ADVERTISEMENT

Tebow Cut

salsa red

Junior
Dec 25, 2019
We'll see if he makes it to a practice squad. Learning a new position is probably super difficult, and he is competing with guys a lot younger. Also credit to Urban for making not making an emotional decision to keep him around. Frost seems to be too loyal to players, I don't think he gets rid of someone who helped him in the past.

We'll see if he makes it to a practice squad. Learning a new position is probably super difficult, and he is competing with guys a lot younger. Also credit to Urban for making not making an emotional decision to keep him around. Frost seems to be too loyal to players, I don't think he gets rid of someone who helped him in the past.
Not understanding the correlation between Tibow getting cut and Frost being loyal. Stretchhhhh.

Not understanding the correlation between Tibow getting cut and Frost being loyal. Stretchhhhh.
I'm saying Urban is showing why he's a better coach than Frost. Frost has been loyal to Martinez and not looked for a transfer qb, also he's been loyal to Cam even though he's been a disaster at times. No way Urban doesn't get other qbs or centers when they struggle. He takes the emotion out and puts the best team on the field regardless if it'll hurt someones feelings.

Yeah, I would agree with that. Play the best. Cut the dead weight. It's what winners do.

total publicity stunt. Good for Tebow for trying. He is a good guy. At least he kneels for the right reasons at the right times.

I'm saying Urban is showing why he's a better coach than Frost. Frost has been loyal to Martinez and not looked for a transfer qb, also he's been loyal to Cam even though he's been a disaster at times. No way Urban doesn't get other qbs or centers when they struggle. He takes the emotion out and puts the best team on the field regardless if it'll hurt someones feelings.
Your point would be better if not for the fact it was utterly ridiculous for Urb to bring Tebow to camp in the first place. That was cronyism at its finest.

total publicity stunt. Good for Tebow for trying. He is a good guy. At least he kneels for the right reasons at the right times.
zod-kneel-before-zod.gif

In cams defense I think it's a little different because they switched him so I think they're a little patient

Reactions: OzzyLvr
urban meyer is a scumbag of the highest order

tebow has done a lot with a little

was that a spot jaxville or um had the space/time to waste on a marketing ploy?
saying that knowing it would not have made much difference…theyre terrible.
itll be curious to see how um does this year, regardless.

Stephen A. Smith:

"I’m happy for him, meaning Tim Tebow specifically, but when you look at the totality of the situation, If I'm gonna bring up white privilege when I brought up Steve Nash getting the job in Brooklyn, is this not an example of white privilege? What brother you know is getting this opportunity?" "That makes people uncomfortable because we’re talking about race when I say something like that," he added. "Let me be the first to say – I don’t give a damn how you feel. I mean what I say. It is white privilege because that’s not something that’s happening for any brothers out there." NFL is 68.7% black. NBA is 74.2% black.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC and RedMyMind
What? After this bone crushing block?

And this on the very next play. Get a clue Urbs

We don’t want to see them until they’re ready or else it will be another 2020 Illinois/McCaffrey debacle. This can be more damaging to their upbringing, JMO
I want to see Haarberg now.

there is nothing more damaging than sitting behind someone who can't get it done, thus leading to worse players and/or a new coach in short order.

7 wins with AM in year 4 is nothing to hang our hat on. 7 wins with a true frosh QB would be immensely heartening for the future of this program.

this is a long rebuild, right? so why all of a sudden do we not see the obvious big picture here?

I think Tebow is pretty good at his SEC Network gig. Maybe he'll focus on that now and stop listening to people who tell him he's still a professional athlete.

Luckily Tebow was so bad for the Jags that even his biggest fanboys can't really squeal about his release being a case of persecution.

Your point would be better if not for the fact it was utterly ridiculous for Urb to bring Tebow to camp in the first place. That was cronyism at its finest.
Cronyism would have been to keep him if he was not the best. Nothing crony about giving a very good athlete a shot. When he was not, he cut the cord.

We have nobody better than Martinez!!
Get this through all of your thick skulls.
This statement demonstrates either a failure in recruiting, coaching, development, or leadership in over 3.5 years as a head coach. I let you take your pick if it just one or all.

Luckily Tebow was so bad for the Jags that even his biggest fanboys can't really squeal about his release being a case of persecution.
Did that happen much?
I did see the same typical ones whining about him again this year.

Stephen A. Smith:

"I’m happy for him, meaning Tim Tebow specifically, but when you look at the totality of the situation, If I'm gonna bring up white privilege when I brought up Steve Nash getting the job in Brooklyn, is this not an example of white privilege? What brother you know is getting this opportunity?" "That makes people uncomfortable because we’re talking about race when I say something like that," he added. "Let me be the first to say – I don’t give a damn how you feel. I mean what I say. It is white privilege because that’s not something that’s happening for any brothers out there." NFL is 68.7% black. NBA is 74.2% black.
Stephen A has CTE

Reactions: WHCSC
This statement demonstrates either a failure in recruiting, coaching, development, or leadership in over 3.5 years as a head coach. I let you take your pick if it just one or all.
What is he supposed to do knock em out when they cry and threaten to leave?? At that point you know you don’t want that dude on your team anymore, right? It is what it is, now we are left with what he started with and he needs to make this work or hit the road.

I want to see Haarberg now.

there is nothing more damaging than sitting behind someone who can't get it done, thus leading to worse players and/or a new coach in short order.

7 wins with AM in year 4 is nothing to hang our hat on. 7 wins with a true frosh QB would be immensely heartening for the future of this program.

this is a long rebuild, right? so why all of a sudden do we not see the obvious big picture here?
The only way this will continue to be a “long rebuild” is if he shows enough of an improvement this year. Which is why he needs to win now and Martinez is the best option for that.

What is he supposed to do knock em out when they cry and threaten to leave?? At that point you know you don’t want that dude on your team anymore, right? It is what it is, now we are left with what he started with and he needs to make this work or hit the road.
This falls under leadership.

What was Frost to do?

All reports from first year camp came out that Martinez and Gebbia were neck and neck. Frost chooses his boy and Gebbia knows he will not have a chance and wait for an injury. On the flip side, if Frost takes Gebbia, Martinez does not transfer, but stays and competes. If Martinez is truly the best, he can come in through the season and show it - but at the end of the day he has both QB’s on the team competing.

Was Martinez the best? Maybe, maybe not. Possibly the teammates saw a teammate who was competing as well if not better than a true freshman Frost recruited, but Frost chose his recruit regardless. Could that be why there was so much division in the locker room for several seasons?

Bottom line - Frost did not hedge his bets when he went with Martinez. He made a bad business move.

The only way this will continue to be a “long rebuild” is if he shows enough of an improvement this year. Which is why he needs to win now and Martinez is the best option for that.
'win now' to me isn't 7 wins, which is AM's ceiling

nobody, and I mean nobody, should be impressed by that

then we just start over with a new QB in '22?

this short-sighted plan makes zero sense after preaching rebuild rebuild rebuild since day 1

7 wins with Haarberg, however, means 10 in '22 is a realistic achievement. '23 potentially a top-10 pre-season team.

instead, we want meaningless wins in '21 which will lead to yet another 7 win expectation in '22

see the forest for the trees, people! this is literally rebuilding 101 type stuff!

'win now' to me isn't 7 wins, which is AM's ceiling

nobody, and I mean nobody, should be impressed by that

then we just start over with a new QB in '22?

this short-sighted plan makes zero sense after preaching rebuild rebuild rebuild since day 1

7 wins with Haarberg, however, means 10 in '22 is a realistic achievement. '23 potentially a top-10 pre-season team.

instead, we want meaningless wins in '21 which will lead to yet another 7 win expectation in '22

see the forest for the trees, people! this is literally rebuilding 101 type stuff!
I love how everyone was all in on Martinez for HIS freshman year numbers, but now somehow it is virtually impossible for a current freshman to meet those same numbers, and if they had to play it would be disastrous.

Hell, to take it a step further, a 5 or 6 win team with a freshman QB would be more impressive and more heartening than 7 with Martinez in year 4.

Martinez is not a once in a generation player, he is just a dude.

I love how everyone was all in on Martinez for HIS freshman year numbers, but now somehow it is virtually impossible for a current freshman to meet those same numbers, and if they had to play it would be disastrous.

Hell, to take it a step further, a 5 or 6 win team with a freshman QB would be more impressive and more heartening than 7 with Martinez in year 4.

literally every one of his backers points to his frosh year as the #1 reason why

yet, Haarberg isn't ready and his growth will be stunted if he starts?

it makes zero sense. Haarberg, while at a small school, at least played his senior year of HS, which is more than AM can say in terms of 'readiness'.

Riddle me this, how does Martinez even equal 7 wins when he’s never won that many before in a Season?

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT