ADVERTISEMENT

Targeting all day

What in the hell are you talking about? A bullshit targeting call is not the result of some sound bite from three years ago.
there is a connection there..

I agree the targeting should not have been called, however, they are going to call that stuff all day, and it is related to the scheme and what is being taught.

That is not some sound byte.. it's a mantra the coach uses daily.

the defense is taught to go for turnovers.. not tackles.. so they go for the hit.. you saw it get called 3 times today, and we got 1 turnover, but was it worth it?

I hope the league will at least overturn the suspension, but I’m not going to hold my breath.
it's a left leaning league.. they are going to err on the side of protecting the player, even to a fault.

Got away with a few kill shots before getting busted twice. klatt can hate it all he wants but you know by now refs will call that all day.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. You're down to BOTH backup safeties next week because you're launching at WRs with your head down and hands tucked all day long.
Absolutely right. Those ARE the rules. Plays called correctly. Teach and instruct your team to play within the rules. I don’t recall OSU having any targeting situations...right?

Reactions: TheBeav815
Absolutely right. Those ARE the rules. Plays called correctly. Teach and instruct your team to play within the rules. I don’t recall OSU having any targeting situations...right?
Would have had to attempt to complete a pass to a WR to know.

They were not called correctly and everyone saw it. Announcers, Urban Meyer, everyone. And no, the B1G officials did not choose to call targeting OSU once today.

I think guys should be able to hit nasty, I'm in the "is it still football or not" camp. But my opinion doesn't stop the flags from coming out and our dudes from being out of the game, and Joel Klatt's and Mike Pereira's don't either.

We've seen by now for multiple years that refs are going to err on the side of throw the flag first and let replay sort it out. You can't put your fate in the refs' hands and expect good things to happen.

If your safeties are trying to crush people and not bringing their arms at all, they're gonna get thrown out, that's just how the game is today. I don't like it, but I would know enough to tell my guys they're asking to get ejected.

And let's not forget Fields just slipping inside an attempted shot like that and spinning into the end zone. You whiff a lot of tackles trying to "woo hit" dudes every time. Hitting with your head down and zero arms is a recipe for disaster.

I think guys should be able to hit nasty, I'm in the "is it still football or not" camp. But my opinion doesn't stop the flags from coming out and our dudes from being out of the game, and Joel Klatt's and Mike Pereira's don't either.

We've seen by now for multiple years that refs are going to err on the side of throw the flag first and let replay sort it out. You can't put your fate in the refs' hands and expect good things to happen.

If your safeties are trying to crush people and not bringing their arms at all, they're gonna get thrown out, that's just how the game is today. I don't like it, but I would know enough to tell my guys they're asking to get ejected.

And let's not forget Fields just slipping inside an attempted shot like that and spinning into the end zone. You whiff a lot of tackles trying to "woo hit" dudes every time. Hitting with your head down and zero arms is a recipe for disaster.
I wony hit ignore like you do just because we dont agree. Pussy

I wony hit ignore like you do just because we dont agree. Pussy
TEQ.jpeg

Reactions: leodisflowers

Better said than your first post.

That's the problem in the first place. There should never be a penalty called unless you know it's actually a penalty. And according to theBeav, you're supposed to tackle with your arms... You should start a defensive tackling camp. With your brilliant technique and teaching ability, I'm sure you would be very successful. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
That's the problem in the first place. There should never be a penalty called unless you know it's actually a penalty. And according to theBeav, you're supposed to tackle with your arms... You should start a defensive tackling camp. With your brilliant technique and teaching ability, I'm sure you would be very successful. ;)
The arms are used to wrap up the ball carrier. Think back to when you played, assuming you did. You weren't taught to only use head and shoulder pads, with your head down.

I am all for there being 2 kinds of targeting, like there used to be with face-masking. I have rarely seen someone get called for targeting when they actually attempt to wrap up the ball carrier.

Last edited:
The arms are used to wrap up the ball carrier. Think back to when you played, assuming you did. You weren't taught to only use head and shoulder pads, with your head down.

I am all for there being 2 kinds of targeting, like there used to be with face-masking. I have rarely seen someone get called for targeting when they actually attempt to wrap up the ball carrier.
So you're supposed to let him catch the ball and run by you, and only then can you attempt to wrap him up? By that point, it's already a touchdown.

it's a left leaning league.. they are going to err on the side of protecting the player, even to a fault.
They were the right calls as per the rules. Disagreeing with the rules are one thing but the ref called the plays correctly as per the rules currently in place.

So you're supposed to let him catch the ball and run by you, and only then can you attempt to wrap him up? By that point, it's already a touchdown.
On OSU QB one of our players did that. Tried to lay a big hit rather than wrapping up. Ole’!

Reactions: TheBeav815

Me too. But there are not two kinds of targeting right now so Neb has to be disciplined and play within the rules currently in place.

Reactions: huskernation1973
So, you seem to think the only way to tackle or break up a pass is to lead with the head, shoulder, or forearm to a location on the upper 1/3 of the body, without using your arms to wrap up the ball carrier? That's funny, because I see people get tackled all the time by a defender utilizing other methods besides what you seem to think is the only way.

When I say to wrap up the ball carrier, I don't mean tippy toe up to the guy and hug him; and you damn well know that.

Like it or not, if a defender leads with their own head, shoulder, or forearm to an offensive player's head or neck area, it's gonna get called.

**** off beav, youre a cock. Seriously the worst poster here, worse than jib. Take your pussy ass liberalism elsewhere, and go watch flag football.
Very rich comment, since A) most of the black football players you see on Saturdays and Sundays are likely voting for Biden, and B) all of them I am sure could kick your ass pretty easily.

Reactions: phoenix4nu
So, you seem to think the only way to tackle or break up a pass is to lead with the head, shoulder, or forearm to a location on the upper 1/3 of the body, without using your arms to wrap up the ball carrier? That's funny, because I see people get tackled all the time by a defender utilizing other methods besides what you seem to think is the only way.

When I say to wrap up the ball carrier, I don't mean tippy toe up to the guy and hug him; and you damn well know that.

Like it or not, if a defender leads with their own head, shoulder, or forearm to an offensive player's head or neck area, it's gonna get called.
You say it like it’s cut and dry, but I didn’t see anyone getting tossed for a hit like Williams yesterday, except him. OSU had a blatant helmet to helmet on the sideline that wasn’t called and I saw this hits like Williams all over CFB yesterday that weren’t called, it was a blown call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT