ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday: Nebraska vs. Rutgers (Huskers win 7-6)

I don't like blowing 4 runs lead in the 8th, but it was fun to get the win on a walk-off.

Walkoff 2 run HR for Illinois! So we just need to finish 5-1 in conference if we want to win this title!

Reactions: saluno22
Actually, unless I'm figuring this wrong, 5-1 won't necessarily win it. Michigan could win it if they win out.

Actually, unless I'm figuring this wrong, 5-1 won't necessarily win it. Michigan could win it if they win out.

Michigan ends the season with Games at Purdue and 2 of 3 games in East Lansing, with the Saturday game in Ann Arbor.

Looks like I'd rather play Penn St away instead of being on the road against Purdue.

Michigan will blow it though and lose one or two I feel. Don't think Maryland loses one to Northwestern however but I could be wrong. Baseball Gods seem to always keep it strange

Right, but I like our chances of winning out better than their's. We're still in the driver's seat.

First place in the Big Ten, baby!

Right, but I like our chances of winning out better than their's. We're still in the driver's seat.

First place in the Big Ten, baby!
Also will mention that OSU is at bat in the 7th leading Michigan 4-2 right now. With one out and two on. If Michigan loses this they will need us to lose two games. Not gonna happen.

Michigan will blow it though and lose one or two I feel. Don't think Maryland loses one to Northwestern however but I could be wrong. Baseball Gods seem to always keep it strange
Hopefully the Buckeyes can hold on today against Meatchicken to give us a little cushion there. Even if they do, though, 5-1 wouldn't guarantee us first place. Since two of its three games with Rutgers have been rescheduled, Minnesota could eke past us by going 5-0.

Hopefully the Buckeyes can hold on today against Meatchicken to give us a little cushion there. Even if they do, though, 5-1 wouldn't guarantee us first place. Since two of its three games with Rutgers have been rescheduled, Minnesota could eke past us by going 5-0.
Could happen.

Minnesota is a train wreck right now so I'd be shocked. They beat the crap out of PSU today but all the respectable teams in the league should.

Also will mention that OSU is at bat in the 7th leading Michigan 4-2 right now. With one out and two on. If Michigan loses this they will need us to lose two games. Not gonna happen.
Michigan loses game 3 to OSU 4-2.

Reactions: saluno22
Unless I'm figuring things wrong, we would still win the conference in that scenario. We would finish 17-6-1 while Minnesota would be 17-6. A tie is counted as half a win for winning percentage purposes.

Unless I'm figuring things wrong, we would still win the conference in that scenario. We would finish 17-6-1 while Minnesota would be 17-6. A tie is counted as half a win for winning percentage purposes.
A tie counts as half a win AND half a loss. Minnesota would edge us.

17.5 / 24 = .729
17 / 23 = .739

Minnesota wins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT