ADVERTISEMENT

Student-Athletes Will Soon Be Social Media Influencers.

Kudos to Bill Moos and Scott for pushing the envelope on this. If there is one thing I know Scott learned from Phil Knight at Oregon, it's that as a business (and no matter what business) you have to continue to innovate to get ahead of the competition.

On the other hand, I have no idea how an 18-19 year old kid is going to handle the emotional, financial and physical pressure without good guidance. This goes for not just athletes but common lay people. Having a man like Scott (as well as other head coaches in the athletic department) definitely helps to lead these young kids through this self-branding internet renaissance.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo

meanwhile, look what these idiots to the east are doing

Last edited:
I thought Martinez's scholarship was enough compensation though??? If he can make $150k on just twitter and instagram, how much value is he bringing to the university?

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I said it before...this was not a big deal for football. The money will be going to hot female college athletes.

That is an untapped market until now. Clothing, bikinis, makeup, hair products, workout stuff, diet stuff, food, college clothing, greek life...

This could be absolutely huge for Nebraska.

You can look at the Husker football environment 1 of 2 ways
1) The best/most dedicated fans in the game
2) A fishbowl/high pressure situation.

And you'd be right either way...

But the fishbowl becomes a lot more appealing when expressing serious interest, committing to, and playing for Nebraska earns you 50k that year. Hell, we even had a few recruits in the Riley era playing us for twitter followers when there was 0 compensation.

I think analytics could really run with this. The average # of twitter/ig followers earn by Nebraska compared to other schools, and what that will mean in terms of compensation for posts. Becomes another scholarship at that point.

Except the consequences of this.

Everyone doesnt supports the school doesnt think the same.

ADVERTISEMENT