ADVERTISEMENT

Sure would like Husker baseball to win today

Charlie Marlow

Athletic Director
Sep 23, 2005
In Your Head
Already ahead 3-0 after the first inning. We need to be able to win convincingly against teams like Michigan State. Hopefully we will just swing away and not blow our lead with sacrifice bunting.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I know we are up 6-0 headed into the bottom of the 2nd, but we have already stranded 4 on base. Have to do better than that against lower level teams like Michigan State.
That doesn’t really make sense if you think about it. If you’re getting a ton of runs, you’re likely going to be leaving runners on base too. The only way that’s not the case is if you’re clearing the bases with a HR before recording the third out.

Reactions: Can o' corn
I know we are up 6-0 headed into the bottom of the 2nd, but we have already stranded 4 on base. Have to do better than that against lower level teams like Michigan State.

First inning they had 2 walks and a man hit by a pitch without getting a hit and those were the first 3 runs scored..

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I'm really enjoying the baseball season and I was disappointed we weren't ranked this week. Probably due to the lack of games played because of scheduling restrictions... Then we get beat by a struggling MSU team yesterday and blow a six run lead today. Yeah, I get why we aren't ranked. Focus and take care of business... gbr.

Then Schwelly shut them down. Huskers win. Tough day for bunting. I think I saw 0-12 on bunting. Tough day, but we'll take it.

Then Schwelly shut them down. Huskers win. Tough day for bunting. I think I saw 0-12 on bunting. Tough day, but we'll take it.
Bad weekend. Prior to this series, guys were placing bunts perfectly with regularity. I don't think they relied on it too much previously, but after awhile today, calling it with 2-strike counts was frustrating and a waste.

Already ahead 3-0 after the first inning. We need to be able to win convincingly against teams like Michigan State. Hopefully we will just swing away and not blow our lead with sacrifice bunting.
We will take the win. On to Rutgers next weekend in Lincoln. Should be three wins.

Nice to get out East Lansing with the series win..
Better shore up those bunting situations moving forward to May..

Thanks for the updates, guys! I was unable to check in on the game today. Your posts let me know what happened.
Jir4JJM.gif

Reactions: arf_man

We need as many runs as we can get. We’ve lost a big lead a few times already this year.

6-3 after two

One ugly game
6-6 after three

You were like Nostradamus here! Wanted to say it earlier.

tenor.gif

Was at lunch and the mobile version was giving me difficulty with multi-quote.

We'll be ready to play and will beat Rutgers regardless of what they did in Ann Arbor as this weekend was a wakeup call and can almost guarantee we won't see the shit show we say this weekend the rest of the year. This team has goals and this is Bolt Ball and in no way, shape, or form should never be compared to Anderson or Erstad led teams EVER imvho!

Last edited:
Their performance on Friday against one of the top pitchers in the Big Ten might have lulled them into a false sense of security for the rest of the series.

Survive and advance. It will be nice to get back home and play in front of Big crowds and nice weather next weekend.

Don’t so fast amigo..
Rutgers just took the series from Michigan...
Saw that. Think michigan is overrated every year. Not sure why they always seem to get rated every year.
The rutgers win helps N for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT