ADVERTISEMENT

Super Regional Matchups

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
Super Regionals
Super Regional play begins on Friday, June 5.

Maryland (42-22) at Virginia (37-22)
Missouri State (48-10) at Arkansas (38-22)
Virginia Commonwealth (40-23) at Miami (FL) (47-15)
Florida State (44-19) at Florida (47-16)

Louisiana-Lafayette (44-19) at LSU (51-10)
Texas A&M (49-12) at Texas Christian (47-12)
Vanderbilt (45-19) at Illinois (50-8)
Cal State-Fullerton (37-22) at Louisville (46-16)

-Maryland
-Missouri State
-Miami
-Florida

-LSU
-aTm
-Vandy
-Louisville

-Maryland
-Missouri State
-Miami (but I really want to say VCU just because)
-Florida State

-LSU
-TCU
-Illinois
-Louisville

Virginia
Arkansas
Miami
Florida
LSU
ATM
Vandy
Louisville

Arkansas hosts the super regional as a #3 seed vs. Missouri State who hosted a regional as a #1 seed. Maybe the 10k+ that will fill Baum Stadium for each game has something to do with it.

Nebraska can leverage this same advantage. If...

Arkansas hosts the super regional as a #3 seed vs. Missouri State who hosted a regional as a #1 seed. Maybe the 10k+ that will fill Baum Stadium for each game has something to do with it.

Nebraska can leverage this same advantage. If...

I think we hosted Super with an RPI 20 at one time. Something like that. These things sometimes come down to a bid offering. Teams have to put in a bid to host, right? Money has to be guaranteed as payment to the NCAA.

Missouri St never bid on a Super b/c their park isn't available for Super week. They play in a minor league park and that team is home this weekend.

Virginia is also a 3 seed Super Host this week vs Maryland. Don't know why Maryland didn't get the host spot. Maybe they never entered a bid either.

I think we hosted Super with an RPI 20 at one time. Something like that. These things sometimes come down to a bid offering. Teams have to put in a bid to host, right? Money has to be guaranteed as payment to the NCAA.

Missouri St never bid on a Super b/c their park isn't available for Super week. They play in a minor league park and that team is home this weekend.

Virginia is also a 3 seed Super Host this week vs Maryland. Don't know why Maryland didn't get the host spot. Maybe they never entered a bid either.
OK, well I guess it's a non-starter if Missouri State's park is otherwise spoken for.

The bottom line when it comes to super regionals is that it depends on who wins the regionals. Even if it's two four seeds, the games still need to be played somewhere.

I seem to recall a super a few years back that was between two teams who pulled major upsets in regionals and it wasn't decided for a few days where it would be played. Was it Cal? Stony Brook? I don't remember exactly...

Virginia - in 3 games
Arkansas - in 2
Miami (FL) - in 2
Florida - in 3

LSU - in 2
Texas A&M - in 3
Illinois - in 3
Louisville - in 3

I think both Illinois and Maryland have excellent chances. Who would have thought back in January the B1G would have an opportunity to get 2 teams in the CWS and have 4 teams play in regional finals? Certainly not me.

I think both Illinois and Maryland have excellent chances. Who would have thought back in January the B1G would have an opportunity to get 2 teams in the CWS and have 4 teams play in regional finals? Certainly not me.
and Nebraska wouldn't be one of them! Eek

Super Regionals
Super Regional play begins on Friday, June 5.

Maryland (42-22) at Virginia (37-22)
Missouri State (48-10) at Arkansas (38-22)
Virginia Commonwealth (40-23) at Miami (FL) (47-15)
Florida State (44-19) at Florida (47-16)

Louisiana-Lafayette (44-19) at LSU (51-10)
Texas A&M (49-12) at Texas Christian (47-12)
Vanderbilt (45-19) at Illinois (50-8)
Cal State-Fullerton (37-22) at Louisville (46-16)

Maryland in 2
Arkansas (only because it's there) in 3
Miami in 2
Florida in 2

LSU in 2
TCU in 3
Vandy in 3
Louisville in 3

Maryland is a strange team to me. I think it's amazing that a team that finished 14-10 in the B1G has a legitimate shot at the CWS. I don't think you've ever been able to say that in history. Keep in mind this Maryland team lost a series to Northwestern right before the B1G tournament and regionals.

I think it really shows the strength of the B1G top to bottom and really should enhance the argument of how good the B1G was this year.

Maryland to me is a classic team that underperformed based on their talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT