ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Game 3: Nebraska vs. Ohio State (Huskers win 11-9)

Top 1st

Meyers starts off with a leadoff single to CF. Altavilla walks. Schreiber getsbon with a HBP. Miller with a 2 RBI single to RF!!! Runners on 1st and 3rd and no outs! Schreiber takes 3rd on a WP to put runners on the corners. Roskam grounds into a 4-6-3 DP but Schreiber does score on the play. Alvarado grounds out to 3rd to end the frame

A win today means being all alone in second place. A loss means a drop to at least fifth and possibly as far as seventh. No excuses. Just get it done.
What's interesting is if Maryland loses and we win we take 1st. Crazy how close the standings are.

Bottom 1st

Meyers on the hill for the Huskers. 1-2-3 they go down in order

Bases loaded, 2nd Inning, OSU down 3-0.
Interesting, a pitching coach who pulls a P who is obviously struggling and brings in one of his best relievers to try and stop the bleeding before the game gets out of hand....... whether it works or not, I hope Silva is paying attention.

Top 2nd

Mojo with a leadoff single up the middle and then steals 2nd. Wilkening Ks. Schlepp grounds out and Mojo stays at 2nd. Meyers hetsbon with a HBP. Altavilla walks the bases loaded on 4 pitches. Pitching change for OSU. Schreiber with an RBI infield single to SS, bases still loaded. Miller gets an RBI HBP. Roskam Ks.

We have left a lot on the base paths...it would be nice if we would have pushed across a few more!

Bottom 2nd

Leadoff HBP for OSU. 6-4-3 DP clears the bases. Groundout to 2nd ends the inning

Man, Indiana just escaped a bases loaded, one out threat with a strike out and ground out. Thought the Terps were going to blow that game open.

Bottom 3rd

Infield single up the middle for OSU. Groundout to SS gets the lead runner at 2nd, hitter safe on the FC. Another infield single puts runners on 1st and 2nd. Next batter Ks. Groundout to Schlepp ends the inning.

Man, Indiana just escaped a bases loaded, one out threat with a strike out and ground out. Thought the Terps were going to blow that game open.
Would be a great game to watch on BTN instead of women's college golf. Thanks Big Ten!

Top 4th

Leadoff single for Schlepp! Meyers flies out to CF. Altavilla slaps a single to CF, Schlepp moves to 2nd. Schreiber pops up to SS. Miller Ks.

Bottom 4th

Leadoff single off of Altavilla's glove for OSU. 3-6-3 DP clears the bases!!! Meyers doing a great job at giving up mostly ground balls. Even the base hits are nothing too crazy. K ends the inning

Top 4th

Leadoff single for Schlepp! Meyers flies out to CF. Altavilla slaps a single to CF, Schlepp moves to 2nd. Schreiber pops up to SS. Miller Ks.

There is a reason beyond talent that the Huskers leave so many runners on base. Just can't figure out what our offensive strategy is. Schlepp leads off with a single with Meyers coming due up, up 5-0. Why not SAC Schlepp over and keep putting pressure on the D, try to keep adding to the lead? If you can't hit for power YOU HAVE TO BE COMPETENT at some small ball. Little things mean a ton in baseball, and the lack of doing these small things prevent teams from consistently beating supposedly less talented teams and going on long winning streaks. OSU is trying to hand us this game with walks/hit batters. 5-0 is nice, but OSU still has life.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
Top 6th

One out HBP for Meyers. Who was it that brought it up about how Meyers is always getting hit on days he pitches? It's got to be like 5 weeks in a row now right? Altavilla flies out to shallow LF. Schreiber grounds out to 2nd

Who was it that brought it up about how Meyers is always getting hit on days he pitches? It's got to be like 5 weeks in a row now right?
I think we're at 4, but I could be wrong. I might go back and look at the Sunday box scores when I have a chance tonight or tomorrow.

Bottom 6th

A 2 out single and an RBI triple for OSU. Groundout to Meyers ends the threat.

Did you hear what the radio guy said about that lightning delay in Bloomington? That would be incredible.

Did you hear what the radio guy said about that lightning delay in Bloomington? That would be incredible.
Any details? This thread is my info source during this game while I'm at a family event.

Top 7th

Leadoff walk for Miller. Roskam also walks. Pitching change for OSU. Alvarado safe on an E6 to load the bases. Mojo grounds Miller out at home but the bases are still loaded. Wilkening gets and RBI HBP. Schlepp with a 2 RBI single to RF to put runners on the corners!!! Meyers Ks. Pitching change for OSU. Altavilla walks the bases loaded. Schreiber with a 2 RBI double to left center!!! Runners on 2nd and 3rd! Miller walks the bases loaded. Roskam Ks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT