ADVERTISEMENT

Teddy Allen gets his 4th star, finally...

I'm excited to see the new-look Hoiskers

hopefully we can get off to a better start than last year and carry it into a competitive conference season

SIAP...one year to play one, or does he have more eligibility?

“Teddy Allen led all junior college scoring with 31.4 points per game. He shot 51% from the floor, 37% from 3 and 88% from the free throw line during one season at Western Nebraska Community College. Allen, formerly of Boys Town, was the Gatorade Player of the Year in Nebraska in 2017. He had stints at both West Virginia and Wichita State before ending up at WNCC. He committed to Nebraska in the winter and will have two years of eligibility.”

I was lazy earlier but now I finally took some time to looked into it and this is a quote via Chris Heady the Omaha World Herald staff writer on Teddy Allen. I’ll post the link below if you want to read up on the other guys we got too.

https://www.omaha.com/sports/colleg...cle_21564333-0196-50e2-ae03-8ccaf0f65cec.html

Last edited:
Reactions: grayhairedfreak
“Teddy Allen led all junior college scoring with 31.4 points per game. He shot 51% from the floor, 37% from 3 and 88% from the free throw line during one season at Western Nebraska Community College. Allen, formerly of Boys Town, was the Gatorade Player of the Year in Nebraska in 2017. He had stints at both West Virginia and Wichita State before ending up at WNCC. He committed to Nebraska in the winter and will have two years of eligibility.”

I was lazy earlier but now I finally took some time to looked into it and this is a quote via Chris Heady the Omaha World Herald staff writer on Teddy Allen. I’ll post the link below if you want to read up on the other guys we got too.

https://www.omaha.com/sports/colleg...cle_21564333-0196-50e2-ae03-8ccaf0f65cec.html
88% from line. Already bringing something different!

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
88% from line. Already bringing something different!

actually it appears everyone of our new guys coming in are also decent to good free throw shooters.

Teddy Allen is a 88% FT shooter
Lat Mayen is a 81% FT shooter
Trey McGowen is a 75% FT shooter
Kobe King is a 66% FT shooter
Kobe Webster is a 77% FT shooter
Trevor Lakes is a 81% FT shooter

I couldn’t find a thing about free throw shooting for our new 6’10 center Eduardo Andre but it seems like all of our other new additions are decent to good free throw shooters. I have no clue why our last batch of players struggled so badly at the charity line. But this group appears to be the exact opposite. GBR

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
If you play basketball, you should be able to make your shots. Not every baskets going to be a dunk unless you're Shaq. And he's the type of guy you foul and put it the line. It's embarrassing when basketball players can't make their free throws. It makes you wonder why they are not practicing they're shooting when they are not playing actual games. At least hoiberg can recruit

Reactions: huskerssalts
If you play basketball, you should be able to make your shots. Not every baskets going to be a dunk unless you're Shaq. And he's the type of guy you foul and put it the line. It's embarrassing when basketball players can't make their free throws. It makes you wonder why they are not practicing they're shooting when they are not playing actual games. At least hoiberg can recruit
After the 8-30 ft shooting against northwestern they shot over 80% in the next 2 then 70% in the last game so Fred must have gotten something turned around a bit

In any sport there are fundamentals. Master those fundamentals and then recruit the best athletes. you should at least be able to shoot the ball regardless of whether you can run or jump. Who cares if you can't finish?

Reactions: huskerssalts

Do you believe this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT