ADVERTISEMENT

Talent, Huskers 4th

I guess that says something about our preseason rankings when coaching is added to the equation?

Hopefully times are changing. ;)

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Looking at this, Minnesota is getting the most out of its talent

It also indicates that there is more to this game than star rankings
So much missing from that logic.

For one the season hasn’t been played, a lot of the guys that helped Minnesota have that (lucky) season last year are gone. Not to mention they had a good culture and were successful before the boat guy got to town. Also not sure how you can say they have got more out of their talent than Iowa. Iowa won one less game last year, but beat them head to head and Iowa was much better than Minnesota the two previous seasons. Also NW actually played for the B1G Championship the season before.

On Nebraska’s front something like 14 of 22 players are first and second year players this year.

Last edited:
how many of NEBs 4-star players are only freshmen and sophs? i bet a bunch. Frost has elevated recruiting and it hasn't had time to show up yet.

Exactly what I was thinking. How many of NU’s 4 star players are just starting their 3rd year in the program? Almost all of them, I’d guess.

EDIT: Looks like Dismuke is the only 4 star player on the roster from Riley’s tenure. I guess that is according to Rivals, not 24/7 - but I think the point will hold.

Last edited:
It has to start materializing this season. We don't need to be world beaters, but things have to start coming together.

One thing in particular that I don't like seeing, is the fan base becoming too apologist.. soon they will be telling us that the team has to learn how to win again.. that would really upset me. It's only been a couple of down seasons, it's time to get back on that horse and start winning and having high expectations again.

This doesn't mean we are going to run Scott out of town, but it does mean we are allowed to put some pressure on him and hold him accountable.

As others have said, he's not a finished product yet, and there have been plenty of issues the fans have pointed out over the first two seasons.

He's been given a buffer like a cocoon to start with, but it's time to start stretching your legs and start executing.

We're going to find out a lot on Saturday. Some good, some bad, but it will tell the fans and hopefully the staff where we are at.

It has to start materializing this season. We don't need to be world beaters, but things have to start coming together.

One thing in particular that I don't like seeing, is the fan base becoming too apologist.. soon they will be telling us that the team has to learn how to win again.. that would really upset me. It's only been a couple of down seasons, it's time to get back on that horse and start winning and having high expectations again.

This doesn't mean we are going to run Scott out of town, but it does mean we are allowed to put some pressure on him and hold him accountable.

As others have said, he's not a finished product yet, and there have been plenty of issues the fans have pointed out over the first two seasons.

He's been given a buffer like a cocoon to start with, but it's time to start stretching your legs and start executing.

We're going to find out a lot on Saturday. Some good, some bad, but it will tell the fans and hopefully the staff where we are at.
the OL should be the best Frost has ever had. and that will make the offense look much better. I'm not convinced the WR position is elite yet but it may not have to be if Martinez and Mills have all kinds of room to run. the D is another story. they may surprise but i expect them to be in the middle once again. The OL recruits make it one of the best position groups in the country in the next couple years. The offensive future looks great.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
the average ranking of the 3 most recent recruiting classes for each coach at the start of their 1st season at Neb

Mike Riley - class ranking = 27 - win % .500

Scott Frost - 21.6 - win % .375

Last edited:
the average ranking of the 3 most recent recruiting classes for each coach at the start of their 1st season

Mike Riley - class ranking = 27 - win % .500

Scott Frost - 21.6 - win % .375

Are we going to take Covid 19 into account since 2020 class lost three 4* players from Florida effected their decision wanting to play closer from home?

Are we going to take Covid 19 into account since 2020 class lost three 4* players from Florida effected their decision wanting to play closer from home?

no other big ten team has lost multiple 4 star recruits in between arriving for fall and the 1st game. So no it isn’t taken into account as it seems to be unique to Neb

Reactions: SWIowahawks
no other big ten team has lost multiple 4 star recruits in between arriving for fall and the 1st game. So no it isn’t taken into account as it seems to be unique to the culture at Neb

But you’re comparing SF to Mike Riley in your post.. Don’t move the goal post..

But you’re comparing SF to Mike Riley in your post.. Don’t move the goal post..

please report back on how COVID would have anything to do with the numbers I presented - the recruiting classes are the 3 classes that each coach started their 1st season with - the 2020 recruiting class isn’t relevant for that comparison

likewise COVID has nothing to do with the win percentages of either coach at Neb

so please tell me who is “moving the goalposts”?

Losing Three 4* has everything to do where Nebraska class rating from the original signing date..

Nebraska losing those 4* players doesn’t make their class for 3 years at 21.6..

Covid was the reason why they wanted to stay closer to home..

SF hasn‘t even coached his 3 year yet with no non conference games..

Losing Three 4* has everything to do where Nebraska class rating from the original signing date..

Nebraska losing those 4* players doesn’t make their class for 3 years at 21.6..

Covid was the reason why they wanted to stay closer to home..

read my original post - it states the most recent 3 classes that each coach started their initial season with

Frost started his first season in 2018 -the most recent 3 classes were the 2016-2017-2018 classes.

please cease and desist with your efforts to move the goal posts

read my original post - it states the most recent 3 classes that each coach started their initial season with

Frost started his first season in 2018 -the most recent 3 classes were the 2016-2017-2018 classes.

2020 is SF 3rd recruiting class..SF has nothing to do with Riley‘s 2016 - 2017 classes other than the fact that most of them left the program..Keep beating that Riley bandwagon we’re all familiar with what you enjoy...

these are my favorite of your themed posts: manipulating figures to fit your narrative.

those 3 classes included quite a bit of turnover not reflected in the rankings you're using that occurred prior to Frost's arrival.

please redo these and only take into account the players who were present during his first season. I'm guessing the result will be wildly opposed to what you're presenting as fact now.

thanks in advance. xo

2020 is SF 3rd recruiting class..SF has nothing to do with Riley‘s 2016 - 2017 classes other than the fact that most of them left the program..Keep beating that Riley bandwagon were all familiar with what you enjoy...
it might be interesting if it weren't just completely wrong.

as is to be expected anytime our friend posts any stats, sadly.

So what you are saying is Frost has done less with someone else's recruits. Tough to argue that. Although there are some variables that come into play. Such as what type of offense and defense those players are recruited to play.

There may be a bit of Frost feeling more comfortable playing the long game knowing he has a longer leash.

Your statistics certainly don't tell the whole story.

I think a better indication of a coach will be how they perform with their own recruits. Years 3, 4, and 5 would seem to be a really god indicator of that.

You tend to take very specific statistics to support your opinion. You should try and look at statistics to form your opinion. That is tough to do though for someone like you that has such strong opinions to start with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT