ADVERTISEMENT

Teddy who?

Wherever he ends up, may be have figured out what has been going on that has led him to multiple schools during his high school and college years.

Glad to see Nebraska play well enough tonight to get a win.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Wherever he ends up, may be have figured out what has been going on that has led him to multiple schools during his high school and college years.

Glad to see Nebraska play well enough tonight to get a win.
I really hope he gets his ducks in a row because man it appears he's fighting some demons. I thought maybe with his on the court demeanor this past couple of weeks that he had turned a corner. Best of luck to him.

Our entire athletic department desperately NEEDS to swear off recruiting these players that bounce around or have so many red flags with their personality. The results are nearly identical every single time and they’re not good. It really is starting to seem like the definition of insanity the way we’re constantly expecting to rely on these same guys.

Our entire athletic department desperately NEEDS to swear off recruiting these players that bounce around or have so many red flags with their personality. The results are nearly identical every single time and they’re not good. It really is starting to seem like the definition of insanity the way we’re constantly expecting to rely on these same guys.
Well given our basketball situation you have to give Fred a pass for recruiting an in-state kid with issues that has enough talent to put up 41 on a B1G opponent. We gave it a shot and it didn't work out. Fred had to recruit Teddy.

Well given our basketball situation you have to give Fred a pass for recruiting an in-state kid with issues that has enough talent to put up 41 on a B1G opponent. We gave it a shot and it didn't work out. Fred had to recruit Teddy.

Ehhh Idk. There’s just too many examples where it’s counter intuitive to building a program to grab these guys. The high chance that they’re not here for more than a year or don’t play. They’re a distraction. They stick the program in neutral for the time they’re here by taking up a scholarship for entire years and only playing partially. There’s no chemistry building going on there, there was barely even any winning anyways. I’m just over it. I’d rather recruit a mediocre role player in their place who will more likely put in the time to grow within the system.

It’s especially ridiculous whenever the word “culture” comes out of a coach’s mouth. It reminds of any run of the mill politician telling everyone what they want to hear, then turning around and doing the exact opposite. I do think Scott has been worse about this than Fred.

Ehhh Idk. There’s just too many examples where it’s counter intuitive to building a program to grab these guys. The high chance that they’re not here for more than a year or don’t play. They’re a distraction. They stick the program in neutral for the time they’re here by taking up a scholarship for entire years and only playing partially. There’s no chemistry building going on there, there was barely even any winning anyways. I’m just over it. I’d rather recruit a mediocre role player in their place who will more likely put in the time to grow within the system.

It’s especially ridiculous whenever the word “culture” comes out of a coach’s mouth. It reminds of any run of the mill politician telling everyone what they want to hear, then turning around and doing the exact opposite. I do think Scott has been worse about this than Fred.
Lol so Teddy's the reason for our abysmal record and performance for much of the year? When during long stretches he was the only guy with any sort of offensive presence whatsoever? Some of our losses would have been far more embarrassing if it weren't for Teddy carrying the team. Sure let's blame the kid playing his heart out and not the coach who's making over a million dollar salary presumably to win more than 7 games a year.

Reactions: aNUstart
Lol so Teddy's the reason for our abysmal record and performance for much of the year? When during long stretches he was the only guy with any sort of offensive presence whatsoever? Some of our losses would have been far more embarrassing if it weren't for Teddy carrying the team. Sure let's blame the kid playing his heart out and not the coach who's making over a million dollar salary presumably to win more than 7 games a year.
Do you understand that scoring points does not mean you are the best player on a team? If you mess up team chemistry, that means you are not helping. What do you not understand about that? The is a reason why players like Allen Iverson and James Harden don't win it all. Basketball is a TEAM sport. So when you put yourself in front of the team, you make your team worse. What happened when Nebraska beat Penn state 62 to 61? Teddy Allen ran into the locker with his finger up acting like he won the game all by himself. That is the problem with players like him, and it's unfortunate people like you can't put 2 and 2 together. I'm just glad Hoiberg could!

Guess the proof will be in the pudding, but watching the game last night, they looked like an entirely different team. Almost like a burden has been lifted off of the entire team and coaching staff. I actually am intrigued to watch them again.

Reactions: Herbert Husker
Guess the proof will be in the pudding, but watching the game last night, they looked like an entirely different team. Almost like a burden has been lifted off of the entire team and coaching staff. I actually am intrigued to watch them again.
So you're saying Teddy is the reason we sucked?

That is the problem with players like him, and it's unfortunate people like you can't put 2 and 2 together. I'm just glad Hoiberg could!

You realize Hoiberg is the one who recruited Teddy and decides who gets to play, right?

Oldjar's point stands, we can't blame Teddy for being Teddy, everyone knew who he was - this is on Fred.

Interesting read in the OWH today, Shatel talked to Eric Piatkowski about Teddy nearly breaking his record. EP said he figured Teddy would be a one year guy at NU, and said Teddy should go to Europe and play pro ball - his style of play will fit right in there and he will make a lot of $.

You realize Hoiberg is the one who recruited Teddy and decides who gets to play, right?

Oldjar's point stands, we can't blame Teddy for being Teddy, everyone knew who he was - this is on Fred.

Interesting read in the OWH today, Shatel talked to Eric Piatkowski about Teddy nearly breaking his record. EP said he figured Teddy would be a one year guy at NU, and said Teddy should go to Europe and play pro ball - his style of play will fit right in there and he will make a lot of $.
No it does not... Hoiberg played him, benched him, gave him another shot and then Teddy failed. Hoiberg took a chance and made the tough decision. Go be butt buddies with your pal oldjar on your own time and leave this board to people with common sense.

As I said on another post, Teddy Allen is a good player. He just does not fit Hoiberg system. Hoiberg now knows that and removed him from the team. That is what good coaches do, make tough decisions

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
No it does not... Hoiberg played him, benched him, gave him another shot and then Teddy failed. Hoiberg took a chance and made the tough decision. Go be butt buddies with your pal oldjar on your own time and leave this board to people with common sense
LOL, you're a freakin' idiot. You wrote about how players like Teddy who put themselves first aren't good for a team, but you give the coach who recruited and played him a pass. Quit lying about having common sense, it's obvious you have none. And why the crack about "butt buddies" just because I agreed with someone else, you get diddled by your uncle and now need to project?

I'm not trying to bash Hoiberg, I think he's going to turn things around at NU. But like I said, he knew was he was getting with Teddy, it just didn't work out.

LOL, you're a freakin' idiot. You wrote about how players like Teddy who put themselves first aren't good for a team, but you give the coach who recruited and played him a pass. Quit lying about having common sense, it's obvious you have none. And why the crack about "butt buddies" just because I agreed with someone else, you get diddled by your uncle and now need to project?

I'm not trying to bash Hoiberg, I think he's going to turn things around at NU. But like I said, he knew was he was getting with Teddy, it just didn't work out.
didn't you know it always takes good coaches a year-plus to make 'tough decisions' and mutually part ways with their highest scorer with 1 week left in the season after they'd suffered an injury?

it's what they do!

I'm an idiot... I said the day before Teddy left the team that he was likely to leave... and your buddy oldjar called me an idiot then. Then Allen is gone and you both act like it was Hoiberg's fault he was terrible for the team.

Teddy = Good Scorer
Teddy = Worth a risk to see what he can do
Teddy = Selfish player (Self over team)
Teddy = Made the best decision for himself
Hoiberg = Working with what he felt was the best available
Hoiberg = Made the decision to take a shot
Hoiberg = Made the decision to let him go
Hoiberg = Great Coach

aNUstart = Great Screen Name
aNUstart = Defending a friend who happens to be a dumb poster
oldjar = Dumb poster
I don't even know what you're talking about. You must be thinking of someone else because I never called anyone an idiot. But since you feel the need to personally attack people, this post is getting reported.

So you're saying Teddy is the reason we sucked?
I think he was a big reason, not the only reason (free throws come to mind), but he had a big hand in it. Guess we will see after a large enough sample size, won't we? Team chemistry, body language, movement, and confidence all seemed to be a little more on the positive side against Rutgers. Hopefully whatever Teddy is dealing with gets figured out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT