ADVERTISEMENT

SUPER BOWL 50 Official Game Thread

Never thought highly of him as a head coach, but Wade Phillips is one hell of a defensive coordinator. And if Carolina's just not very good, that will come as news to all the teams in the NFC, and everyone who said Denver stood no chance against the Cam-led juggernaut..

This game is terrible. Make it stop.
Then you are not giving the defenses enough credit. Especially Denver's defense. Has Carolina's offense looked like a chicken with its head cut off all year?

After what Carolina did in the playoffs, you have to respect Denver's D today. This is one of the best performances all time. Barely any of the experts gave The donkeys a chance.

Made 4 bets on this game ...ended up -3 bucks....lost the Cam rushing prop by .5 ...oh well ..congrats Bronco fans

This game ain't helping.
Sometime all a QB needs to do is manage the game. Except for his interception to the DLineman, Manning hasn't done anything stupid. I was questioning the three runs and punt with 3 minutes left, but they let the D win the game for them.

Then you are not giving the defenses enough credit. Especially Denver's defense. Has Carolina's offense looked like a chicken with its head cut off all year?

Can't really say, don't watch much NFL and had it not been the Super Bowl I would have done something else other than watch this. Defense was good as I said, but there were multiple moments where you would have thought an MVP QB would have made the throw and receivers on the top offense would have made the catch.

All that time and they botch the review. That was horrible
In all honesty it was the correct call. When the ball hit the ground it jolted the ball loose and up...the only reason it stayed in his arms is the way it jolted. The ball can hit the ground during a catch but the ball has to be controlled to the point that it does not move, as in, touching the ground didn't affect its momentum or place in the arms of the reciever. He did not have control of that football and it was simply luck it didn't bounce away...the ground almost helped him catch it. It could have easily bounced out. The reason it is not a catch is because the ball was not controlled when it hit the ground. This in essence is the same as a ball skipping to a reciever and the reviewer catching it on the hop...it looks different but it is the same. I'm disappointed Nantz and boomer couldn't figure that out and help fans because it was the correct call.

Reactions: BornNBredRed
ENOUGH of Payton and his age..IN case all of you haven't noticed, Cam didn't look 1% better all dang game. Cam made 3 good/great throws? All game? Enough with Manning's age already, we just watched the two best defenses in the whole freaking league, this is what they do, make great QB's look average.

Reactions: newAD
Can't really say, don't watch much NFL and had it not been the Super Bowl I would have done something else other than watch this. Defense was good as I said, but there were multiple moments where you would have thought an MVP QB would have made the throw and receivers on the top offense would have made the catch.

Getting hit over twice as many times in this game than your other two PLAYOFF games combined kind of has that effect. Carolina's defense was stifling also. Most of Denver's points were a direct result of their defense/special teams.

In all honesty it was the correct call. When the ball hit the ground it jolted the ball loose and up...the only reason it stayed in his arms is the way it jolted. The ball can hit the ground during a catch but the ball has to be controlled to the point that it does not move, as in, touching the ground didn't affect its momentum or place in the arms of the reciever. He did not have control of that football and it was simply luck it didn't bounce away...the ground almost helped him catch it. It could have easily bounced out. The reason it is not a catch is because the ball was not controlled when it hit the ground. This in essence is the same as a ball skipping to a reciever and the reviewer catching it on the hop...it looks different but it is the same. I'm disappointed Nantz and boomer couldn't figure that out and help fans because it was the correct call.
I think whichever way it was called on the field was going to be the call that stood. Unless you saw an angle I didn't, there was no view that showed that ball hitting the ground, which means they didn't have any evidence to overturn the call on the field and that call stood.

That D Line gave what will rightfully be called the most dominating performance by a d line in super bowl history. I feel bad for those who said this was boring. Watching that line work inside and out, stunts, speed rushes,twists, and plain bull rushes was a beautiful sight to see.
Especially great considering the season Carolina had and Cams ability escaping and extending.
That was just smash mouth d line play right there!

Reactions: GRHusker and newAD
I think whichever way it was called on the field was going to be the call that stood. Unless you saw an angle I didn't, there was no view that showed that ball hitting the ground, which means they didn't have any evidence to overturn the call on the field and that call stood.
Not hitting the ground would be ample evidence to overturn the call.
It obviously hit the ground during the catch. Not at the end which is what clueless nantz was trying to make it about.

That D Line gave what will rightfully be called the most dominating performance by a d line in super bowl history. I feel bad for those who said this was boring. Watching that line work inside and out, stunts, speed rushes,twists, and plain bull rushes was a beautiful sight to see.
Especially great considering the season Carolina had and Cams ability escaping and extending.
That was just smash mouth d line play right there!

Agree. I was just mesmerized that the Denver D just kept coming out and shutting Cam and Carolina down. They had to win this game, and I don't thInk any other NFL team had the D to do it this year.

Not hitting the ground would be ample evidence to overturn the call.
It obviously hit the ground during the catch. Not at the end which is what clueless nantz was trying to make it about.
I didn't hear Nantz's comments on it. We're talking about the same point in the process where it looked like the ball hit the ground. I didn't see an angle that showed definitively one way or another that the ball did or did not hit the ground, so it makes sense that the call stood

http://www.catscratchreader.com/201...-catch-is-the-first-bad-call-of-super-bowl-50

We will see better videos later but this looks obvious to me that the front nose of the football hit the ground. And then watch how that ball jumps vertically. It hit before he had total control. If the ball doesn't jump I might be with you here. It can rub the ground and be a catch. But it caused the ball to move too much, and the nose did hit the ground.
Not trying to argue just feel the refs got this one correct.
And I picked the Panthers fwiw.

Reactions: GRHusker
http://www.catscratchreader.com/201...-catch-is-the-first-bad-call-of-super-bowl-50

We will see better videos later but this looks obvious to me that the front nose of the football hit the ground. And then watch how that ball jumps vertically. It hit before he had total control. If the ball doesn't jump I might be with you here. It can rub the ground and be a catch. But it caused the ball to move too much, and the nose did hit the ground.
Not trying to argue just feel the refs got this one correct.
And I picked the Panthers fwiw.

The ball touched the ground, then moved slightly. That is all it takes, especially when it was called incomplete. There is no legitimate major complaint.

On another subject, did everyone catch how many Heisman winning QBs have won a super bowl?

Staubach and Plunkett. Wow. I might have been able to figure that out, but that's almost mind boggling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT