ADVERTISEMENT

Teddy buckets gone

Yeah, I don't think quitting with 4 games left was a good move for Allen. Best of luck to him though. He should have an opportunity overseas.
He needs to go to a league where recreational MJ is completely legal. Amsterdam should work.

Football + Basketball are both circling the drain which = Athletic department. To me anyway.
The backbone of either program is recruiting. We've recruited very well the past couple of years in football IMO and extemely well this past year in basketball. One class can fix basketball. One GOOD year from a QB can fix our football team IMO. I'm hopeful that the future is bright for our "athletic department". I think we've got some good young coaches leading our programs and they're people who I think will be at NU for a long time. I'm in it for the long haul and IMO we have the best head coaches we've had at NU since Frank and Nee were fired.

This has nothing to do with our athletic department. I couldn't believe that Fred let him stay on the team. He would have been suspended from many if not most other basketball teams for some of the crap he pulled. Great offensive talent. I hope he gets his act together and has a lengthy pro career but man I wouldn't bet the house on it.

Do tell......

How many teams has he left now? I lost count.
And healing up for the next opportunity...laughable.
Carry on wayward son...

How did our athletic department get to be such a smoldering pile of dog shit?
I think the "laissez-faire' approach by Bill is a problem.

Scott gets to do whatever he wants.. it's totally hands off.

Scott doesn't want to play bowl games, it doesn't happen.

There is zero accountability down there as far as I'm concerned, and Scott's being paid a massive salary.

It's just gravy to them..

I would start looking for another AD.

Reactions: oldjar07
Them there is fightin words.

and to answer you question, OH HELL NO. The only good thing in Iowa is a few of their breweries.
Toppling Goliath and Big Grove here in eastern Iowa. Otherwise, I get it shipped from Colorado, my home for 23 years, along with other supplies.

There is zero accountability down there as far as I'm concerned, and Scott's being paid a massive salary.

Moos may have an Alvarez like quality with the fans and the media. But he doesn't run his AD anything like Barry does. Barry was and still is to a large extent a coach. He goes to practices, he gives input, he tilts the conference to benefit his program the most. Bill talks a good game and has gotten some big names to come here but he's fumbled a few things on facilities and the rest of the conference clearly doesn't listen to him. I like Moos and think he's the best AD we've had since Byrne (which isn't saying much). But if Scott lays another egg next year and nothing changes, I'd have to agree with you.

Yep, this is really the crux of the problem. We hired two coaches who aren't able to be successful without some amount of hand-holding or laying out clear expectations. Just because we thought we were lucky to have them, we let them do whatever they want with zero expectations and accountability and it ended up with disastrous results. Blaming the talent or blaming everything else under the sun hasn't helped one bit. If held accountable, I think both Frost and Hoiberg can be good coaches and start getting the results we were all hoping for. Ultimately the performance of the team is on the head coach and we need to stop shifting responsibility for poor performance.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Geez people there wasn’t a decent bowl to play and they wanted a bowl game against another power 5 team..

As far as Hoieberg, just wait in the years to come I believe they’ll be in the top half of the conference and playing in fair share of NCAA tournaments..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT