ADVERTISEMENT

Teddy buckets gone

How did Sears and Blockbuster go under? Years and years of poor upper management and lack of ability or desire to adapt to changes in the market. Its the same thing for Husker sports.

IDK, we did hire a basketball coach that could have had just about any open job he wanted, in the NBA or college, and we did hire the hottest football coach in America that also could have had any open job he wanted...It isn't like we hired career dumbasses with zero track record of success. Just hard to fathom how two great (at the time) hires have turned out so poorly to date.

He was not the best player on the roster.
I would take Banton and Mcgowens play over Teddy's every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I'd rather lose Teddy than damn near every other player on the roster.

It's like drugs and Alcohol... they make you feel good in the moment, but the overall affect is screwing you over in the long run

Reactions: huskernaut
Best option for him may be to finish up classes and graduate.....and go to Europe to play. Wonder how close he really is to graduating....we are his fourth college.

He's gotta just be done with college basketball right? Probably headed to Europe or something.
Like I said last week, he got one good game on tape to show Euro scouts. Now he has to wait for someone to take a chance on his act.

Last edited:
IDK, we did hire a basketball coach that could have had just about any open job he wanted, in the NBA or college, and we did hire the hottest football coach in America that also could have had any open job he wanted...It isn't like we hired career dumbasses with zero track record of success. Just hard to fathom how two great (at the time) hires have turned out so poorly to date.
Rebuilding programs isn't as easy as we all thought it would be

The kid has issues and continues to make poor decisions. If that doesn't stop really soon, and I mean REALLY SOON, he is going to have a unfulfilled life.

Okay, he wants to play in Europe. How does quitting now make that more possible? It has got to be something else. I suspect it is more like giving an employee the chance to resign before you fire him.

Sounds like he banged up his wrist really bad in the second half of the Penn State game. Thus his lack of scoring much in that second half and the next two games. Makes sense that he'd want to heal up instead of play out the season. As far as sticking around next year, he's a kid that obviously struggles with authority I'm guessing he and Hoiberg butted heads quite often but yet had a mutual respect for each other.

Tough kid, hopefully he gets a nice landing spot. Awesome job on overcoming all the obstacles in his life and getting the degree in August. I wish Teddy the best...

Bryce McGowens will be a major upgrade over Teddy as an overall player and teammate.

However, Tominaga was a wasted scholarship. Should have recruited Saint Thomas instead. Fred also needs to find a true point guard.

Bryce McGowens will be a major upgrade over Teddy as an overall player and teammate.

However, Tominaga was a wasted scholarship. Should have recruited Saint Thomas instead. Fred also needs to find a true point guard.
I hope Bryce is the real deal. his senior year suggests as much. probably the biggest snub of the McDonald's ASG.

hopefully his bro gets him into the weight room early and often. we're going to need him to give us 25+ minutes a night in the B1G next year if we hope to approach the .500 mark needed to sniff the bubble.

agree about Saint Thomas, too.

I'm not going to throw anyone under the bus. It is what it is and let's move on. IF it's a mutual separation GREAT! Best for all parties.... I will assume that is the case for now

I would take Banton and Mcgowens play over Teddy's every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I'd rather lose Teddy than damn near every other player on the roster.

It's like drugs and Alcohol... they make you feel good in the moment, but the overall affect is screwing you over in the long run
Part of being a great player is being a team player, Teddy Ballhog was not a team player.

Reactions: big red22
Yeah, I don't think quitting with 4 games left was a good move for Allen. Best of luck to him though. He should have an opportunity overseas.

I was going to eat crow after his 41 point game, as I didn't expect that nor that he would last this long on the team.

He has talent, particularly scoring contested shots. I was impressed with his passing at times too.

Unfortunately, our basketball and football teams have lost plenty of talented players over the past several years. However, we need team players that play within the system and play well with their teammates. It is harder to find talented team players who want to come to Nebraska, but I'm still hopeful that focusing on team first players is the only way to be successful.

How did our athletic department get to be such a smoldering pile of dog shit?
This has nothing to do with our athletic department. I couldn't believe that Fred let him stay on the team. He would have been suspended from many if not most other basketball teams for some of the crap he pulled. Great offensive talent. I hope he gets his act together and has a lengthy pro career but man I wouldn't bet the house on it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT