ADVERTISEMENT

SVP to B1G: "Have fun playing for a pig trophy while other schools play for a title."

Keep this ball rolling, imo. The more everyone, including the big shots at espn, keep sh*****g on the B1G, the better off we are at maybeeeee starting sometime in October

Reactions: cubsker and bluenrg
It's always political, always about power, always about control, and always about money.

While it use to be that way about some things, welcome to the new world order where everything leads back to these tenants.

About when is he on? All I see now are the three stooges in the morning, and to think they canned Golic to bring those morons on. Even ESPN knew if you gave people a choice they wouldn't watch that stupid show, so they got rid of the competition.
every night, prime time sportscenter (9pm ET, I believe, or right after whatever live sport is shown)

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
If this happens it would be icing on the cake that no one plays their rivalry B1G game on this weekend and end up playing someone from the opposite division.o_O

Sadly, except for OSU we're already well familiar with "Have fun playing for a pig trophy while the rest of us play for the championship" territory.

If we get partial, conference-only season we're gonna be on here in January trying to thump our chests about a couple of those trophies to feel better about struggling to find a way to a .500 record.

Holy shit will the national pundits be delighted to spike the football on us for suing our own conference to play for the right to be aggressively mediocre. The season is a clown show at this point, we might as well all get our big shoes and makeup ready.

Reactions: Oldie but goodie
Sadly, except for OSU we're already well familiar with "Have fun playing for a pig trophy while the rest of us play for the championship" territory.

If we get partial, conference-only season we're gonna be on here in January trying to thump our chests about a couple of those trophies to feel better about struggling to find a way to a .500 record.

Holy shit will the national pundits be delighted to spike the football on us for suing our own conference to play for the right to be aggressively mediocre. The season is a clown show at this point, we might as well all get our big shoes and makeup ready.

I’m not following. Because we aren’t good enough to win a national title, we shouldn’t be doing all we can to try to have the right to play the games?

I would like to watch the Huskers play soon, win or lose. You can opt out. Who cares what a media clown says.

I’m not following. Because we aren’t good enough to win a national title, we shouldn’t be doing all we can to try to have the right to play the games?

Imagine only wanting to play if you're really good. Would be some pretty empty fields and stadiums.

About when is he on? All I see now are the three stooges in the morning, and to think they canned Golic to bring those morons on. Even ESPN knew if you gave people a choice they wouldn't watch that stupid show, so they got rid of the competition.
They are awful. I used to tune in to Golic and Golic every morning. I don't think I've listened more than twice to these new guys.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
They are awful. I used to tune in to Golic and Golic every morning. I don't think I've listened more than twice to these new guys.
Mike and Mike was the best, SVP and Rusillo and Dan and Dibs back in the day were also pretty entertaining. If you haven’t noticed they are on a total push of ethnic hires that I predict will fail.

Reactions: dinglefritz
LeBatard has the most popular show in sports radio but I could see them going the satellite radio route when his contract is up

Damn people. Please keep the political crap out of these threads. We’re going to start passing out week vacations again if you don’t quit with the politics. If you want to talk politics, join up and post on the open scrolls

ADVERTISEMENT