ADVERTISEMENT

Tanner Lee transferring to N

Believe he would for both but we will have room by the time he starts next fall for sure.

I work down in Louisiana at a University now and my boss thinks he would be a solid get for Nebraska and I will take his word for it!

The more QB competition the better in my book

I think it is a very good pickup for us. He's got a lot of experience at the college level, and now he will be on a better team with better talent.

Next season, he will be a good scout team QB then available after TA is gone.

I think it is a very good pickup for us. He's got a lot of experience at the college level, and now he will be on a better team with better talent.

Next season, he will be a good scout team QB then available after TA is gone.
Totally agree. It'll be great for competition in 2017.

This is a great pickup. Not flashy but fills a gaping roster hole. We have zero pro style QBs in the system with any playing experience. This is similar to Michigan picking up Ruddock which bailed them out in a huge way last year. They had zero other viable QBs without him.

There are no gaurantees with POB and darlington isn't going to play. I'm blanking on his name .... did our other QB who was a swing and miss transfer yet?

This is a great pickup. Not flashy but fills a gaping roster hole. We have zero pro style QBs in the system with any playing experience. This is similar to Michigan picking up Ruddock which bailed them out in a huge way last year. They had zero other viable QBs without him.

There are no gaurantees with POB and darlington isn't going to play. I'm blanking on his name .... did our other QB who was a swing and miss transfer yet?
Bush?

If not a position switch would be needed.
While it's great that we are picking up additional talent, it's very frustrating to see so many of our fans writing off and dissing our current young talent. Darlington and Bush were both just Freshmen. Neither may ever amount to much OR either could be the next Joe Ganz while we're talking about the next Harrison Beck, Brian Hildebrand, or Jordan Adams.

I'm also surprised at how many are only open to pocket passing qbs in our pro style systems. Today's modern prostyle offenses have evolved and thrived with qb's like Russell Wilson, Tyrod Taylor, Alex Smith, Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota, etc.... It is certainly possible that both our Freshmen can eventually make a difference here under center. Way too early to give up on these guys!

Reactions: huskerfan1414
While it's great that we are picking up additional talent, it's very frustrating to see so many of our fans writing off and dissing our current young talent. Darlington and Bush were both just Freshmen. Neither may ever amount to much OR either could be the next Joe Ganz while we're talking about the next Harrison Beck, Brian Hildebrand, or Jordan Adams.

I'm also surprised at how many are only open to pocket passing qbs in our pro style systems. Today's modern prostyle offenses have evolved and thrived with qb's like Russell Wilson, Tyrod Taylor, Alex Smith, Cam Newton, Marcus Mariota, etc.... It is certainly possible that both our Freshmen can eventually make a difference here under center. Way too early to give up on these guys!
Where in this thread did anyone bag on Bush or Darlington?

Bush hasn't left
Exactly. And he just finished his freshman year, no telling what this kid can be in the future. He still has 3 solid years to improve. And hopefully Riley adapts his game too incorporate more of a mobile QB too. This isn't 1988 any more. Mobile QB doesn't mean a guy can't be a drop back passer too. You can have both skills now of days. I don't understand some fans just giving up on the 2 freshmen for a kid with 23 picks in 2 seasons. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy we have Lee. Any contribution to the team he makes will be a bonus. I'm just not giving up on Bush or Darlington.

Where in this thread did anyone bag on Bush or Darlington?
Read the quotes!

"Darlington isn't going to play. I'm blanking on his name .... did our other QB who was a swing and a miss transfer yet?"

I also quoted you and while you may be trying to be informative, Bush is still a part of the program right now.

My main point is don't write off our young guys. There's still plenty of time for them to show us something even in this system.

I think most would like a QB like those you mentioned. Only thing is, most of those that you mentioned can pass the ball accurately, can read defenses, and make sound decisions in the passing game more times than not.

We just don't know yet whether the QBs on our roster can do those 3 things consistently and a good pro-style QB is expected to be a better passer than most dual-threat QBs.

I think most are just tired of a QB that isn't consistently accurate, doesn't read defenses and adjust well, and forces throws that should not even be attempted.

Give us a QB that can do that and it would make most happy because of the weapons at the other skill positions that the QB hasn't been able to consistently get the ball to for the last however many years.

Exactly. And he just finished his freshman year, no telling what this kid can be in the future. He still has 3 solid years to improve. And hopefully Riley adapts his game too incorporate more of a mobile QB too. This isn't 1988 any more. Mobile QB doesn't mean a guy can't be a drop back passer too. You can have both skills now of days. I don't understand some fans just giving up on the 2 freshmen for a kid with 23 picks in 2 seasons. Don't get me wrong. I'm happy we have Lee. Any contribution to the team he makes will be a bonus. I'm just not giving up on Bush or Darlington.
Agree. Darlington looked darn good in the Spring Game and Bush had flashes, but appeared to be very nervous. Either one could emerge, which is why players compete in practice.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_31_at_1_41_49_PM.png

nice game against UCF

Reactions: GretnaShawn
ADVERTISEMENT