ADVERTISEMENT

Teddy or thor

Husker Red 182

Walk On
Oct 28, 2019
If you could choose only one of these guys to return next season who do u choose.

Teddy has a way higher ceiling and Is more talented as indicated by 41 earlier this week. However 7 pts last 2 games. More drama and attitude. At times offense gets stagnant with ball in hand

Thor- less drama, less upside. Will make right pass as indicated by the 2 assists to walker and make smart play. Also may have run system better with him in there

Not sure who better shooter lean teddy but thor does nice job.

Yes Thor has as fine a stroke as you'll ever see from a guy shooting 35% overall and 28% from three.

Thor carved out a nice role for himself on last year's team, and seemed to play well with Mack. This season has not gone as well, though he's contributed nicely at times - including last night. But if you're actually debating which of these two is a better shooter, it's pretty hard to take the question seriously.

If you could choose only one of these guys to return next season who do u choose.

Teddy has a way higher ceiling and Is more talented as indicated by 41 earlier this week. However 7 pts last 2 games. More drama and attitude. At times offense gets stagnant with ball in hand

Thor- less drama, less upside. Will make right pass as indicated by the 2 assists to walker and make smart play. Also may have run system better with him in there

Thor is not good.

Thor has very good games very few and very seldom, he’s more of a team player than Teddy, but Teddy is better attaching the basket...

Fred can do better by looking for other players if we want to finish in the top half of the Big10..

But, but... Guy I Like just had his best game of the season and Guy I Don’t Care For hardly played. What better time to make decisions about next year’s roster?

Allen is twice the player Thor is. Allen needs to be put in as more of a role player.
Understand the game before you come up with some kind of comparison between these two.

It's a simple question, but more of a complex answer. The question kind of depends on what role you need for next year's team. This year, Teddy had to be option #1 for any scoring. Because of that, we saw it was all or nothing. Thor has never been asked to score, or do more than be a 6-4-4 type of player (points-rebounds-assists).

Next year we will have Bryce McGowens and Briedenbach (hopefully) as scoring options #1-#2 on a consistent basis. That means Teddy and Trey McGowens only need to be scoring options #3-#4. If the incoming recruits next year are as advertised (that's a big "if"), I think I would go with Thor over Teddy. He runs the offensive sets better and has good vision to dump the ball to the big guys (although Teddy has improved the last 4-5 games in this area) and that results in Walker and Andre contributing more on offense. If we basically have the same team next year as this year, meaning no other change in personnel, then it goes to Teddy.

For what it is worth, I think Teddy could be a "Thor-type" player next year if that is the role he is asked to do - with the opportunity to light it up like his 41-point effort if he is on fire. Doesn't mean he would accept that role.

Reactions: dinglefritz

Is it this or a sore wrist?

It's a simple question, but more of a complex answer. The question kind of depends on what role you need for next year's team. This year, Teddy had to be option #1 for any scoring. Because of that, we saw it was all or nothing. Thor has never been asked to score, or do more than be a 6-4-4 type of player (points-rebounds-assists).

Next year we will have Bryce McGowens and Briedenbach (hopefully) as scoring options #1-#2 on a consistent basis. That means Teddy and Trey McGowens only need to be scoring options #3-#4. If the incoming recruits next year are as advertised (that's a big "if"), I think I would go with Thor over Teddy. He runs the offensive sets better and has good vision to dump the ball to the big guys (although Teddy has improved the last 4-5 games in this area) and that results in Walker and Andre contributing more on offense. If we basically have the same team next year as this year, meaning no other change in personnel, then it goes to Teddy.

For what it is worth, I think Teddy could be a "Thor-type" player next year if that is the role he is asked to do - with the opportunity to light it up like his 41-point effort if he is on fire. Doesn't mean he would accept that role.
Teddy just needs to work harder and improve to be a better all around contributor and play 100% to his potential.
Teddy gets lazy at times for sure.
We will be a improved bunch next year.
I for one am excited for what Hoiberg is doing.....Fred has what it takes.
And that is the first time I can say that in the history of Nebraska Basketball.
We have a great HC.

Reactions: anon_jxk4xqiw1d5o7
The real question is talent and athleticism vs heart and knowledge. The problem is this athletic department has been forcing this decision with bad coaching and recruiting. Get out on the trail and find both

Thor is a good role player and can produce when the team plays unselfishly. It would not hurt if Thor came back for depth next season.

Teddy has played much better the past few weeks. I have been impressed with his passing during this stretch. He is the most well-rounded offensive player on the team, so we probably don't want him going anywhere.

I rewatched and focused on teddy when he was in there. He took one bad shot and then took one quick shot in transition. He also drove and made two nice passes for easy scores. His defense was fine. Dont think he really did anything gamewise to get benched. I figure Fred was just riding the horses that got them there.

Yes Thor has as fine a stroke as you'll ever see from a guy shooting 35% overall and 28% from three.

Thor carved out a nice role for himself on last year's team, and seemed to play well with Mack. This season has not gone as well, though he's contributed nicely at times - including last night. But if you're actually debating which of these two is a better shooter, it's pretty hard to take the question seriously.
Don't forget the role Thor played in the last month if Miles last season. He has basketball IQ. I remember when fred arrived how people on here couldn't wait to see Thor gone. He's just a guy that is needed on a team. Selfless will do what is asked.

Don't forget the role Thor played in the last month if Miles last season. He has basketball IQ. I remember when fred arrived how people on here couldn't wait to see Thor gone. He's just a guy that is needed on a team. Selfless will do what is asked.
Thor IMO does a lot of things that helps get other guys points. He was huge in the game last night regardless of how many he scored. I wish Teddy had as high of a basketball IQ as Thor. One thing that happens when Teddy is out and Thor is in IMO is that people move instead of standing around watching Teddy. We got WAY more easy buckets at the rim for our bigs last night with Teddy on the bench.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT