ADVERTISEMENT

T Fishers showing 4 star Nadab Joseph some love

saltsdogg

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Cliff notes: "What I can tell you about Nadab is he's improved so much since last year, it wouldn't surprise me if Nadab Joseph is in the running to be starting at one of these spots in the secondary. Period. Whether it's safety or corner," Fisher said. "It's going to be a tight run this year for a lot of guys -- even pushing the Cam Taylor-Britts and the Deontai Williams and the Marquel Dismukes. I love all those players, but at the same time all of them are my players. … It's full competition always."

I’m calling it now, he will eventually be a starter (If not next season, then the season after). GBR

Last edited:
Having legitimate competition is the best case scenario for us right now. Far too often we’ve had positions with de-facto starters. It needs to be a battle to get and keep that starting role across the board.

Good to hear some positive outlook about someone like Joseph.

Glad Joseph is getting some positive feedback from the coach. I was wondering about him.

My main concern however is the OFFENSE. I think the defense would be good next year IF ONLY the offense pulled its weight on the team and didn't put the defense in horrible positions. I don't have a lot of confidence in Martinez. If only we had a QB who could complete passes down the field with consistent accuracy. Sigh.

inWV. Welcome to the original thread about Nadab Joseph. Although not the Twitter version of it like in your post...lol 😂😉

Last edited:
I like the guys willingness to hit, but if there was ever a player that I would love to be replaced due to competition is Dismuke. Whether it is NPG or this guy, somebody needs to replace him. Dude is a walking talking personal foul that doesn't know he has arms to tackle with. There was literally a play last year where somebody was tackling a receiver and he came over and just stuck his head and neck in the path of the receivers head. No coach ever in the history of football has ever taught a guy to trip a guy using his head and neck. I have no idea where he learned to tackle that way. At no point in the "tackle" attempt did he even have his arms extended. They were by his side at his hips. It is just insane to even imagine what he was doing.

*he is the anti- Mike Brown who earned the nickname "The tick" for a reason. Eric Hagg is the closest I have seen to Mike Brown since him. Hagg was just an undersized sophomore when he had a phenomenal sack in the Gator Bowl against a much larger QB. He blitzed the QB who made a great move to avoid the sack. Hagg latched onto dudes FOOT and refused to let go. The QB was looking for a receiver to throw to when Hagg appropriately enough for the bowl game began to gator roll with nothing more than the guys foot. He was either going to go down or have his leg torn off. He smartly took the sack rather than have his knee and/or ankle torn in half.

This is how to tackle

Last edited:
I like the guys willingness to hit, but if there was ever a player that I would love to be replaced due to competition is Dismuke. Whether it is NPG or this guy, somebody needs to replace him. Dude is a walking talking personal foul that doesn't know he has arms to tackle with. There was literally a play last year where somebody was tackling a receiver and he came over and just stuck his head and neck in the path of the receivers head. No coach ever in the history of football has ever taught a guy to trip a guy using his head and neck. I have no idea where he learned to tackle that way. At no point in the "tackle" attempt did he even have his arms extended. They were by his side at his hips. It is just insane to even imagine what he was doing.

*he is the anti- Mike Brown who earned the nickname "The tick" for a reason. Eric Hagg is the closest I have seen to Mike Brown since him. Hagg was just an undersized sophomore when he had a phenomenal sack in the Gator Bowl against a much larger QB. He blitzed the QB who made a great move to avoid the sack. Hagg latched onto dudes FOOT and refused to let go. The QB was looking for a receiver to throw to when Hagg appropriately enough for the bowl game began to gator roll with nothing more than the guys foot. He was either going to go down or have his leg torn off. He smartly took the sack rather than have his knee and/or ankle torn in half.

This is how to tackle
Everything you said and he's too slow.

I trust Coach Fisher more than any other coach on the team to make the right personnel decisions and won't second guess him as to who should be playing.
with all the returners it will be difficult for joseph to see the field. the most important factor is not speed or tackling ability. its knowing where to be on the field and where to go and how to recognize formations and plays.
joseph could be so much better physically that he can overcome his lack of experience but if i were betting I would pretty easily put my money on the returners. joseph might see the field but not as a starter

Our DBs give opponents too much space and get caught flat footed.
Need to tighten things up. I’d accept a big play every once in a while in exchange for tighter coverage.

The Ohio St game was a good example. I know we were outmatched by their WR’s, but standing around flat footed letting then run freely was not helping.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Cliff notes: "What I can tell you about Nadab is he's improved so much since last year, it wouldn't surprise me if Nadab Joseph is in the running to be starting at one of these spots in the secondary. Period. Whether it's safety or corner," Fisher said. "It's going to be a tight run this year for a lot of guys -- even pushing the Cam Taylor-Britts and the Deontai Williams and the Marquel Dismukes. I love all those players, but at the same time all of them are my players. … It's full competition always."

I’m calling it now, he will eventually be a starter (If not next season, then the season after). GBR

The future is now.

Reactions: saltsdogg
with all the returners it will be difficult for joseph to see the field. the most important factor is not speed or tackling ability. its knowing where to be on the field and where to go and how to recognize formations and plays.
joseph could be so much better physically that he can overcome his lack of experience but if i were betting I would pretty easily put my money on the returners. joseph might see the field but not as a starter

Lavonte David says you're wrong.

Hey, that very thing has happened a few times. A kid is wavering with his commitment to the team. The coaches encourage him, say that he is "the future" or whatever, and then he quits & transfers. So I hope this is a case of a kid who is getting praise by earning it rather than needing it.

oh, no doubt. However, I don’t believe this is an example of that, going off of what Fisher says in this interview/article and all. "Nadab Joseph is a freak as far as how he has changed his body around," Fisher said. "His attitude. If there's one player that's here early in the mornings, it's him. And that's been consistently happening this winter. He's improving so much and he's coming a long ways. I would love to see him continue to improve like this. And if he does, it will be interesting." When I read that, it sounds like a player that’s fully bought in, ready to compete and potentially win a spot. Nadab Joseph could end up being a very good DB.

Last edited:
Wouldn't mind seeing him supplant Dismuke. That guy is a step too slow in coverage and run support.
Or maybe NPG takes Dismukes spot and Joseph is another rangy corner for us.

Only spot Joseph has a prayer of taking is Bootle's vacated corner spot. It will depend on how well Braxton Clark recovers from his injury. Every other spot is locked up.

I understand the criticism of tackling technique, particularly from the early part of last season. However, I think everybody was doing much better at the end of the year. Dismuke is a full-grown man at this point. He looked like he could have played some LB for us very successfully. His run support is actually his strong suit. He had a breakout year, and I expect him to be even better next season.

Lavonte David says you're wrong.

Nadab Joseph is nowhere near Lavonte David. His film does not show any such potential to be either. Let's just hope Fisher is developing this kid and getting him ready to help out this season with the potential to take a starting spot after Cam/Dismuke/Deontai move on.

Only spot Joseph has a prayer of taking is Bootle's vacated corner spot. It will depend on how well Braxton Clark recovers from his injury. Every other spot is locked up.

I understand the criticism of tackling technique, particularly from the early part of last season. However, I think everybody was doing much better at the end of the year. Dismuke is a full-grown man at this point. He looked like he could have played some LB for us very successfully. His run support is actually his strong suit. He had a breakout year, and I expect him to be even better next season.
Wasn't saying he was going to take Dismukes spot. All I said is Dismuke is a step too slow in coverage and run support. I believe his pro day (would be shocked if he gets a combine invite) 40 time will show that.

I’m glad he can show up early, but so can I. More fluff. Can he play football?

“Can he play football?”

🤔 well, let’s see here, he was the top ranked CB and was ranked 2nd to 3rd nationally via 24/7, Rivals and ESPN recruiting. Then you top that off with Nick Saban and Bama wanted him pretty badly along with George, Texas AM and all those guys (all the way until they thought he wouldn’t qualify, luckily for us he did) and now we are hearing good things about Joseph from Fisher. I’d have to guess he can play some ball. But hey, that’s just me. 🤷🏽

“I’m glad he can show up early, but so can I”

Now, I don’t know you at all but I’m highly doubting you can do everything I mentioned above too? And no offense, I wouldn’t call anything Fisher said as “Fluff”. That’s what you want to hear, it shows Nadab is bought in, has locked in, focused and doing everything in his power to better himself and put himself in a good spot to succeed. But again, that’s just me. 🤷🏽

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT