ADVERTISEMENT

TE Bubak

According to the ASU site, Bubak played in 17 games (apparently mostly on special teams) and had zero receptions while at ASU.

I googled the last name and seen a lot of monsters and creature. Along with this

"In the fields of Czech, a monster lurks in plain sight in disguise as a typical Scarecrow, but as you might guess this is more sinister then any Crow Scarer for this monster is known as the Bubak, a creature who once sees their target, will inch closer and closer and once you hear its sound, that of which of a baby crying, or see its horrid face, well It's already too late, for even though he stands on a pole which is actually a skeletal spine in some accounts, he can hop towards you very quickly and put you in his sack, never to be seen again"

He said ASU rarely threw to the TE. They were used primarily as blockers.

And he decided to come to Nebraska to catch some passes as a tight end in Lincoln?

giphy.gif

And he decided to come to Nebraska to catch some passes as a tight end in Lincoln?

giphy.gif

well being fair here our top TE went for as following...

2019 Jack Stoll 25 rc 234 yards
2018 Jack Stoll 21 rc 245 yards
2017 Tyler Hobbes 34 rc 377 yards

so we do target our TEs. Although i do agree, we could use our TEs more often but we do get the ball to them. It’s not like we avoid them all together.

Reactions: dinglefritz

so we do target our TEs. Although i do agree, we could use our TEs more often but we do get the ball to them. It’s not like we avoid them all together.
And those guys aren’t exactly Travis Kelce and Rob Gronkowski.

Do not forget that 2017 wasn’t Frost’s first year. Hopefully the tight end becomes a significant part of the offense instead of just hearing about it during preseason press conferences...crossing fingers.

It would be nice if one of our tight ends could make it on page 1 of the NCAA catch statistics at the end of the 2020 season.

2019 Statistics

Reactions: huskerssalts
Do not forget that 2017 wasn’t Frost’s first year. Hopefully the tight end becomes a significant part of the offense instead of just hearing about it during preseason press conferences...crossing fingers.

It would be nice if one of our tight ends could make it on page 1 of the NCAA catch statistics at the end of the 2020 season.

2019 Statistics

Stoll just missed that first page, he was only a couple catches away and I remember seeing him drop several passes, had he caught them. We’d had him on that first page. So he was close ;)

Stoll just missed that first page, he was only a couple catches away and I remember seeing him drop several passes, had he caught them. We’d had him on that first page.

We could have had a few more wins last year if we get a few more first downs, run the play clock down while on offense late in the game, when rolling out and no one is in front of you...run for the first down, execute on special teams etc...

2020 is a new year. Winking

Last edited:
We could have had a few more wins last year if we get a few more first downs, run the play clock down while on offense late in the game, when rolling out and no one is in front of you...run for the first down, execute on special teams etc...

2020 is a new year. Winking

no doubt and our Huskers need that 2020 season in a bad way. That 2019 season really screwed a lot of momentum we had going and so on. I’m staying out of the actual game predictions and all that but I have a gut feeling we will see a improved team that SHOULD go 7-5 to 8-4 range. I think having Matt Lubick and that special teams guy from Auburn should help us quite a bit. Fingers crossed.

I’m wondering if he could help at OLB? Just sayin- good frame.

But ramping up competition in TE room or any other room is always welcome.

Quality walk-ons we’ve seen need to push the position battles, raising the bar for what it takes to be a starter whoever it may be.

I’m just making a point, I see few of you guys just ignoring the post where I showed how our top TE faired over the last 3 years. Maybe this will help some, Here’s how some of the Top teams in the country faired with their Top TE compared to us...

Jack Stoll 25 rc 235 yards

Bamas top TE 15 rc 164 yards

Georgia’s top TE 13 rc 194 yards

OU Sooners Top TE 11 rc 168 yards

OSU Buckeyes Top TE 14 142 yards

Oregon Top TE 26 rc 405 yards

Iowa’s top TE 15 rc 188 yards

Wisconsin’s top TE 33 rc 407 yards

Michigans Top TE 25 rc 243 yards

Now I do completely agree, we need to get our TE/s more involved but our Top TE has done better then some of the best teams in the country’s TEs. So we aren’t doing to shabby when that’s considered.

Last edited:
I’m just making a point, I see few of you guys just ignoring the post where I showed how our top TE faired over the last 3 years. Here’s how some of the Top teams in the country faired with their Top TE compared to us...

Jack Stoll 25 rc 235 yards

Bamas top TE 15 rc 164 yards

Georgia’s top TE 13 rc 194 yards

OU Sooners Top TE 11 rc 168 yards

OSU Buckeyes Top TE 14 142 yards

Oregon Top TE 26 rc 405 yards

Iowa’s top TE 15 rc 188 yards

Wisconsin’s top TE 33 rc 407 yards

Now I do completely agree, we need to get our TE/s more involved but our Top TE was done better then some of the best teams in the country’s TEs. So we aren’t doing to shabby when that’s considered.

Nice statistical work by you!!

I will definitely take the reception numbers by the players mentioned above if Nebraska can get in the range of the number of wins by those teams. Winking

giphy.gif

I will definitely take the reception numbers by the players mentioned above if Nebraska can get in the range of the number of wins by those teams. Winking

giphy.gif

Oh come on now, Now you are cheating. ;) I was just making a comparison and showing how our TE/s haven’t been that far off is all. But alls good my man, we both agree our TEs do need more involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: TFrazier

I think that is a definite knock on Martinez.. Too many times he tries to force the ball into Speilman or Wandale when the TE is wide open for a 8-12 yard gain. That is my biggest concern about him is that he doesn't see the whole field. Is that just my perception or are the coaches telling him not to dump it off to them?

I think that is a definite knock on Martinez.. Too many times he tries to force the ball into Speilman or Wandale when the TE is wide open for a 8-12 yard gain. That is my biggest concern about him is that he doesn't see the whole field. Is that just my perception or are the coaches telling him not to dump it off to them?

I’d have to agree. Outside plays designed for Wandale Robinson or JD, I’d have to assume Frost wouldn’t have any issues having the ball thrown to Jack, Austin or Kurt. Adrain has to get better looking towards the TEs because your right, there has been countless times the TE is wide open and Adrain doesn’t see him. And who knows about Luke or Logan, they may very well be much better finding their TEs then Adrain.

Reactions: TFrazier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT