ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday: Nebraska vs. Maryland (Huskers win 8-4)

Top 1st

Meyers on the hill for the Skers and he has a 1-2-3 inning. A couple hard outs though.

Bottom 1st

Leadoff infield chopping single to 3rd for Mojo. 5-4-3 DP for Altavilla. Meyers gets on with an E6. Schreiber walks. Miller with a RBI single to LF to put runners on the corners. Alvarado flies out to shallow LF.

Bottom 2nd

Skers go 1-2-3 but all three hits werehard hits, two of them were robbed by CF and P

Top 4th

Leadoff double for Maryland. Groundout to 2nd advances the runner to 3rd. RBI single to RF. Another single puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Next batter Ks. Groundout to 2nd ends the threat.

In my couch coaching opinion, I think Schreiber needs to shorten up his swing a bit. Seems he is trying to go for the homerun to get out of this short slump. Hope he gets something going soon.

Bottom 4th

One out single to LF for Miller. Alvarado with an infield single to SS, Ben moves to 2nd. Mike Waldron with a single past 2nd to load the bases! Wilkening with an RBI SAC fly to CF!!! Miller's speed beat out the throw! Schlepp Ks.

In my couch coaching opinion, I think Schreiber needs to shorten up his swing a bit. Seems he is trying to go for the homerun to get out of this short slump. Hope he gets something going soon.
Been doing it his whole career here. He really needs to adjust and choose better when to do that. He's leaving too much at the plate.

Reactions: saluno22
Bottom 5th

Leadoff double for Mojo to right centerfield! Altavilla flies out to shallow CF. Meyers walks. Schreiber Ks. Pitching change for Maryland. WP advances the runners a bag. Miller with a huge 2 RBI double to left center!!!! Alvarado grounds out to 1st to end the inning

Miller is now 9/11 in this series with 3 ribbies. National Player of the Week?

Top 6th

Leadoff double for Maryland. Web Gem groundout to SS, runner stays at 2nd. 2 run blast for Contes. Safe to say he's a stud. HBP puts a runner on 1st. Fly out to LF. Meyers picks off the runner for out #3!

Bottom 6th

One out HBP for Wilkening. Pitching change for Maryland. Schlepp returns the favor with a 2 run HR of his own!!! Wasn't as pretty as Contes but it still adds up to be the same. Single past 1st for Mojo! Altavilla grounds out to 3rd but Mojo moves to 2nd. Another pitching change for Maryland. Meyers walks. Schreiber Ks. Did have one over the fence in left but was about 10 feet foul.

Reactions: donahues17
After I seen Contes rip a line drive in the Friday night game, I would have pitched around him every at bat. He has a major league swing.

As for Big Ben that kid is money this weekend.

We discussed Hohensee going for pitcher of the week and someone mentioned if he doesnt get it someone better have had an amazing game to get it. Then I read that someone else had a complete game shutout with 9 strikeouts. Bastard.

Reactions: k9_r and saluno22
Scott blows one out of the park just foul then take called third strike. Tough weekend for the guy.

After I seen Contes rip a line drive in the Friday night game, I would have pitched around him every at bat. He has a major league swing.

As for Big Ben that kid is money this weekend.

We discussed Hohensee going for pitcher of the week and someone mentioned if he doesnt get it someone better have had an amazing game to get it. Then I read that someone else had a complete game shutout with 9 strikeouts. Bastard.
There are too many bad teams for pitchers to look good against. I wish they would take into account level of competition when picking the player of the week honorees.

We discussed Hohensee going for pitcher of the week and someone mentioned if he doesn't get it someone better have had an amazing game to get it. Then I read that someone else had a complete game shutout with 9 strikeouts. Bastard.

Bastard indeed. Tho, at times, the B1G has named co-recipients of the award.

Reactions: donahues17
Bottom 7th

Leadoff single for Miller (kids in beastmode). Alvarado then gets on with a HBP. Pitching change for Maryland. Waldron with a line drive single off of SS's glove to load the bases! Wilkening with an RBI single to LF!!! Bases still loaded and no outs. Schlepp fouls out to 3rd. WP scores another and all runners advance! Mojo grounds out to the catcher. Altavilla grounds out to 3rd.

Top 8th

Leadoff walk for Maryland. Next batter flies out to CF. infield single puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Meyers day is over as he exits to a standing ovation, Chad Luensmann now in to pitch. Fly out to RF, runner from 2nd advances to put them on the corners. K ends the threat!

Top 9th

One out double down the LF line for Maryland. Looked close and may have even been a foul ball. RBI single up the middle. Line drive 5-3 DP ends the game and gives the Huskers the win and the series!

Great weekend. To me, all weekend it had the feel of a mid 2000s era Big 12 series. Great crowd, good teams on both sides. Can't really ask for any more than 4 wins and only one loss in the first two series.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT