ADVERTISEMENT

Talent, Huskers 4th

Sad that Nebraska’s alleged talent on hand never translates to W’s.
By never you mean the last 3 years? And what have the Iowa klansmen done that have made you so proud? All I can think of is a last second win against Nebraska, a pig trophy and a $20 million lawsuit.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
these are my favorite of your themed posts: manipulating figures to fit your narrative.

those 3 classes included quite a bit of turnover not reflected in the rankings you're using that occurred prior to Frost's arrival.

please redo these and only take into account the players who were present during his first season. I'm guessing the result will be wildly opposed to what you're presenting as fact now.

thanks in advance. xo

rivals doesn’t rerank classes ... now if you feel this will alter the numbers feel free to do the leg work on your own

In order to reach any degree of equipoise you will need to go through all the teams initial rankings - cross reference with their rosters to see who left and remained and then rerate all the teams to see where Neb might end up - surely you weren’t going to just look at attrition at Neb and not all the other college football teams

best of luck

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
rivals doesn’t rerank classes ... now if you feel this will alter the numbers feel free to do the leg work on your own

In order to reach any degree of equipoise you will need to go through all the teams initial rankings - cross reference with their rosters to see who left and remained and then rerate all the teams to see where Neb might end up - surely you weren’t going to just look at attrition at Neb and not all the other college football teams

best of luck
I'm not the one posting these admittedly incorrect and outdated figures in an effort to prove a point.

just trying to help you out, big guy. would hate to see what little credibility you have left go out the window because you're too lazy to post accurate information.

I'm not the one posting these admittedly incorrect and outdated figures in an effort to prove a point.

just trying to help you out, big guy.

by all means correct my figures if you think they are wrong

Frost inherited higher rated recruiting classes from Riley in the years specified at the time of his hire than RIley did from Pelini.

Now a number of players may have left when the new coach starting squealing openly to the media about the players he inherited being our of shape, etc etc

Part of taking over a program is gaining buy in from the players you inherited to give one the best chance of success - like Pelini did with Callahans recruits - if you are going to call out players in the media they are might leave - that is on the coach squealing in the media

Frost inherited higher rated recruiting classes from Riley in the years specified at the time of his hire than RIley did from Pelini.

Now a number of players may have left when the new coach starting squealing openly to the media about the players he inherited being our of shape, etc etc

Part of taking over a program is gaining buy in from the players you inherited to give one the best chance of success - like Pelini did with Callahans recruits - if you are going to call out players in the media they are might leave - that is on the coach squealing in the media

Biggest reason why they left is because they didn’t fit in the culture and the system..And yes they were out of shape that‘s one thing you have right..

no highly ranked players from riley's classes left prior to frost's arrival? zero?

your figures, obviously, are outdated and incorrect. obviously.

you'd think someone who holds themselves in such high regard as you could at least come up with something more compelling than this unabashedly pointless drivel.

sad.

read my original post - it states the most recent 3 classes that each coach started their initial season with

Frost started his first season in 2018 -the most recent 3 classes were the 2016-2017-2018 classes.

please cease and desist with your efforts to move the goal posts

Its not rocket science, this is what happened:

-Callahan left nfl talent and Bo’s best teams came from those guys.
-Bo left Riley some nfl talent and some good college players. Riley was able to win 9 games in year 2, should have won 9 in year 1.
-Riley left Frost little to zero talent. Our guys drafted from the past 3 years tells the story.

Success from football always takes 3-4 years to materialize. Hell, even Frankie was awesome with TO’s guys. Once those recruits left, we got a 7-7 season.

Riley had Tommy Armstrong, who had started close to 20 games before Riley was here. Frost had a true freshman. That right there is a gigantic difference.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Frost more than has his own failings to examine from the last two seasons. Like it or not, Jib makes some good points. He just takes a little too much smug pleasure in making them. Despite that, my reason for optimism is that I still believe that Frost will learn from his mistakes and continue building.

I don't care what the numbers say. My belief is that Frost got on board a ship that has mostly been sinking for the last 20 years. There were a few brief "ups" but everything about Nebraska football was toxic when Frost walked in the door. Everything. That doesn't change overnight, especially when the new coach makes it even harder with some of the things he's said and done. But he's learning, and we're going to get there. He's the right guy.

Just wait until all of Pelini and Reilly’s players are gone!!!

who’s left? With the transfers I think we’d be 6th. Not to mention Wisc is actually started to recruit 4*. I think they have 7 this year which is the most they’ve ever had as far as I can recall. We have 3?!?!

Riley had Tommy Armstrong, who had started close to 20 games before Riley was here. Frost had a true freshman. That right there is a gigantic difference.
Frost chose to go the True Freshman route. Tanner Lee was set to be a Senior, returning starter. We had two 4 star Freshmen in POB and Gebbia when Frost arrived. We also had a good shot at landing JUCO, Terry Wilson or Junior, Joe Burrow.

Frost assessed the situation and decided to build the program from ground up with True Frosh, Martinez. I actually like the decision he made but I don't see how Riley left him with no options.

Last edited:
Frost chose to go the True Freshman route. Tanner Lee was set to be a Senior, returning starter. We had two 4 star Freshmen in POB and Gebbia when Frost arrived. We also had a good shot at landing JUCO, Terry Wilson or Junior, Joe Burrow.

Frost accessed the situation and decided to build the program from ground up with True Frosh, Martinez. I actually like the decision he made but I don't see how Riley left him with no options.

You bring up a good point but let’s not forget that Nebraska went 4-8 in 2017. Plus, how many guys have been drafted from 2017-19?

Reactions: timnsun
things would sure be different if mean ol' Coach Frost didn't run off tyjon lindsay and keshawn jr. not to mention elijah blades and others.

for a guy who posts as if he's the smartest guy in the room, you sure look dumb in a hurry, @jlb321
You bring up a good point but let’s not forget that Nebraska went 4-8 in 2017. Plus, how many guys have been drafted from 2017-19?

Were those draft numbers due to not recruiting talent or failure to develop players into more talented athletes or a little of both.

Were those draft numbers due to not recruiting talent or failure to develop players into more talented athletes or a little of both.
riley did neither.

any riley guys who were close the last 2 years made it to the league, and most (Davis twins, Ozigbo, Morgan) directly attribute that to Frost's development of them.

Frost more than has his own failings to examine from the last two seasons. Like it or not, Jib makes some good points. He just takes a little too much smug pleasure in making them. Despite that, my reason for optimism is that I still believe that Frost will learn from his mistakes and continue building.

I don't care what the numbers say. My belief is that Frost got on board a ship that has mostly been sinking for the last 20 years. There were a few brief "ups" but everything about Nebraska football was toxic when Frost walked in the door. Everything. That doesn't change overnight, especially when the new coach makes it even harder with some of the things he's said and done. But he's learning, and we're going to get there. He's the right guy.
This is exactly right. I don't mind somebody pointing out some of the problems this staff has had, and there have been a lot so far. But jlb seems to take pleasure in doing so and wants to see this staff and team fail. That's what I have a problem with. Some "fan."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT