ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday: Nebraska vs. Michigan State (Huskers win 8-7)

Top 8th

Leadoff single up the middle for MSU but then he gets stuck in a pickle on a pickoff attempt and is eventually tagged out! Single up the middle. A 5-4-3 DP ends the top half!!!

Top 9th

Leadoff dribbler through the left side to start the inning for MSU. Chad Luensmann now in the game to try and close it up for the Huskers. 6-4-3 DP clears the bags!!! Mojo makes a catch flying backwards to win it for the Skers and take thof series!!!

Reactions: saluno22
What happened? Audio stream on my phone cut out when Sharpe said "Hagge going back..."
From the sound of it, you can go watch his catch against Rutgers and just picture it happening in left field instead. Not a home run, but an easy double for sure if he doesn't sell out.

Maryland in a late season swoon, lost to NW today 6-5 and lost the series.

Oh my. And their B1G season is over, on a bye for next week.

Anyone else catch Erstad's comments on Mojo? Not an exact quote, but when he was asked about Mojo's performance in the field despite his struggles at the plate, Erstad commended him for being able to separate his struggles at the plate from his play in the field and contribute positively to the team, then said "Schlepp's been pretty much doing that for 3 years."

Ouch.

Maryland in a late season swoon, lost to NW today 6-5 and lost the series.

Oh my. And their B1G season is over, on a bye for next week.
Crazy to think they'd tank like that. They went from hosting a Regional to potential 3 seed depending on how the conference tourney goes.

Anyone else catch Erstad's comments on Mojo? Not an exact quote, but when he was asked about Mojo's performance in the field despite his struggles at the plate, Erstad commended him for being able to separate his struggles at the plate from his play in the field and contribute positively to the team, then said "Schlepp's been pretty much doing that for 3 years."

Ouch.
Yeah, Schlepp hit .300 two years ago, third best on the team. Last year, not so much.

Crazy to think they'd tank like that. They went from hosting a Regional to potential 3 seed depending on how the conference tourney goes.
Don't forget the other side of that game: Northwestern is now alone in 8th place in the league, 1 game ahead of Michigan State and Illinois (and Rutgers still technically not eliminated).

Illinois won their series with Northwestern.
Michigan State won their series with both Illinois and Northwestern.

Next weekend:
Illinois at Iowa
Michigan State vs. Michigan (Sat game at Michigan)
Northwestern vs. Rutgers

Don't forget the other side of that game: Northwestern is now alone in 8th place in the league, 1 game ahead of Michigan State and Illinois (and Rutgers still technically not eliminated).

Illinois won their series with Northwestern.
Michigan State won their series with both Illinois and Northwestern.

Next weekend:
Illinois at Iowa
Michigan State vs. Michigan (Sat game at Michigan)
Northwestern vs. Rutgers
I will say this has been a much more interesting conference season top to bottom. No world beaters in the conference this year but a lot of decent ball being played right now.

I like how the bottom of the tourney bracket is shaping up. The odds favor us playing Northwestern or Purdue in the first round. I would much prefer either of them to Michigan State.

ADVERTISEMENT