• Yes

Votes: 113 58.2%
  • No

Votes: 81 41.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's false, sorry.

Wait so police and national guardsmen can pass it to themselves?..You are smarter than that. If you believe the science.

https://www.latimes.com/california/...ing-to-debate-over-role-of-protests-in-spread

Police officials have said that officers were exposed on skirmish lines as they worked to disperse screaming crowds. Protesters say officers recklessly arrested people en masse without wearing masks, exposing not just themselves but others.

Reactions: gw2kpro
Interesting to hear Fauci say the the riots and protests helped to spread the virus. It was hard for him to say, but he did. Of course you won’t see that on CNN or NBC.

Keep that to yourself. An economist claimed otherwise.

There's an easy solution to all this. Just advertise a "protest" at Memorial stadium each Saturday this fall to coincide with game times. Hand out signs at the gates for anyone showing up unprepared. That will result in zero transmission guaranteed.

Last edited:
Keep that to yourself. An economist claimed otherwise.

There's an easy solution to all this. Just advertise a "protest" at Memorial stadium each Saturday this fall to coincide with game times. Hand out signs at the gates for anyone showing up unprepared. That will result in zero transmission guaranteed.
are you scared that you won't matter?

are you scared that you won't matter?

Just trying to promote a virus free atmosphere this fall.

Going to the beach = selfish virus spreading behavior.

Going out to eat = selfish virus spreading behavior.

Going to a sporting event = selfish virus spreading behavior.

Going to a riot/protest = altruistic, patriotic behavior that definitely does not spread the virus.

Let's have a win/win here. Since rioting/protesting is the only group activity mankind has discovered that doesn't spread the virus, (incontrovertible proof has already been linked in this thread) hold a protest on the weekends in Memorial. And if a football game happens to break out, everyone really wins. You get a protest, football game, and virus free atmosphere all rolled into one.

Last edited:

You seem to be more concerned about who is saying it rather than what is being said. Like it or not Fauci said that the riots and the protest helped spread the coronavirus, even though they were outdoors. No one disputed that it is easier to catch a virus indoors. The only thing he stopped short of saying is that the protest should be stopped. Jordan also made him look silly when Fauci conveniently didn’t have an opinion on stopping protest, (because it’s not his area of expertise), but didn’t have a problem talking about no football and other things that aren’t in his area of expertise.

You seem to be more concerned about who is saying it rather than what is being said. Like it or not Fauci said that the riots and the protest helped spread the coronavirus, even though they were outdoors. No one disputed that it is easier to catch a virus indoors. The only thing he stopped short of saying is that the protest should be stopped. Jordan also made him look silly when Fauci conveniently didn’t have an opinion on stopping protest, (because it’s not his area of expertise), but didn’t have a problem talking about no football and other things that aren’t in his area of expertise.
I'd have much less of a problem with it if it was one of about 434 other members of the House, but instead we get Gym Shower Jordan the Perv Enabler acting sanctimonious (which is pretty par for the course for that douche bag).

People have a Constitutionally protected right to protest. They do not have a right to have the ability to play in or attend a baseball game, or run a hair salon.

People also have a Constitutionally protected right to practice their chosen faith. They do not have the protected right to have a building in which to do it, despite what Gym thinks. Besides.....if going to a building is the only they honor or practice their faith, then their personal faith isn't worth a buffalo turd on a nickel.

Last edited:
I’ve gone back and forth on this answer as 2020 has unfolded. As of now, I think a fair question is, that I’m curious as to other fellow Husker opinions:

Will the Nebraska Cornhuskers play four televised football games this fall - at a minimum?

Thanks!

Have found it interesting that in the beginning of this thread/poll it was 82.5% average consistently to this question for “yes”.

Now hanging onto 60% and has continued to decline as more have voted.

I'd have much less of a problem with it if it was one of about 434 other members of the House, but instead we get Gym Shower Jordan the Perv Enabler acting sanctimonious (which is pretty par for the course for that douche bag).

People have a Constitutionally protected right to protest. They do not have a right to have the ability to play in or attend a baseball game, or run a hair salon.

People also have a Constitutionally protected right to practice their chosen faith. They do not have the protected right to have a building in which to do it, despite what Gym thinks. Besides.....if going to a building is the only they honor or practice their faith, then their personal faith isn't worth a buffalo turd on a nickel.

So the. Why didn’t George Floyd and John Lewis have outdoor funerals and memorials?

And the government can tell me I have to be 6 feet apart or wear a mask at a park but can’t require those same limitations at a protest? Seems strange

So the. Why didn’t George Floyd and John Lewis have outdoor funerals and memorials?

And the government can tell me I have to be 6 feet apart or wear a mask at a park but can’t require those same limitations at a protest? Seems strange
I don't know....take it up with the people that planned those services. I'll never understand why people ask me about things for which I have no control and for which I made no decisions.....

It does look to me like there is some space between many of the people at the Lewis service...and when there isn't, I'd bet that they're people that live together. But, again, take it up with the folks that planned them. I'm sure there's someone that you could e-mail if you're really that concerned.

Here's an article where it mentions that the family of Lewis encouraged people to wear masks or watch it via video:
https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/politics/a33354527/john-lewis-death-funeral/

Lots of people wearing masks, or spacing, or sometimes both (yes...it is CNN, but it's also simply a photo gallery):
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/25/politics/gallery/john-lewis-funeral-ceremonies/index.html

And like I said.....I'd have better tolerated the sanctimony from almost any of the other 434 members of the House instead of Gym. I'm sure you wouldn't tolerate Joe Paterno opining or spewing sanctimony if he were still living...but I guess when it fits your political view, all is forgotten....

Last edited:

It only seems strange because you have an issue with complying to societal recommendations if you dont think it should apply to you.
It really isn't that strange at all.
The govt recommendations on individuals is for the good of the community.
You fail to acknowledge that these protests are not just a handful of low wage factory workers or teachers looking for reasonable benefits. These protests are potentially once in a lifetime in nature and in response to something that has been a concern for 300 years.
Of course, our leaders would have preferred there be no protests because of the virus. But given the circumstances and the degree of backlash they could not enforce recommendations and also had to acknowledge once again the failings of our society to fix our wrongs. Trying to compare a nationwide protest involving 100s years of submission and millions of participants is not even in the same universe of conversation as asking individuals to social distance and wear a mask when they go about their day. and i think the VAST majority of people understand that difference with almost no trouble. So the bigger question is: why can't you understand it? what is it about you that you cannot accept the protests represented something so unique so generational and so large and so important that you could recognize their importance compared to you just going to the grocery store? maybe you a little self centered

Just trying to promote a virus free atmosphere this fall.

Going to the beach = selfish virus spreading behavior.

Going out to eat = selfish virus spreading behavior.

Going to a sporting event = selfish virus spreading behavior.

Going to a riot/protest = altruistic, patriotic behavior that definitely does not spread the virus.

Let's have a win/win here. Since rioting/protesting is the only group activity mankind has discovered that doesn't spread the virus, (incontrovertible proof has already been linked in this thread) hold a protest on the weekends in Memorial. And if a football game happens to break out, everyone really wins. You get a protest, football game, and virus free atmosphere all rolled into one.
i think if you can't see the difference between going to the beach/eating out/going to a large sporting event and participating in possibly a once-in-a-lifetime protest of a century old and continuing acceptance of degrading human suffering then no one is going to be able to explain it to you because you obviously have an issue with people protesting over the treatment of individuals over the last several hundred years. thats what's at the heart of your statements. You dont think what they are protesting is that important. Because you have not been affected by what they are protesting. but you have been affected by local recommendations. Once again, its all about you.
Generations of millions of people have been severely mistreated but you are more concerned with having to wear a piece of cloth over your face for a few minutes each day. Yeah that mask policy is a real bitch compared to a lifetime of slavery and beatings by police. I can see how you might confuse the two

i think if you can't see the difference between going to the beach/eating out/going to a large sporting event and participating in possibly a once-in-a-lifetime protest of a century old and continuing acceptance of degrading human suffering then no one is going to be able to explain it to you because you obviously have an issue with people protesting over the treatment of individuals over the last several hundred years. thats what's at the heart of your statements. You dont think what they are protesting is that important. Because you have not been affected by what they are protesting. but you have been affected by local recommendations. Once again, its all about you.
Generations of millions of people have been severely mistreated but you are more concerned with having to wear a piece of cloth over your face for a few minutes each day. Yeah that mask policy is a real bitch compared to a lifetime of slavery and beatings by police. I can see how you might confuse the two

Just trying to offer practical solutions to this delicate issue.

At the end of the day, jackasses such as yourself and those like you are keeping this thing going. Whatever the gathering.

Which is why the vast majority of states banned large gatherings of people months ago.

The pretzel twisting logic you -- and people like you -- utilize is astounding. Group gatherings you approve of are fine and are an acceptable risk to spreading the virus. Activities others participate in = bad, virus spreading, killing others.

No surprise you don't think any of the rules and recommendations apply to yourself. Product of a selfish, self-centered, me-me-me society.

these protests happen quite often over the course of a lifetime.

pandemics? not so much.

It only seems strange because you have an issue with complying to societal recommendations if you dont think it should apply to you.
Isn’t that what the protesters are doing?
It really isn't that strange at all.
So yes it is strange.
The govt recommendations on individuals is for the good of the community.
Agree
You fail to acknowledge that these protests are not just a handful of low wage factory workers or teachers looking for reasonable benefits. These protests are potentially once in a lifetime in nature and in response to something that has been a concern for 300 years.
So because these aren’t teachers and low wage factory workers the rules don’t apply?
Of course, our leaders would have preferred there be no protests because of the virus. But given the circumstances and the degree of backlash they could not enforce recommendations and also had to acknowledge once again the failings of our society to fix our wrongs.
So fear of backlash is why protesters can aid in spreading a virus?
Trying to compare a nationwide protest involving 100s years of submission and millions of participants is not even in the same universe of conversation as asking individuals to social distance and wear a mask when they go about their day. and i think the VAST majority of people understand that difference with almost no trouble.
So as long as breaking rules and laws benefit your cause it’s ok?
So the bigger question is: why can't you understand it? what is it about you that you cannot accept the protests represented something so unique so generational and so large and so important that you could recognize their importance compared to you just going to the grocery store? maybe you a little self centered
Not one time Have I stated the protest should not have gone on, I just asked why there couldn’t be social distancing as suggested.

My main question is why a two bit career criminal, who happened to be committing a crime at the wrong place at the wrong time, gets to have a funeral and multiple memorials with dignitaries and thousands of guests, when every other black, brown, yellow, red, green and white person Who dies has to choose a handful of loved ones To attend their funeral, if they are lucky enough to even get that option.

You say you want everyone treated fairly, but you Really don’t.

You sound like a privileged rich white kid named Chipper or Skip who feels guilty for being white and privileged. See I can throw out generalizations too

Just trying to offer practical solutions to this delicate issue.

At the end of the day, jackasses such as yourself and those like you are keeping this thing going. Whatever the gathering.

Which is why the vast majority of states banned large gatherings of people months ago.

The pretzel twisting logic you -- and people like you -- utilize is astounding. Group gatherings you approve of are fine and are an acceptable risk to spreading the virus. Activities others participate in = bad, virus spreading, killing others.

No surprise you don't think any of the rules and recommendations apply to yourself. Product of a selfish, self-centered, me-me-me society.
i didn't approve of any large gathering. you've got mental issues or can't read

no that isn't what the protesters are doing. the protesters are protesting for the good of people not themselves. their outlook is for the greater good. yours is for yourself.
would it be better if the protesters didn't gather? yes
but, once again, for those who see nothing wrong with the innocent killing of another black man, the issue unfortunately is bigger than any reason anyone can come up with to gather. i dont fault them for protesting even though its in pandemic. no other good reasons

no that isn't what the protesters are doing. the protesters are protesting for the good of people not themselves. their outlook is for the greater good. yours is for yourself.
would it be better if the protesters didn't gather? yes
but, once again, for those who see nothing wrong with the innocent killing of another black man, the issue unfortunately is bigger than any reason anyone can come up with to gather. i dont fault them for protesting even though its in pandemic. no other good reasons

It’s ok Skip. You can put the shovel down now.

Yep. Think of all of the people that couldn't have a funeral for their loved ones, but it is ok to have massive funerals indoors just because they have a little more social status. Just ridiculous how the narrative always changes...

People of all political persuasions are guilty of this. Trump wouldn't wear a mask even though that's the recommendation. Hypocrisy.

Large group gatherings are banned -- evidence of selfish behavior -- if it's the funeral of a commoner, but not if it's the funeral of a non-commoner. Presented as reckless behavior dooming the country and sending others to their graves if a gathering is on a beach but not if that same gathering is engaging in a riot. Hypocrisy.

Good for thee but not for me.
I would hope you realize how protected the President is from outside people. Ironically while White House staff tested positive all around him, the guy on hydroxycloroquine has stayed virus free.....Winking

jesus christ

Congrats on getting another thread locked with your political BS. I’ve tried to play nice, no more. Any more political comments will entitle the poster to a ban from this site. The mods are tired of you ignoring Mike’s rule pinned at the top. Enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT