ADVERTISEMENT

Strike three - and you’re out!

The level of apathy towards this program should be alarming to the university president, athletic director and board of regents. I was in TJ Maxx on 120th and center yesterday. They have got rows of Husker gear on discount. I haven't bought anything myself in quite a while. I've gotten pretty indifferent to it all.
Not many stores are selling much in store merchandise right now other than WalMart. You do realize that this is the normal time of year where merchandisers start to discount items as well right? Hell my local farm store is running 10-20% discounts on just about everything in the store and more on some clothing items.

Great thread and takes. I think 99% of the #fireFrost movement is hyperbole at this point. Nebraska football fans can/will be patient with gradual progress, but they're not stupid and know bad football and coaching when they see it. The mind-blowing playcalling has already been hashed out. To the untrained eye, the offense has clearly regressed since the 2nd half of the '18 season. That team had AM the best he has looked, and a bunch of Riley guys. Is Verduzco just ruining the QBs in the offseason? The program spent a lot of time ranting and raving about wanting to play, and half the time this year have acted like they don't. And Frost's "random excuse generator" has got to end.

If I'm Frost, I'm considering these questions in the offseason:
1) Do I truly want to coach here? (and if the answer is no, there's no shame in that. Florida is a nice place to live)
2) Do I have all the financial resources to succeed here? (hint: the answer is yes)
3) Do I truly believe I can recruit AND RETAIN the level of talent I need for my offensive scheme to be successful in the B1G? If that answer is no, am I willing to change my scheme to be successful? Am I willing to turn my team into Wisconsin, Iowa, ISU, KSU to be respectful again?
4) Am I truly holding/willing to hold my assistant coaches accountable for the performance of their units, and take corrective measures if necessary, even if that means firing my friends?
5) Am I willing to put "the dudes" on the field that may not be students of the game Sunday-Friday but will make plays for me on Saturday?

I really don't think anyone wants Frost to fail, but we certainly don't want this for the foreseeable future.
Florida may be nice to live, but that option unless he wanted to step down a notch is no longer available to him. We're stuck with each other for the forseeable future so we better figure out a way to make this work. I think we will. After having time to reflect on the whole picture, I'm still going to be patient. Tremendously frustrating year....again, but we aren't changing coaches and bitching about it isn't going to help anybody.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT