ADVERTISEMENT

Strikeout Stats

Dec 2, 2014
Overall this team is striking out the opponent at a much higher rate than the prior three years in the Erstad era. Here's the team K per 9 innings by year.

2012: 5.71
2013: 5.48
2014: 5.79
2015: 6.77

Of course, I just realized I could choose just about any pitching stat and it would show this kind of improvement. But this is one where I could just feel we were getting more strikeouts, so I went back to look it up.

I agree Robster. Haven't looked at the official stats but from what I've followed so far this year the free passes have to be down considerably. Combine that with the K improvement and you have a rather dramatic change.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

We got 19 strikeouts in yesterday's 15 inning game. That's a lot. Texas has very good pitching and they managed just nine Ks. Hope Derek can keep the ball rolling today.

On phone so it was a little hard to see the stats.......but looks like we are at 2.75 as a staff this year so far and last years squad was 1.4 for the season. K's this year are up but it appesrs we are also on pace to walk 50+ less hitters.

Originally posted by bigredrl:
On phone so it was a little hard to see the stats.......but looks like we are at 2.75 as a staff this year so far and last years squad was 1.4 for the season. K's this year are up but it appears we are also on pace to walk 50+ less hitters[/B].
This is the really big change. Pitcher after pitcher, we are in the zone this year. That and the fact we have surrendered just two unearned runs through yesterday's game. Amazing stat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT