ADVERTISEMENT

Talent level Big 10 West

It was a who has a bigger nutsack argument of Martinez, then Mertz, of which team has a higher ranked player. Originally posted by cubsker. Iowa has the highest ranked player of three teams mentioned.

If you want to go there those two were discussing QB’s till you chimed in.looks like you lose again..

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
The only "stat" I listed was 400 yards. And I believe the Iowa defense isn't far off, from what some of Nebraskas defenses were before they were exposed. And Nebraska's defense was horrible.

You have an excellent grasp of the obvious.
You keep your your boy howdy 's and your hand wringing. I'll troll the trolls. Deal?
deal. its nice to converse with people that deal with the topic thread

'Wanted more than anyone on UNL's roster.' As in Epenesa was wanted more than both rosters combined. Good grief are you that dense?

You take the final L in this, per usual, along with 155-72 (4 straight)!

Iowa fans only comment on what fits their narritave.
This^^^^see any post by @kwicasso for proof. Iowa fans are absolutely the worst message board fans around, only know two Iowa fans in person, one is fairly knowledgeable and decent the other is like these message board Iowa fans, just ignorant about college football and couldn’t make a fact based argument if his life depended on it.

Reactions: scarletred
This^^^^see any post by @kwicasso for proof. Iowa fans are absolutely the worst message board fans around, only know two Iowa fans in person, one is fairly knowledgeable and decent the other is like these message board Iowa fans, just ignorant about college football and couldn’t make a fact based argument if his life depended on it.

Lol what is so difficult to comprehend in UW fans post? Tell me? Discussing a highly ranked quarterback & stating he's higher ranked than anyone on UNL's roster. When he included roster, that's when I quipped Epenesa takes the cake for all three teams? If you don't like it, leave it alone instead of arguing semantics & getting all butthurt?
Notice UW fan never remarked because it's a fact, so just left it alone? Try it for size sometime, you might get more credibility.

'Wanted more than anyone on UNL's roster.' As in Epenesa was wanted more than both rosters combined. Good grief are you that dense?

You take the final L in this, per usual, along with 155-72 (4 straight)!

You want too go back to page 2 and your dumb@ss statement about Minnesota..o_O

Beating your chest beating the worse 4 year run in Nebraska history since the 1950’s is not as big of accomplishment like you think it is..o_O

Iowa had the schedule to win the West.. Having buddies that are Herky’s they had high expectations but had to remind them that when Iowa is expected to have a great team they under perform and when you least expect it they have a great season or challenge for the division...
but not the experienced talent to win it. like I posted before they had to replace 3 3 Year starter at the LB'r position 1 1st Team AA CB in JR Jackson and 1 starting DT on defense. before the season most posters on HR were down on the WR's by questioning their ability to make plays. they were questioning just was the staff going to replace Wadley the 1st RB since Russel in the early 2000 to have back to back 1000 + yard rushing season.

Brian who was entering his 2nd season as the OC, sorry but I predicted a 8-4 season and the pundits were predicting seasons of 6-6 to 8-5 at best. the thing that the 4 teams that beat Iowa all had in common is they had SR QB's
PSU McSorley
Wisconsin Hornibrook
Purdue Blough
NW Thorson
when I think about the key losses Iowa had a pretty good season after losing 5 starters to the NFL 2 of them true JR's.

most everybody knows how Kirk and the staff develop players. this years RSSR's were from the 2014 recruiting class that was rated 59th and this outgoing class is being replaced by a class that currently is 32nd at the highest and 47th at the worst. but this class only has 16 commits vs that class that had 22 commits.

Rival does not give Iowa credit for having these has 4* prospects
OT Miller a 6'6 310 lb
OL Endres a 6'6 307 lb
LB Jacobs 6'4 AA Game formerly the US Army AA Game

rate them as 4*'s and they jump up in the Rivals rankings.

so take the rankings with a grain of salt before determining if a team is going to be good or bad.

Legacy to Iowa as well, no surprise. Iowa gets a decent recruit every now and then in spite of 40 years of mediocrity.
legacy recruits mean nothing as 4* DB Pryor chose OSU over Iowa
LB recruit Hinrich committed to Nebraska and his father played Tennis and Graduated from Iowa, in a interview his decision came down to Alabama and Iowa. so him choosing Iowa was a big victory. getting a AA Game player out of Ohio is a big deal. getting these in the 2017 class
Indiana POY Tracey
Illinois POY ATH Evans
Georgia Defensive POY McDonald
were all big gets and they all RS'd Evans and McDonalds because of preseason injuries.

*pulls out tape measure*
Espenesa seems to be lacking a UGA and Clemson offer. Two teams that wanted Graham HeisMertz. *puts tape measure away*

They each have three offers from this years CFP, one missing Oklahoma, the other Clemson. Tiebreaker is 6.1 5* - 5.9 4*. Sorry, pal.

*pulls out tape measure*
Espenesa seems to be lacking a UGA and Clemson offer. Two teams that wanted Graham HeisMertz. *puts tape measure away*
Alabama offer > than Georgia or Clemson
remind me again how many National Championship do Georgia and Clemson combined vs Alabama?

Alabama offer > than Georgia or Clemson
remind me again how many National Championship do Georgia and Clemson combined vs Alabama?
Both guys have Bama offers. The offer lists are basically the same except
HeisMertz is missing USC and Oklahoma (Epenesa had both)
Epenesa is missing Clemson and UGA (HeisMertz had both)
I might say that HeisMertz's offer list is slightly better than 5* Lesspenesa.

Aka MY DICK, LOOK AT IT

Ok, to each their own. I enjoy Iowa having a beast rush end with 14 sacks in frosh/soph. years. Mertz remains to be seen but appears to have the tools to be an upper level B1G QB.

is that why you post constantly about Nebraska dominating the series.
but just for you a little history lesson
1891 to 1941 Nebraska won 21 of those total 29 wins, since 1942 thru 2018 Iowa is 10-8 vs Nebraska. during the 30's the Iowa BOR CLEANED HOUSE by firing the Iowa coach and dismissed most of that 1930 team and Iowa was suspended from the BT for as it was put OVER ZEALOUS Boosters so from 1930 thru 1941 Nebraska went 8-1 it was that stretch that gave Nebraska the series edge. before the 30's and after the series has been even,

talk about living in the past bragging about the domination that happened before WWII almost 80 years ago.

Iowa is living rent free in your head. 99% of the posters in this thread are at least reasonable and are willing to give credit where credit is due.

1891 to 1941 Nebraska won 21 of those total 29 wins, since 1942 thru 2018 Iowa is 10-8 vs Nebraska. during the 30's the Iowa BOR CLEANED HOUSE by firing the Iowa coach and dismissed most of that 1930 team and Iowa was suspended from the BT for as it was put OVER ZEALOUS Boosters so from 1930 thru 1941 Nebraska went 8-1 it was that stretch that gave Nebraska the series edge. before the 30's and after the series has been even,

talk about living in the past bragging about the domination that happened before WWII almost 80 years ago.

Iowa is living rent free in your head. 99% of the posters in this thread are at least reasonable and are willing to give credit where credit is due.

You are living rent free on a Husker board.

Here is the difference. 99% of us are not on your board telling you anything. Now go back to your own circle jerk.

edit - as far as Iowa being in our head, I will just say that the Iowa talk on this board typically includes and "Iowa Sucks" post on occasion. Or Iowa comes up in threads like this where the entire B1G west is being discussed. Outside of that, you just don't mean that much, until you come on to our board and talk your low level trash talk.

Reactions: arf_man
It is a fact we have not developed our team physically as well as some other teams in the west. I believe that is changing. If in fact we are now not going to be out coached, talent I believe will be the deciding factor in who controls the division.

Total rivals point in the last 4 years by school
  1. NU - 7413
  2. WI - 6404
  3. Iowa - 5953
  4. Minn - 5591
  5. Purdue - 5157
  6. NW - 5068
  7. Illinois - 4665
All else equal we are recruiting almost a full class of talent better then most of the division. I have every faith Frost will get these guys ready to play and there is not a reason in the world we should not be in the Big10 title game most years. Wi will up their recruiting game to try and keep pace, Purdue has a strong coach and could challenge - Iowa will not change or adapt and will fall back some - Minn is a bit of a wild card and NW has strong development but is not a serious challenger on the recruiting front.

It is also important to note NU is recruiting at this level while having three bad seasons out of the last 4. At what level will we recruit when the results start showing??
Agree, Neb will recruit better than all the west schools most years. We finally have a good coach. Iowa is Iowa, they will continue to be average most years. WI I think had its good run, and in my opinion will fall off here for awhile. I honestly believe we can win the west this coming year. I think we should get it most years from here on out. The only way I see us not being the favorite most years is if the divisions are realigned.

Iowan: "Hey, Nebraska fan. We beat you for the fourth time in a row. We're awesome. You suck."
Nebraskan: "Yep. We've really struggled the last four years. Congrats, but we're coming back. Soon."
Iowan: "Not only do you suck, your national championships were tainted because the Big Eight was never as good as the Big Ten. You would never have won that many in our conference."
Nebraskan: "Wait. That's not true. We used to be really awesome. Like Alabama awesome. It was an incredible ride, especially for a 56-year old who wonders if we'll ever reach those heights again."
Iowan: "The past doesn't matter. Unless I bring it up."
This^^^^^^^is the truth and the reason I despise Iowa fan.

The problem with Iowa fan is two fold, one they won’t admit why they really hate Nebraska (same geographical footprint, but iowa has never been nationally relevant while Nebraska was for the better part of 50 years) and two, they suck.

Agree, Neb will recruit better than all the west schools most years. We finally have a good coach. Iowa is Iowa, they will continue to be average most years. WI I think had its good run, and in my opinion will fall off here for awhile. I honestly believe we can win the west this coming year. I think we should get it most years from here on out. The only way I see us not being the favorite most years is if the divisions are realigned.

If hiring a guy who is 23-15 is considered good with a 65% clip, have at it. His predecessor is also undefeated in a weak ass conference. If he maintains that, will he still be employed at UNL? Truth is , he's proved nothing but in desperation have to keep telling yourself as it's the last resort. Remember how zero legit candidates came forward before settling with a Mike Riley? Now as you make fun of a 5* legacy recruit, you're putting all the eggs into a 65%, legacy head coach. Average? Yes, he is thus far. Uh ohhhhhh.

(Save the hypotheticals, get results before blowing smoke.)

If hiring a guy who is 23-15 is considered good with a 65% clip, have at it. His predecessor is also undefeated in a weak ass conference. If he maintains that, will he still be employed at UNL? Truth is , he's proved nothing but in desperation have to keep telling yourself as it's the last resort. Remember how zero legit candidates came forward before settling with a Mike Riley? Now as you make fun of a 5* legacy recruit, you're putting all the eggs into a 65%, legacy head coach. Average? Yes, he is thus far. Uh ohhhhhh.

Holy shit, you are just a complete idiot. I'll bet other Iowa fans think you're stupid. No one wants you here. Get out. Go away. You don't even make sense.

You would have hated to see what the record would have been from the early 1960’s to the end of the 1990’s..Nebraska would have won 6 out of 7 games during that time frame maybe more..

Going to assume you are not a Neb fan, so also going to assume you have not watched every single game this year. I and most other husker fans have. Everyone, start to finish. There is a reason none of us are upset with a 4 win season. Im not going to bother explaining it all to you. So if you want to Continue to look at the small picture/ surface go ahead. Us Nebraska fans, as well as any smart college football fan, and most experts know what is coming. Hint: it isn't 8 or 9 wins seasons, like Iowa. Neb will get a BIG10 title before Iowa.

Take your own advice and get lost until Iowa is anything but average for longer than 5 years consecutively.

Iowa fan on Nebraska board, “I like Iowa and think they are better than Nebraska.”

Nebraska fans “Iowa has a better team occasionally, the head to head results speak for themselves, but Iowa is historically an average at best program while Nebraska was a national powerhouse for 3 plus decades and have only come down to Iowa’s level in the past 15 years.”

Iowa fan, “only post 2002 college football results matter.”

Get lost Iowa losers until you have a novel or original post.

And without leading receiver JD Spielman playing, need to figure that into the equation
What’s the equation to figure that in? Was the same formula used for MSU when Nebraska played them the week before? Can we go back and adjust the stats for Iowa’s defense against Purdue when two true freshmen CBS were starting?

I do think Spielman is a stud but you can’t just say he is worth a plus amount of yards. There negative possibilities also. Martinez trying to squeeze one into him and it gets picked. Martinez throws incomplete to him instead of scrambling for a first down.

I personally don’t think Iowa’s defense played the best in the edges and I think Kirk not going for the FG to go up three scores is to blame for that, but Iowa’s defense certainly did not get pushed around.

Take your own advice and get lost until Iowa is anything but average for longer than 5 years consecutively.

Iowa fan on Nebraska board, “I like Iowa and think they are better than Nebraska.”

Nebraska fans “Iowa has a better team occasionally, the head to head results speak for themselves, but Iowa is historically an average at best program while Nebraska was a national powerhouse for 3 plus decades and have only come down to Iowa’s level in the past 15 years.”

Iowa fan, “only post 2002 college football results matter.”

Get lost Iowa losers until you have a novel or original post.
I don't think Iowa has ever strung together 5 years of great football. If we compiling a list of teams that were great at being average. Iowa would be on top. They have a lock on the 7-9 win season.

You would have hated to see what the record would have been from the early 1960’s to the end of the 1990’s..Nebraska would have won 6 out of 7 games during that time frame maybe more..
is that why your team didn't play Iowa in the 50's? who knows how many more wins Iowa would have had

as for the 60's and 70's they got started the year they went into the season the preseason #1. but like Iowan call it [WHAT EVY BUILT EVY TORE DOWN]
he hired coaches that would fail so that the Adminstation would come crawling to him and beg him to Coach the team again so that he could be the AD and HC, the Administation wanted no part of that. Evy should never have been named the AD.

THEY did and the 60's and 70's became the downfall until Fry was hired. its because of those 2 decades that Iowa has a hard time getting top recruits,

now that Kirk has shaken up his staff that is changing this year by 247 [not the composite] these are their 4* recruits
OL Miller
OL Endred
TE Lee
LB Jacobs
that makes 4 out of 16 recruits so far. the composite is a poor metric as it is influenced to much by a service like Rivals who gives no credit for Iowa having any 4* recruits.

last seasons 247 composite showed Iowa with 0 4* recruits and yet these were 4* recruits by ESPN and Rivals
QB Petras
DE Waggoner
DB Cradieth
CB Brents by Rivals only

also since 247 bought out Scout their rankings have gone down the toilet and not just for Iowa has their head scout is to pro blue blood programs. which means the blue blood programs get a bump while the non blue bloods go down.

as of today Iowa is 34th as 3 teams just passed as they have
ASU 21 commits
Kentucky 21 commits
TCU 23 Commits
Iowa 16 commits

at this point in the recruiting season rankings don't mean much and in the end they don't mean much as different teams will sign more or less in the end.
Iowa could sign 20 or maybe 22.
Nebraska already has 22 commits and sits in 22nd place.

You guys posting that crap are what's wrong with Nebraska's program. You feast & salivate over a flung booger by a backup safety as big news then try and tell the country you're still great. Get over yourselves. The past twenty years is more in-line with who you are than the 90's. Just a team on a level playing field with every other fly over state.

Last edited:
You guys posting that crap are what's wrong with Nebraska's program. You feast & salivate over a flung booger by a backup safety then try and tell the country you're still great. Get over yourselves. The past twenty years is more in-line with who you are than the 90's. Just a team on a level playing field with every other fly over state.

When the team you root for is better known for waving then for the product on the field you really have no credibility coming to this board and dictating what’s “wrong” with Nebraska fans.

200w.gif

When the team you root for is better known for waving then for the product on the field you really have no credibility coming to this board and dictating what’s “wrong” with Nebraska fans.

200w.gif

K that's where it ends. Total D-bag move. Take some self reflection & think of who you are as a human being. Pure classless trash.

I don't think Iowa has ever strung together 5 years of great football. If we compiling a list of teams that were great at being average. Iowa would be on top. They have a lock on the 7-9 win season.
in the 50's under Evy Iowa won BT Championships in
1958 and a share of the NC
1960 Finishing no worse that 2nd in that time frame in the conference and 2nd or 3rd Nationally,

in the 50's Iowa was a National Power. if not for Evy trying to force the Iowa administation into naming him the HC AND THE AD Iowa may have stayed where they were.

1916 thru 2023 Howard Jones went 42-17 going 7-0 in 1921 and 7-0 in 2022 then in 2023 6-0-1 with a 20 straight wins before the Tie winning 2 outright BT Championship being named the National Champion by 2 Writer association which are not recognized by the University for some reason.
although some speculated that it had to do with Jones leaving as the HC due to a contract dispute. money was not the problem. the problem was Jones wife hated the winters in Iowa so Jones offered to stay in Iowa during the season but would live in Southern Missouri where it was warm to make his wife happy.

the Administation screwed the pooch on that one. as recruiting was not even close to what it is today

the Admin tried to appease the boosters by offering the job to Rockne but ND offered to make him the highest paid coach in the country at a whopping 5,000 dollar per year and as the say the rest is history.

Jones ended up USC West where he coached them to multiple National Championships and at that time the Pac 8 Championships. Iowa had their chance to stay a National Power but screwed the pooch.

K that's where it ends. Total D-bag move. Take some self reflection & think of who you are as a human being. Pure classless trash.
If I’d known that’s all it would take to get you to leave I would’ve posted it on page one. Lesson learned.

BTW, it’s a great tradition just not something I’d want my team to be best known for is all.

If I’d known that’s all it would take to get you to leave I would’ve posted it on page one. Lesson learned.

BTW, it’s a great tradition just not something I’d want my team to be best known for is all.
Dont forget to hang your Starter jacket after the laundromat, it'd be a waste of six quarters & cherished memories all shrunk in an hour.

What’s the equation to figure that in? Was the same formula used for MSU when Nebraska played them the week before? Can we go back and adjust the stats for Iowa’s defense against Purdue when two true freshmen CBS were starting?

I do think Spielman is a stud but you can’t just say he is worth a plus amount of yards. There negative possibilities also. Martinez trying to squeeze one into him and it gets picked. Martinez throws incomplete to him instead of scrambling for a first down.

I personally don’t think Iowa’s defense played the best in the edges and I think Kirk not going for the FG to go up three scores is to blame for that, but Iowa’s defense certainly did not get pushed around.
What do you care what a single Husker fan, on a Nebraska board, says about your pos team? Are you 12 years old? You have more bs excuses than anybody. #mustabeentheshoes1958

200w.gif
you are the biggest problem with Nebraska fans, going to the Iowa board and constantly talking trash and now you are talking trash about waving to the kids in the Hospital many of which will never get to go to a football game.

in fact the 1st game they did it a little girl saw the wave and passed away after the game NEVER to see another.

you are the biggest piece of trash to walk the earth.

since other college teams are coping it and HS are starting to do the same, that is indeed something to be proud of. but you wouldn't know anything that is something to be proud of.

the greatest respect comes from others coping what you have started.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT