ADVERTISEMENT

Talent level Big 10 West

Iowa ended well overall and got most of their main targets. Neb won the Heinrich battle which sucks for us since I think he is going to be a hell of a player. We ended with flipping a KSU LB that looks solid to lessen the pain.

The weirdest story of our recruiting day was a kid named Logan Wolf. He is from Cedar Falls and had been committed to UNI for a while as a WR. Big kid that you could see throwing another 25-30 lbs on and being unstoppable at TE. Iowa made a late push on him and offered very late. I guess the kid was very conflicted and in the end stuck with UNI. Big win for them but the kid looked pissed off at signing day and almost depressed so we will see how it all works out.
He wasn't ready to give up on J's Homestyle Cooking, I guess.

When it comes to @herkiesrevenge

I sometimes feel like I am watching a person, sitting alone on a park bench, just spouting stuff. No one is really listening or paying attention, they just walk by and see him, think poor dude, then go about their business.
So true. He has been banned on the Iowa boards numerous times. The fact that some people on here are still having back and forths with him is weird.

Reactions: nebcountry
Iowa wanted Hickman too and don’t deny that Iowa wanted Max Duggan from Council Tucky the top player in Iowa this year..

No you are right but but of those felt like odd fits. Duggan is a super talented kid that most schools would have taken but really didnt fit with our offense. He will have a better chance to really shine at TCU imo. Hickman again, great player but they already had Lee locked up so most people didnt see it as a huge loss like Henrich was. Just my opinion. I think they will both do well at Neb.

Iowa ended well overall and got most of their main targets. Neb won the Heinrich battle which sucks for us since I think he is going to be a hell of a player. We ended with flipping a KSU LB that looks solid to lessen the pain.

The weirdest story of our recruiting day was a kid named Logan Wolf. He is from Cedar Falls and had been committed to UNI for a while as a WR. Big kid that you could see throwing another 25-30 lbs on and being unstoppable at TE. Iowa made a late push on him and offered very late. I guess the kid was very conflicted and in the end stuck with UNI. Big win for them but the kid looked pissed off at signing day and almost depressed so we will see how it all works out.
the coaches may have lost Heinrich. but they did get US Army AA Jacobs out of Ohio that OSU tried to flip. Wolf is a 2* player. he also wanted to play BB and FB and that played a major factor in him sticking with UNI that and the fact he grew up within 20 minutes of UNI. was a huge UNI fan.

Of course they are.
these are 4* players by 247 with their Rivals rating
OL Miller 4* but just a 5.6 3* by Rivals
OL Endres 4* but just a 5.6 3* by Rivals
LB Jacobs 4* but just a 3* by Rivals US Army AA who OSU just tried to flip
TE Lee 4* but just a 3* by Rivals
QB Padilla is just a 5.5 3* by Rivals Georgia just tried to flip him
RB Goodson is just a 3* who hairball made a in home visit with last Thursday night and offered that night to get him to flip.
the last RB that Hairball came in at the last minute and got to flip a week before signing day was Higdon their top RB the last 2 seasons.
RB Byrd out of Alabama who just led his team to the state Championship. is just a 5.5 3*.

yeah there are several recruits that are grossly under rated.

So true. He has been banned on the Iowa boards numerous times. The fact that some people on here are still having back and forths with him is weird.
on HR I was banned then the rest the ban msg was PREVIOUSLY BANNED. that is why I was banned multiple times. one thing that I learned is if you support the players and coaches, you are not wanted on there. its all about trashing the coaches and players of both the BB and FB programs
the biggest thing about recruiting they are/will not be happy till the coaches land 5* recruits has nothing else will please them.
sad part is Iowa is not those type of players dream destination. why they don't get higher rated player at the OL, TE, DL, LB and DB positions since Iowa has a very good track record under KF at putting these type of players into the NFL.

or maybe they are but the player they are getting are under rated.

Iowa needs to get some WR's to had to stretching the Field to stop teams from selling out to stop the run.

Iowa wanted Hickman too and don’t deny that Iowa wanted Max Duggan from Council Tucky the top player in Iowa this year..
yes they wanted Hickman but they got 3 other TE's that they like as for Duggin some thought that Nebraska would get him being in Nebraska's backyard and CB is a Nebraska fan based center.

you have to figure in where a kid is located and what style he wants to play in
Duggin spread offense
Iowa Pro style too vastly different styles

like it or not TCU = Spread offense
Iowa Pro Style
which would you choose?
QB Padilla out of Colorado is a better fit for Iowa system.

yes they wanted Hickman but they got 3 other TE's that they like as for Duggin some thought that Nebraska would get him being in Nebraska's backyard and CB is a Nebraska fan based center.

Duggin spread offense

Iowa Pro Style
which would you choose?

Iowa had 5 All-B1G players, correct? Where is the disconnect, from play on the field? A team like that should have won ten games.

Reactions: Hot.Carl
these are 4* players by 247 with their Rivals rating
OL Miller 4* but just a 5.6 3* by Rivals
OL Endres 4* but just a 5.6 3* by Rivals
LB Jacobs 4* but just a 3* by Rivals US Army AA who OSU just tried to flip
TE Lee 4* but just a 3* by Rivals
QB Padilla is just a 5.5 3* by Rivals Georgia just tried to flip him
RB Goodson is just a 3* who hairball made a in home visit with last Thursday night and offered that night to get him to flip.
the last RB that Hairball came in at the last minute and got to flip a week before signing day was Higdon their top RB the last 2 seasons.
RB Byrd out of Alabama who just led his team to the state Championship. is just a 5.5 3*.

yeah there are several recruits that are grossly under rated.

Yawn... bunch of guys Iowa had to beat out Marshall for.

Duggin spread offense

Iowa Pro Style
which would you choose?

How many grams of Adderall have you snorted throughout the course of this thread?

Ironically if Riley was still at Nebraska, he might have played a part in keeping Mertz from UW. Thanks Frost!

Iowa had 5 All-B1G players, correct? Where is the disconnect, from play on the field? A team like that should have won ten games.

Agree, as a Northwestern fan I thought Iowa overall had the best talent in the division this year (in what admittedly wasn't a great year for the division). They lost the Wisconsin game late, their QB looked as if he were asleep against Penn State (missed a tight end that was open by 20 yards and threw a craptastic interception at the PSU goal line), and they hardly threw to Fant the whole game against Northwestern. Iowa under Ferentz has a reputation for overachieving, but they probably underachieved this season.

Reactions: red scowl and 9and4
You will rue the day your spread offense allowed the best QB in B1G West history to drive through Nebraska unrecruited.

Maybe he should take a snap under center in Madison before comparing him to 2AM after all one has proven himself how good he will be..

Reactions: SOHusker11
Agree, as a Northwestern fan I thought Iowa overall had the best talent in the division this year (in what admittedly wasn't a great year for the division). They lost the Wisconsin game late, their QB looked as if he were asleep against Penn State (missed a tight end that was open by 20 yards and threw a craptastic interception at the PSU goal line), and they hardly threw to Fant the whole game against Northwestern. Iowa under Ferentz has a reputation for overachieving, but they probably underachieved this season.
how did you figure that?
1st lost a pair of 1st Team AA's on defense
2nd they lost 3 3 year starters at the LB positions the biggest was MLB Jewell a 1st Team AA
3rd they lost a 3 year starting DT
that's just on defense
on Offense they lost these
4 year starter WR Vandenberg
2 year 4* C Daniels who left after his JR year
2 year Starter RB Wadley who had back to back 1000 yard rushing seasons, the 1st to do that since Russell did it 2002 and 2003.
3 year starter at RG Welsh
to be continued.

these were the new players
RB RSSO Young no prior starting experience
RB Kelly-Martin no prior starting experience
RB JUCO Sargeant didn't arrive on campus till June
WR SO Smith-Marsette
WR SO Brandon Smith
previous starters
JR TE Fant
RSSO TE Hockenson
JR QB Stanley
RSSO LT Jackson
SO RT Wirfs
JR WR Easley a JUCO Walk on.

with that many young starters being 1st year starters. I have no clue how anyone would come to the conclusion that this was a team that should have been a 10 win team.
they lost to these
Home Wisconsin the preseason predicted to win the BT West and a top 10 team
@ PSU top 10 team predicted to contend in the BT East.
@ NW who won the BT West Division Title
@ Purdue who beat Iowa in Kinnick last season

they all had two things in common
1st they all beat Iowa last season
2nd the QB's are/were all SR's

maybe its time to give other teams the credit they are due when they win.

these were the new players
RB RSSO Young no prior starting experience
RB Kelly-Martin no prior starting experience
RB JUCO Sargeant didn't arrive on campus till June
WR SO Smith-Marsette
WR SO Brandon Smith
previous starters
JR TE Fant
RSSO TE Hockenson
JR QB Stanley
RSSO LT Jackson
SO RT Wirfs
JR WR Easley a JUCO Walk on.

with that many young starters being 1st year starters. I have no clue how anyone would come to the conclusion that this was a team that should have been a 10 win team.
they lost to these
Home Wisconsin the preseason predicted to win the BT West and a top 10 team
@ PSU top 10 team predicted to contend in the BT East.
@ NW who won the BT West Division Title
@ Purdue who beat Iowa in Kinnick last season

they all had two things in common
1st they all beat Iowa last season
2nd the QB's are/were all SR's

maybe its time to give other teams the credit they are due when they win.
Do you follow these guys on twitter, or better yet, do you know their addresses and phone numbers?

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Do you follow these guys on twitter, or better yet, do you know their addresses and phone numbers?
don't need to as they are Hawkeye players and it is to read the depth chart as it is posted before each game.

all you need to do is read. I suppose you know nothing about the starters on the Nebraska team? nor do you follow recruiting?

again is the title of this thread not. talent level in the BT West? and does it mean every team in the West and not just the talent for Nebraska?

how did you figure that?
1st lost a pair of 1st Team AA's on defense
2nd they lost 3 3 year starters at the LB positions the biggest was MLB Jewell a 1st Team AA
3rd they lost a 3 year starting DT
that's just on defense
on Offense they lost these
4 year starter WR Vandenberg
2 year 4* C Daniels who left after his JR year
2 year Starter RB Wadley who had back to back 1000 yard rushing seasons, the 1st to do that since Russell did it 2002 and 2003.
3 year starter at RG Welsh
to be continued.

Wah. Wah. Northwestern played with its fourth and fifth corners most of the second half of the season (and unfortunately for the second half of the B1G title game), then got a couple of safeties injured. Our QB was on a play count at the beginning of the season. Two key injuries on the OL early in the season. Hall, arguably our best LB, was playing part-time much of the year (and won't be playing in the bowl game). Our top RB, Larkin, had to retire from football with an injury after three games and his backups got hurt, leaving us with a walk-on and a true freshman (who fortunately turned out to be good) so we had virtually no running game for three games. I don't care who was playing for Iowa. You had Penn State beat if your veteran QB a) hits a TE who was running free behind the PSU secondary or b) calls a TO instead of throwing the ball directly to the Penn State safety from the frickin' 3-yard line. You lose a 14-10 game to Northwestern where you basically ignore one of your best receivers against a depleted Northwestern secondary. Sorry, but you had a great shot at winning the division and blew it. Give it up and try again next year. And now I suggest you quit boring the good Nebraska folks with non-Nebraska stuff, and I'll do the same.

don't need to as they are Hawkeye players and it is to read the depth chart as it is posted before each game.

all you need to do is read. I suppose you know nothing about the starters on the Nebraska team? nor do you follow recruiting?
It sounds like you are a little bit more than obsessed with some young men. Recording their age, stats and sexual preference

Wah. Wah. Northwestern played with its fourth and fifth corners most of the second half of the season (and unfortunately for the second half of the B1G title game), then got a couple of safeties injured. Our QB was on a play count at the beginning of the season. Two key injuries on the OL early in the season. Hall, arguably our best LB, was playing part-time much of the year (and won't be playing in the bowl game). Our top RB, Larkin, had to retire from football with an injury after three games and his backups got hurt, leaving us with a walk-on and a true freshman (who fortunately turned out to be good) so we had virtually no running game for three games. I don't care who was playing for Iowa. You had Penn State beat if your veteran QB a) hits a TE who was running free behind the PSU secondary or b) calls a TO instead of throwing the ball directly to the Penn State safety from the frickin' 3-yard line. You lose a 14-10 game to Northwestern where you basically ignore one of your best receivers against a depleted Northwestern secondary. Sorry, but you had a great shot at winning the division and blew it. Give it up and try again next year. And now I suggest you quit boring the good Nebraska folks with non-Nebraska stuff, and I'll do the same.
when the topic concerns the BT West Division and not just 1 Team then its fair game to any fan base to chime in. all I have done is shown Iowa recruits and nothing more.
boo hoo Iowa starting CB's were both out for 4 games and they were replaced by a pair of True FR. and who was this best Reciever that Iowa ignored?
here were Iowa's passing stats
23 completions for 314 yards. hmmm ignored is not the word I would use.
but since NW sold out to stop the run and held Iowa to 106 yards on 40 carries. that is why Iowa lost.

its really sad when a NW fan won't even give his own team who won the West Division ANY Credit for winning the games.

if if but but means nothing, close only counts in Horse shoes and Hand grenades with Nuclear weapons not included. its a well known fact a play here or a play there can win or loss in any game.

What a wonderful thread this is. I hope more folks from other boards, especially Iowa, chime in and keep this wonderful discourse flowing.

When the topic concerns big 10 west recruiting on a Nebraska board, we really mean Nebraska recruiting. If we want to know about Iowa recruiting we will go to the Iowa Board.
then why not start the thread off like this
Nebraska recruiting
and don't include the BT West in the topic. adding the or puting BT West in the thread title opens it up to other BT West teams.
Wisconsin just signed the #2 Pro Style QB
NW just got a 5* QB Transfer in from Clemson
Purdue has 1 4* WR signed are expected to sign 4* WR Bell a AA game formerly the US Army AA Game.
Indiana flipped RB 4* Samson from OSU [Although Indiana is in the East]

they are all upgrading the recruits they are signing.

then why not start the thread off like this
Nebraska recruiting
and don't include the BT West in the topic. adding the or puting BT West in the thread title opens it up to other BT West teams.
Wisconsin just signed the #2 Pro Style QB
NW just got a 5* QB Transfer in from Clemson
Purdue has 1 4* WR signed are expected to sign 4* WR Bell a AA game formerly the US Army AA Game.
Indiana flipped RB 4* Samson from OSU [Although Indiana is in the East]

they are all upgrading the recruits they are signing.
we shouldn't have to state the obvious in the title of the thread for the sake of slow Iowa fans

another thought on Purdue
they currently have 5 4* commits that have signed with a class ranking of 27th.
they may move up 1-2 spots in the rankings but Bell will give Purdue 6 4* recruits in the 2019 class compared to the 8 in your class.
Wisconsin has 6 4* recruits in the 19 class and they only have 19 commits and sits in 25th place.

the West teams are all improving the talent they are bringing in the BT West will no longer be a cake walk to the Division Title.

ADVERTISEMENT