ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday April 4th: Nebraska at Illinois - (Huskers win 12-7)

Huskers do nothing in the top of the 3rd

Illinois scores 3 more in the bottom of the 3rd as Illinois hitter friendly ballpark continues to wreak havoc on Husker pitching.

Huskers get a traditional out of the park homer from Hallmark and Chick gets an untraditional inside the park homer to make it a 5-2 game through 3 and a half.

3 up 3 down in the bottom of the 4th

Pitchers maybe getting tired or just a bad weekend. That or Illinois hitters are seeing beach balls to hit this weekend.

Huskers do nothing in the top of the 3rd

Illinois scores 3 more in the bottom of the 3rd as Illinois hitter friendly ballpark continues to wreak havoc on Husker pitching.

Huskers get a traditional out of the park homer from Hallmark and Chick gets an untraditional inside the park homer to make it a 5-2 game through 3 and a half.

3 up 3 down in the bottom of the 4th
The Chick "homer" should have been caught.

Another great comeback. Can’t believe IL left their pitcher in for so long.

Illinois with a solo shot in the bottom of the 5th

2 run homer from Schwellenbach in the bottom of the 5th to make it 6-4.

I really hate this ballpark. Haha fun for a home run derby but good grief.

Top of the 6th

a 3 RBI bases clearing double from Matthews and a 2 run Homerun from Aclear make it a 9-6 game!!!

Frank sets Illinois down 1-2-3 to end the 6th

Illinois with a solo shot in the bottom of the 5th

2 run homer from Schwellenbach in the bottom of the 5th to make it 6-4.

I really hate this ballpark. Haha fun for a home run derby but good grief.

Top of the 6th

a 3 RBI bases clearing double from Matthews and a 2 run Homerun from Aclear make it a 9-6 game!!!

Frank sets Illinois down 1-2-3 to end the 6th
Yeah, I don't get it. 330 down the lines, 370 to the alleys, and 400 to center, but the balls fly out of there.

Illinois adds another run in the bottom half of the 7th to make it a 9-7 ball game.

Top 8th

Matthews works around to eventually steal home to add another run. Then Schwellenbach with an RBI double to LF to make it a 11-7 lead! Chick with an RBI single to add another run.

Bottom 8th

Schwellenbach comes in to put down the Illinois side in order 1-2-3

Pure guts won this series today. Harvell with some serious gonads today, especially late in the game! Two come from behind wins, on the 4th road trip in 5 weekends (3 straight by bus), shows a ton of grit & character.

Koty Frank is the MVP for me today, he came in an extremely tough spot & tossed 3+ for his longest outing of the season and gave us a chance to win. His performance can't be overlooked.

Coaches made a different decision today, compared to Saturday. Mojo was due up against a LHP late in the game & they PH Banjo for him. Ended up working, Banjo got HBP then Matthews hit that bases clearing double in the next at-bat.

Offensively, one heck of a weekend! 42-114 (.369), 9 HR, 4 2B, 10 SB. In a 3-game series.

Last edited:
No quit attitude. Love it. These guys manufacture runs like no baseball team Ive seen before. I gotta stop leaving my phone when they are down a couple runs. But maybe its the good luck charm.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
If anyone wants to follow the stats for the Maryland-Michigan game right now see below. Tied up in the 6th.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT