play...

Clemke32, I see your point about traveling across the country, but there is hardly if any contact between players playing Baseball compared with the NBA or NFL...

Reactions: Clemke32
Clemke32, I see your point about traveling across the country, but there is hardly if any contact between players playing Baseball compared with the NBA or NFL...
very true, which was something the completely escaped my mind... maybe MLS would be a better gauge? Depending on how they are handling things... I haven’t thrown the NFL in as a gauge since college starts before the NFL, and the NBA has by far the best system right now, but were able to make that happen by only bringing teams in that will play for a playoff spot plus the playoff teams... MLS would probably be relatable in the sense that they play within fairly close proximity of each other but still not as close as the NBA and Football... I guess I’m more interested in how they will handle the traveling and testing to ensure that you’re not letting players that are sick, either showing symptoms or asymptomatic, play and spread the disease to the point where we can’t have a season... there needs to be a testing system in place to identify who is sick and an isolation process to try to prevent rapid spread that will derail a whole season.

Reactions: scarletred
If all the players get the virus they will all be fine after 2 days. Most would not even realize they had it.
Except, they would get it, become symptomatic 5 days later, then clear it 2 weeks later, then test positive again, wait another week for a negative test, then be fine. But yeah everything else was spot on.

shhh, we are supposed to pretend everyone who gets it dies!
...or at least assume they will immediately go share their positive test results with Grandpa, who smokes and has cancer in his one remaining lung. That won't end well.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I honestly don't think the season will be completed.

With the outrage over something as simple as wearing a mask so prevalent the spread is only going to get worse.

Douglas county saw it's largest increase in cases so far on Saturday.

People forget about rural hospitals who are not equipped for large amounts of infections at the same time.

There isn't a bubble option for college football.

Plain and simple this whole situation ****ing sucks.

If all the players get the virus they will all be fine after 2 days. Most would not even realize they had it.

I heard that young athletes are so immune that they develop something called "reverse herd immunity". Basically their bodies produce such antibodies that they spread through the air and make others immune to the virus. We should take advantage of this and have a tunnel walk where all players cough on fans as they enter the stadium. Then, right after the star spangled banner we can have a public execution of Dr. Fauci to pay for creating the coronavirus scam. Finally, at half time we can dismantle and burn a 5G tower and laugh at Bill Gates for his futile attempt to microchip all of us Laughing

I heard that young athletes are so immune that they develop something called "reverse herd immunity". Basically their bodies produce such antibodies that they spread through the air and make others immune to the virus. We should take advantage of this and have a tunnel walk where all players cough on fans as they enter the stadium. Then, right after the star spangled banner we can have a public execution of Dr. Fauci to pay for creating the coronavirus scam. Finally, at half time we can dismantle and burn a 5G tower and laugh at Bill Gates for his futile attempt to microchip all of us Laughing

You win the day for me

Reactions: ATLsker
I actually think there will be fans allowed as well.

Just wear a mask/respirator depending on your level of concern..

Besides, it's outdoors.

But did he die of COVID or cancer....? Don't call it COVID if it's cancer.
Oh, it'll be Covid-related and added to the grim tally. Like 2 other cancer deaths I know of, a liver-failure death, aortic aneurysm...all "Covid-related", even if not symptomatic.

It will be interesting to see how MLB and the Red Sox deal with Eduardo Perez's myocarditis (heart inflammation) brought on by COVID-19. If they follow standard medical protocol (see Mayo Clinic blurb below), he'll be out for the season.

Red Sox pitcher Eduardo Rodríguez was diagnosed with a heart condition called myocarditis on Sunday, just over a week after being cleared to resume baseball activities.

Rodríguez tested positive for the novel coronavirus COVID-19 before training camp began in March. He told reporters that the virus made him feel “100 years old” and it took him 10 days to even resume a throwing program. The left-hander underwent an MRI that revealed the myocarditis, a condition characterized by inflammation of the heart muscle and typically contracted after a viral infection.

Unable to participate in baseball activities since Thursday, Rodríguez will remain shut down for another week before the team’s medical staff reassesses his condition. Since arriving in Boston for training camp, he’s not reported any lingering symptoms from his experience with the coronavirus.

MYOCARDITIS (from Mayo Clinic site)

In many cases, myocarditis improves on its own or with treatment, leading to a complete recovery. Myocarditis treatment focuses on the cause and the symptoms, such as heart failure.

In mild cases, persons should avoid competitive sports for at least three to six months. Rest and medication to help your body fight off the infection causing myocarditis might be all you need. Although antiviral medications are available, they haven't proved effective in the treatment of most cases of myocarditis.

Certain rare types of viral myocarditis, such as giant cell and eosinophilic myocarditis, respond to corticosteroids or other medications to suppress your immune system. In some cases caused by chronic illnesses, such as lupus, treatment is directed at the underlying disease.

Reactions: saluno22
It may be mandated that everyone one in Omaha will have to wear masks.. Will know more in a couple of hours..
Yeah the wife told me about that over the weekend. I did see an article that some stores including Walmart and Target were walking that ruling back. Not sure if an Omaha in general ruling would overrule that though.

shhh, we are supposed to pretend everyone who gets it dies!
man we are a country of some really insensitive uncaring people. regardless of what statistic you like to use to attempt to confirm whatever opinion you have its alarming to hear people talk this way about the deaths of so many people like they dont matter. My wife's best friends mom died last month with no health issues. yesterday we learned our neighbors dad is on his last breath and he was perfectly healthy as well. it is traumatic. it is life changing. no matter if its 100,000 or 150,000 the exact number doesn't really matter. some of you seriously need to seek therapy over your obsession with politics. Granddads; moms; sisters, sons are dying and all you can concern yourself with is obsessing over some conspiracy theory? who cares who dies as long as its not anyone you know. if you dont know them then i guess they really didn't die. as bad as racism is here i think this lack of respect for others is on the same level.

man we are a country of some really insensitive uncaring people. regardless of what statistic you like to use to attempt to confirm whatever opinion you have its alarming to hear people talk this way about the deaths of so many people like they dont matter. My wife's best friends mom died last month with no health issues. yesterday we learned our neighbors dad is on his last breath and he was perfectly healthy as well. it is traumatic. it is life changing. no matter if its 100,000 or 150,000 the exact number doesn't really matter. some of you seriously need to seek therapy over your obsession with politics. Granddads; moms; sisters, sons are dying and all you can concern yourself with is obsessing over some conspiracy theory? who cares who dies as long as its not anyone you know. if you dont know them then i guess they really didn't die. as bad as racism is here i think this lack of respect for others is on the same level.
this reflects the society we live in. most people don't care one way or another, as long as it doesn't impact them. this is probably true of most things in this world... people look, and think to themselves, "sucks to be you" and then move on with whatever it is they were doing. We look at one another and tell lies everyday, and sadly, we care very deeply about things that don't matter. Like what kind of car you are driving, what kind of house you live in, or whether or not your team is a blue blood or not.. things are very backward from what they should be, and everyone is likely guilty of it.

this reflects the society we live in. most people don't care one way or another, as long as it doesn't impact them. this is probably true of most things in this world... people look, and think to themselves, "sucks to be you" and then move on with whatever it is they were doing. We look at one another and tell lies everyday, and sadly, we care very deeply about things that don't matter. Like what kind of car you are driving, what kind of house you live in, or whether or not your team is a blue blood or not.. things are very backward from what they should be, and everyone is likely guilty of it.
i guess this is part of what some people think makes america so great.
Individualism
i do and think whatever i want and have no responsibility to a greater good.
the good of the few outweighs the good of the many

Maybe we should abolish vehicles as well. How many die from auto accidents each year?

How many people don’t know who their neighbors are? Sad state of affairs the people of this country are in. Most wont agree with me but I firmly believe it is tied directly with people falling away from church and lack of faith in God. MeMeMeMeMe!!!!!!!!!

I honestly don't think the season will be completed.

With the outrage over something as simple as wearing a mask so prevalent the spread is only going to get worse.

Douglas county saw it's largest increase in cases so far on Saturday.

People forget about rural hospitals who are not equipped for large amounts of infections at the same time.

There isn't a bubble option for college football.

Plain and simple this whole situation ****ing sucks.
The rural hospitals are fine with covid but are hurting for money because they don’t have any patients because they were told to stop all other procedures

Reactions: OzzyLvr

Thanks!
A month ago I would have said yes. But the way things look now with schools going to remote classrooms across the country I think it won't happen. The NCAA will likely grant everyone another yea of eligibility, but athletics budgets will be severely constrained for a lot of universities. Players like T Lawrence and J Fields have already played their last games in college.

The rural hospitals are fine with covid but are hurting for money because they don’t have any patients because they were told to stop all other procedures
Elective surgeries are now allowed so that impacts the PT department. The money that was lost will not be made up as those having elective procedures are being cautious and delaying those procedures.

You know people actually dying and conspiracies can co-exist right? Or are you just singling out 1 out of 1,000 possible conspiracies...?

How many people don’t know who their neighbors are? Sad state of affairs the people of this country are in. Most wont agree with me but I firmly believe it is tied directly with people falling away from church and lack of faith in God. MeMeMeMeMe!!!!!!!!!
I'm not religious in a traditional sense, but I 100% agree with you

being woke is the new religion, and it follows a lot of the same rules but encourages expulsion/individualism over community and inclusiveness (at least on its face)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT