ADVERTISEMENT

Suh to the Dolphins?

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
Weird place to go, are they very close to winning? I'd think Suh would be setting his sights a little higher personally. If I were Manning, I'd have said reduce my contract whatever you have to, in order to get Suh.

Really?

Either an old article or a misprint. It says the Lions still have until Feb 10 to try signing him before he becomes a free agent.

I'm seeing multiple sources listing the Dolphins as the top contender. Possibly Colts.

$uh's going where the money is. Not a criticism at all. Even the 4 letter network had a story about state taxes affecting his signing. He's a smart guy and could care less about winning if the cash is on the table.

Have read and heard many places his agent will have almost full final say on where he goes. It's about the money first second and third then the winning on this contract.

As incredible as Suh is, I would lose my mind if my beloved Cowboys forked over the kind of money he is going to get. Hell, I don't want the Cowboys to give big money to Demarco. Outside of the QB position, I don't like that kind of money going to any position, except maybe a top 5 WR.

Lots of variables. How many teams have a need there? How many teams have the money? How many teams have even an interest? Florida doesn't have income tax so he can keep more of his money. 30% doesn't go to the gov, he gets to keep it all.

Originally posted by jteten:
As incredible as Suh is, I would lose my mind if my beloved Cowboys forked over the kind of money he is going to get. Hell, I don't want the Cowboys to give big money to Demarco. Outside of the QB position, I don't like that kind of money going to any position, except maybe a top 5 WR.
I love Suh too, but these mega $ players can really bog down a franchise. I agree with paying big $ for a QB, but would spread out the remaining $ across the team.

Originally posted by TruHusker:
Lots of variables. How many teams have a need there? How many teams have the money? How many teams have even an interest? Florida doesn't have income tax so he can keep more of his money. 30% doesn't go to the gov, he gets to keep it all.
He doesn't save 30%. I am not certain, but I think the highest marginal state tax rate is something 12-15%. In Colorado, it's 4.63%.

Originally posted by HuskerAlum92:

He doesn't save 30%. I am not certain, but I think the highest marginal state tax rate is something 12-15%. In Colorado, it's 4.63%.
Even not having to pay a measly 5% state income tax will save Suh well over $1million per year in his base salary alone. Add in a pay raise, his endorsements and other sources of income and it could closer to $2mil/yr. And that's just comparing to low tax states, not California, NY, etc. That's a lot of extra quarterbacks he can stomp on basically for free....

haha my dude, have you ever looked at your pay stub?

The state isn't taking 30%.

And OP, as a fellow bronco fan and denver resident, please pass me what you are smoking.
smokin.r191677.gif

My guess: Oakland

Dark horse: Jets

I haven't followed this Suh saga, but as an outsider I'm thinking Suh swings a deal with Indy. That team has a real chance in the near future and Suh would be a key part of their puzzle.

Originally posted by baseball31ne:
Have read and heard many places his agent will have almost full final say on where he goes. It's about the money first second and third then the winning on this contract.
No.
He gave his agent a very small list of teams he would like to play for.
His agent does not have final say.

Originally posted by Tulsa Tom:
I haven't followed this Suh saga, but as an outsider I'm thinking Suh swings a deal with Indy. That team has a real chance in the near future and Suh would be a key part of their puzzle.
The Colts are going places. Suh would be wise to consider the horseshoe.

no state income tax in washington state either-----however----not enough cap room

It's a mistake to think only income taxes vary by state. So do property and sales taxes. States that have no income tax make it up through these other taxes, and these taxes often focus on consumption. I assume Suh will buy a mansion and other things that most can only dream of. He'll pay a lot in taxes, even in Florida.

I think Suh would look good in the silver and black. I like Suh and I'm not an Oakland fan, but Suh rough & tough reputation is a perfect fit for Oakland and they've got the money to pay him. Oakland doesn't have the facilities or the recent success to attract top free agents and they've got a lot of money to spend. Maybe they make Suh an offer he cannot refuse.

I think he's the dirtiest player in the NFL and it embarrasses me to know he went to Nebraska. I also hope my Chief's pick him up. He's a bad due who will help you win games.

Originally posted by HuskerAlum92:
It's a mistake to think only income taxes vary by state. So do property and sales taxes. States that have no income tax make it up through these other taxes, and these taxes often focus on consumption. I assume Suh will buy a mansion and other things that most can only dream of. He'll pay a lot in taxes, even in Florida.
That's interesting. It seems very regressive.

Originally posted by siegsker:

That's interesting. It seems very regressive.
Not necessarily. Things like groceries may be hardly taxed at all, but luxury items are heavily taxed. And property taxes don't have to be at a flat rate.

The Raiders are WAY under the cap. I think they should sign Suh. Media types are saying that Suh should choose a winning team over taking the most money. In my opinion, I think if Suh doesn't stay put in Detroit, he should go to Oakland. It's pretty common in the NFL to go from really bad to pretty good. With Suh and improving QB play, Oakland could be a threat again in the AFC West.

The Chiefs are my second favorite team so I'd also like to see them pick him up. They'd have to let Houston walk to do so however.

Originally posted by Dean Pope:
The Raiders are WAY under the cap. I think they should sign Suh. Media types are saying that Suh should choose a winning team over taking the most money. In my opinion, I think if Suh doesn't stay put in Detroit, he should go to Oakland. It's pretty common in the NFL to go from really bad to pretty good. With Suh and improving QB play, Oakland could be a threat again in the AFC West.

The Chiefs are my second favorite team so I'd also like to see them pick him up. They'd have to let Houston walk to do so however.
Mark Davis is not a good owner and this team will never go anywhere if he meddles.
Carr looks like the real deal, though.

Originally posted by Dean Pope:

Oakland is last place anyone hoping to win should go....ever.

With the money Oakland has to spend. The new coaching staff. The proximity to his family. The bay area. I would be surprised if he didn't go there. plus, he epitomizes what the Raiders have always been about not including the last 10 years.

With the money Oakland has to spend. The new coaching staff. The proximity to his family. The bay area. I would be surprised if he didn't go there. plus, he epitomizes what the Raiders have always been about not including the last 10 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT