ADVERTISEMENT

Tanner Farmer wrestling again

I thought he'd hang around some NFL practice squad for a little longer, and hopefully get a shot somewhere. Best of luck to him.

https://www.1011now.com/content/news/Former-Husker-moves-to-Concordia-wrestling-566830291.html
I'm very surprised with the premium on the ability to snap the ball that he didn't as well. He may not have the want to for football any longer. It's a tremendous grind. I would have loved for my Vikes to sign him to their practice squad. Amazingly their O line has stayed pretty healthy this year.

Interesting. So the 5 year window doesn’t apply since he is moving down to the NAIA level?

Yes and no..... The NAIA does it slightly different. It's not a 5 year clock, it is a 10 semester and 4 season clock. It could take someone 10 years to graduate because of gap years, pregnancies, military, surfing.... But as long as they haven't played four seasons of the same sport they are eligible.

He sums it up best by saying he used 9 out of his 10 semesters. But he couldn't have waited until this fall and played FB for concordia...... He couldn't even have wrestled both semesters this season. The rules are similar but different: https://www.naia.org/legislative/2017-18/releases/20170925n8lji

Last edited:
next stop: WWE

Hacksaw_Jim_Duggan_bio.png

is farmer or that polar bear guy on an olympic wrestling level?
Nash Hutmacher could probably wrestle at an international level. He would need to work a tremendous amount on technique IMO. Physically he's there. Wrestling at the AAU and international level is extremely technical and requires tremendous conditioning and endurance. There is probably no more physically grueling 15-20 minutes of any sport as what a wrestling match can be.

Tanner just won the Hastings tournament by beating University of Nebraska's David Jensen 8-5 in the finals.
That's impressive. I can't imagine being an NAIA wrestler being forced to face him. I believe there's quite a few collegiate wrestling tourneys that are open to individual all comers. I wonder if he has longer term goals in mind.

Reactions: blfarmer73
Nash Hutmacher could probably wrestle at an international level. He would need to work a tremendous amount on technique IMO. Physically he's there. Wrestling at the AAU and international level is extremely technical and requires tremendous conditioning and endurance. There is probably no more physically grueling 15-20 minutes of any sport as what a wrestling match can be.
I agree, I used to wrestle at westside wrestling club in omaha, I was ok, but a lot of people I knew from there went on to wrestle around the world. I was just wondering cause of the Husker who beat the unbeatable russian.

Reactions: dinglefritz
That's impressive. I can't imagine being an NAIA wrestler being forced to face him. I believe there's quite a few collegiate wrestling tourneys that are open to individual all comers. I wonder if he has longer term goals in mind.
I think he is only focused on wrestling this year and hopes to win a national championship in March. I know that he would love a chance in the NFL and has aspirations to be a grad asst coach for the Huskers.

ADVERTISEMENT