ADVERTISEMENT

Taylor McDaniel is Nebraska football’s newest director of recruiting

Not exactly a wealth of experience .

Graduated from college in 2020

Resume: Director of on-campus recruiting for one year at Tennessee. Held the same position for 4 months at K state.

N3URkx.gif

Not exactly a wealth of experience .

Graduated from college in 2020

Resume: Director of on-campus recruiting for one year at Tennessee. Held the same position for 4 months at K state.
You do realize all she does is line up tie recruiting trips to campus, the coaches still do the work.

Will she be also assigned the role of “Get Back Gal” that keeps HCSF from getting one of those crushing 15 yard sideline penalties or are they picking up someone in the Transfer Portal for that too ?? ;>|

Reactions: red runner
So what is the organization for recruiting? Who reports to who and what differences in responsibilities do each of the recruiting people have?

Although the title sounds nice. She basically just schedules the recruits itineraries when they visit. You need someone organized who can schedule things and have a good positive vibrant voice when chatting with recruits on the phone. This job probably only pays $50k. I'm sure she can handle that.

I’m certain whoever is in charge of making this decision is way more informed than anyone on here so I’ll go ahead and trust their decision.
Is that like reverse Dunning Krueger logic?

What about Husker Football's recent track record gives you confidence in this decision?

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
She took an interesting career path, from biology to sports admin.
She must enjoy it. Being a biology major it is safe to say she is smart as that is a tough major. I imagine that organizational skills and a little creativity are key in this job. Welcome to Nebraska.

I don't think this was Frost's decision
Fair enough. Can we agree that there has been underperformance in Husker Athletics, especially in football? Do you think that underperformance is only on the coaches?

Although the title sounds nice. She basically just schedules the recruits itineraries when they visit. You need someone organized who can schedule things and have a good positive vibrant voice when chatting with recruits on the phone. This job probably only pays $50k. I'm sure she can handle that.
So for those who like to guess what others do, here is a piece that gives a better description.

"McDaniel’s role, according to Guinta’s description in April, is to “get the consistent message and story out” about Nebraska football, “whether that be the process of what we do on visits, the places that we go and the mechanics of recruiting.” The director of recruiting works with NU’s marketing and social media staff to create the best experience possible."

Formerly of K-State?
K state has some hilarious social media stuff where players in full uniform are in campus doing various things like random press coverage with random students and a holder allowing them to kick. Get it that it’s not her setting that up but popped in my head as something cool they’ve done

You all follow college football and don't understand what her job would be? Here is a hint, it's not watching film of high school recruits.
In my day, the job of this particular person was to recruit enough A-Phis to show prospective recrutis <ahem> a "good time"

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT