ADVERTISEMENT

Talk about being cornflicted........

No, some fans will not be able to handle all of that. I am hoping that we can win at least one more game. Win it all? Of course who wouldnt want it for the team. But I think the last two weeks are setting up some good things to happen for all involved. Including Miles. I think I read that even though JT wants to get a GA position with the hopes to coach....he actually has one year of eligibility left. Hummm.....maybe he will end up some where as a grad transfer. Miles new team?

.... this is a pretty amazing story.... three great players, 3 role players... and they win... feel like this should be happier...

Happy for the kids.... happy for Miles...
Happy for the kids still playing. But seriously, robey has been brow beaten. Copeland might have been the poison because watson and jpj picked-up their game.

Happy for the kids still playing. But seriously, robey has been brow beaten. Copeland might have been the poison because watson and jpj picked-up their game.
Yes after beating the last-place team in the Big East at home, it seems entirely fair to speculate that Copeland was a bad teammate and NU is better without him. Good Lord.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Yes after beating the last-place team in the Big East at home, it seems entirely fair to speculate that Copeland was a bad teammate and NU is better without him. Good Lord.
Agreed. People can’t fathom how the team looked so bad and now is playing competitively. The reality is that the mental game is real and for whatever reason, this team failed to play with urgency outside of a few games, namely Creighton and frankly Mich State (even in a loss). Outside of that, their talent simply won a lot of early games. Then they lost Copeland and the team failed to show effort.

This will definitely go down as a missed opportunity, but I’m glad they are going out with a fight. It will definitely help the legacy and memory for these players.

Miles couldn’t figure out how to play his talent once the BIG season started. The early losses against Minny, Maryland, and Rutgers were evidence. It appeared he couldn’t handle or manage all the egos. Which led to the team’s downfall...

Agreed. People can’t fathom how the team looked so bad and now is playing competitively. The reality is that the mental game is real and for whatever reason, this team failed to play with urgency outside of a few games, namely Creighton and frankly Mich State (even in a loss). Outside of that, their talent simply won a lot of early games. Then they lost Copeland and the team failed to show effort.

This will definitely go down as a missed opportunity, but I’m glad they are going out with a fight. It will definitely help the legacy and memory for these players.
Agree with you, although NU also played very well at Clemson and Indiana, which were very solid wins. They also destroyed Oklahoma State, which is not very good this year but would give Butler a good game. It’s possible to be happy for the players left standing without dragging the injured players through the mud.

Cope was not poison. He was the glue. Roby has gotten nothing but encouragement THIS year. Palmer had a serious family issue that obviously affected him. Watson was bad for the middle part of the season but NOW the pressure's off. There's no expectations now and they're just going out and having fun playing. It's fun to watch. The problem for Miles is that he couldn't massage the minds of these guys during January and February to make them play like this.

Cope was not poison. He was the glue. Roby has gotten nothing but encouragement THIS year. Palmer had a serious family issue that obviously affected him. Watson was bad for the middle part of the season but NOW the pressure's off. There's no expectations now and they're just going out and having fun playing. It's fun to watch. The problem for Miles is that he couldn't massage the minds of these guys during January and February to make them play like this.

Agree, Copeland being the poison is way out in left field...I would go as far too say they Palmer was the cancer played more minutes than anyone and missed all kind of drives..

Reactions: huskerfan66
.... this is a pretty amazing story.... three great players, 3 role players... and they win... feel like this should be happier...

Happy for the kids.... happy for Miles...

Roby could be a sleeper stretch 4 in the NBA, he's really, really talented. Will depend on his ability to consistently hit 3's.

Palmer is a descent college player, takes it to the rack strong, solid body. I don't see a ton of upside in the Pros, but a damn good college basketball player.

Everyone else on the team is average (Watson) to trash (all else).

I don't see what everyone is worried about if Miles leaves, all his best guys are leaving with him (graduation).

Now, if he can go out and get another Roby and Palmer, etc, then he might be worth it. Miles is only as good as his recruiting. Otherwise, he sucks.

Copeland and this lineup are as good as it gets, IMO. Too bad they couldn't put it together for tourney run. Sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT