ADVERTISEMENT

Taylor Martinez recruitment

NebChicago

Senior
Oct 14, 2009
Just curious if anyone has any good details on how Tmart was recruited? Who else were after him? If he was more sought after as a WR or DB? I have forgotten all the details

20223316.jpg

I remember going to Seattle to watch the UW game. We were like, wow maybe we’re really good. Also Sarkisians staff (Holt was DC) were total meathead dipshits from what we could hear from the sidelines

TMart was a 5.7 3*, Safety was plan A, but he wanted to play QB.
Trey Lantz only had power 5 B!G offers on defense. So much for offer lists mattering. It would be nice for NU to recruit a QB and have exceed our wildest dreams like this kid has NDSU's. You know they were telling him he could play QB while in the back of their mind thinking "he'll switch to safety or linebacker when he gets beat out at QB."

2 things I I will say bout this video. First I don't care how up and down or how polarizing fans felt bout T-Mart...we have NOT had a QB as good as him in his prime since he left!

Second......damn I miss blowing quality teams out by the 3rd quarter!!

Nowadays I'm sitting in the house sweating it out in the 4th quarter against South Alabama and Roast Beef State......smh.

2 things I I will say bout this video. First I don't care how up and down or how polarizing fans felt bout T-Mart...we have NOT had a QB as good as him in his prime since he left!

Nowadays I'm sitting in the house sweating it out in the 4th quarter against South Alabama and Roast Beef State......smh.
Good ole Arby's U

Good ole Arby's U

To hell with all of you who don't respect Roast Beef State. We have a quality program, always fight and keep games interesting until the end. You don't see @jlb321 trolling on our board.

As a fan of Roast Beef State, when we keep the game close until the end, we call that giving the opponent The Meat Sweats. Fear the Beef!

Just curious if anyone has any good details on how Tmart was recruited? Who else were after him? If he was more sought after as a WR or DB? I have forgotten all the details
Bo busted out on true QBs and payed a fast WB to gift wrap him a contract extension.

Reactions: mrkatz
Kyler Reed may have been the best athlete we have ever had at Nebraska.
He was a pretty good Tight End, sure, but...... C’MON MAN! The best athlete ever at Nebraska? Kyler reed? What the heck. He didn’t even start half the time because we brought Cotton in to block! He wasn’t even the best athlete on his team!

Reactions: bshirt73
T Mart has been the best NU QB since Crouch. His freshman year had great moments and he carried the team his junior year. He competed and played through a lot of injuries.

I think Carl recruited him didn't he, maybe took him to the gentlemans club lol.
Just think if Rex would have stayed healthy for Tmart’s junior year. Ameer filled in great but Rex was itching to have a huge season. Got hurt on a long TD run the first drive of the first game and was banged up most of the year in and out of the lineup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT