ADVERTISEMENT

Sunglasses for riding a motorcycle

dacred

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 11, 2002
looking to buy some sunglasses while riding my Harley and i guess could be used for the boat as well. Polarized, impact resistant and fashionable. :) I wear contacts, so need to have side protection and don't necessarily need the soft cushion that you see on a lot of glasses. Idea's? Reading reviews on several and many claim not real good peripheral vision.

looking to buy some sunglasses while riding my Harley and i guess could be used for the boat as well. Polarized, impact resistant and fashionable. :) I wear contacts, so need to have side protection and don't necessarily need the soft cushion that you see on a lot of glasses. Idea's? Reading reviews on several and many claim not real good peripheral vision.

Prada

agree with the poster about goggles.. those will look cool on a Harley.. sunglasses are for mopeds.

Reactions: SkerInCo

I have a pair of Adidas sunglasses that I wear casually, but for snow skiing, bird hunting, golfing and boating I don’t think you can beat a pair of polarized brown lens Smith sunglasses. I only ski with Smith goggles as well.

Back in the 80’s I road my Harley a lot on both pavement and gravel roads. I just wore some Ray Bans. Used to get drunk at small town bars and ride on gravel roads and never crashed or had issues with those shades. Paid a lot for them. $50 I think.

Get a helmet with a face guard that way the glasses don't matter so much. In my opinion the #1 danger of riding a bike is getting hit in the face by bugs and rocks. Need to protect your whole face.

Get a helmet with a face guard that way the glasses don't matter so much. In my opinion the #1 danger of riding a bike is getting hit in the face by bugs and rocks. Need to protect your whole face.
dont ride, but i think getting hit in the face with pavement due to distracted drivers would be the #1 danger...

ADVERTISEMENT