ADVERTISEMENT

Strength results

no, probably our hardest worker though. Dude has drive.

Yep. Go listen to the Joe Rogan Podcast with Marcus Luttrell. The SEAL community has dudes that do insane things. Marcus said multiple times he was not the most athletic dude in the world, but no one would outwork him and no one would exert more energy trying to win. Jackson comes from that community and is just a machine physically because of his makeup mentally. That is what a lot of people lack these days is the mental makeup of what he has.

Yep. Go listen to the Joe Rogan Podcast with Marcus Luttrell. The SEAL community has dudes that do insane things. Marcus said multiple times he was not the most athletic dude in the world, but no one would outwork him and no one would exert more energy trying to win. Jackson comes from that community and is just a machine physically because of his makeup mentally. That is what a lot of people lack these days is the mental makeup of what he has.

Believe it or not there are plenty of SEALs that don't look the part. Some are physical freaks, many are not.

I'm too far removed from the situation to have any idea where Jackson would rate with 150 dudes in a weight room but it wouldn't surprise me at all if there were several more freakish athletes than him.

He's got life experience and that drive thing going though.

Reactions: GaRed
I was there. Hotter than HELL, and NU had over 400 yards rushing in the first HALF. That was the game ASU coach Bruce (something) shouted something at Osborne as they approached midfield after the game.
I started coaching at Boys Town, Mount Michael had for years beat the shit out of us. Well, things started to change when BT got a really good HC. One year, before playing MM the HC said "None of you guys are coming out tonight, we are going to score and score and score"

And we did...it was like 77-7. Next season was more of the same.

I worked with a strength coach that used to be on the strength and conditioning staff back in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. I asked him who the biggest freak was in testing. He responded very quickly with Dan Alexander. He said they would test the guys at the beginning of winter conditioning when they were all supposed to have been resting resting and he was the only guy who every mark went up.

I worked with a strength coach that used to be on the strength and conditioning staff back in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. I asked him who the biggest freak was in testing. He responded very quickly with Dan Alexander. He said they would test the guys at the beginning of winter conditioning when they were all supposed to have been resting resting and he was the only guy who every mark went up.

There was a former walk-on that wrote a book and claimed they actually had to ask Dan Alexander to stop lifting because he was putting on muscle so easily. Not a lot of 6'0" 250 pound RBs that can make a house call out there.

Reactions: x35goahs
I ran into a former Husker RB not that long ago, he's on an NFL roster right now. His team lists him at 6'0" 220. I'd have estimated him at about 5'10" 205ish. Every single team at every level embellishes these numbers.

Many on here claim Marvin Scott is 210 pounds...

Winking

Snyder. Oddly he didn't apologize for calling the blitz that led to us having a wide open receiver. When you're down 70-28 with a minute left, just line up and get the game over with. If you're going to play strategy at that point, how can you blame the other team for responding?

He should have been thrilled we only scored 14 in the second half. We could have gone for a hundo.

I started coaching at Boys Town, Mount Michael had for years beat the shit out of us. Well, things started to change when BT got a really good HC. One year, before playing MM the HC said "None of you guys are coming out tonight, we are going to score and score and score"

And we did...it was like 77-7. Next season was more of the same.
[/QUhundred.

What year was this?

He should have been thrilled we only scored 14 in the second half. We could have gone for a hundo.
Oh God, I think we could have scored 180 in that game. It was like watching the 1985 bears play against a high school JV squad, and that really isn't an exaggeration. Pacific put up more of a fight than ASU did, and they shut down their football program the next year because it was so pathetic.

Reactions: timnsun
He started to see some more snaps last year in a reserve role. I think he could definitely be a situational guy for us, but he’s a bit of a tweener to push for a more significant role in my opinion.
I think he played some special teams. Didn't he play on kick offs? He would scare the hell out of me if I saw him running down the field full bore wanting to tear my head off. He's a guy who I LOVE to have on the team. It wouldn't surprise me if he would wound up coaching or as a S&C guy when he's done playing. Finding or making him a job in the weight room would probably be a wise investment.

I was at game at Memorial Stadium in 95 when we destroyed ASU. All the backs went off that day sans L.P. Like 700 yards rushing and 77 points. Against Saban and MSU the week before all the backs had a field day as well. If memory serves after MSU was when LP got into trouble and suspended.
Clinton Childs took the snaps that day and had over 200 yards rushing as LP was suspended and Damon Benning was hurt.

Clinton Childs took the snaps that day and had over 200 yards rushing as LP was suspended and Damon Benning was hurt.
Pretty sure Benning wasn't hurt. Someone threw out a false accusation against him and it took a week for them to prove it wasn't legit.

Reactions: Wyldcard
I think he played some special teams. Didn't he play on kick offs? He would scare the hell out of me if I saw him running down the field full bore wanting to tear my head off. He's a guy who I LOVE to have on the team. It wouldn't surprise me if he would wound up coaching or as a S&C guy when he's done playing. Finding or making him a job in the weight room would probably be a wise investment.
Yes, he played on kickoff coverage. But dude is so slow.

JD Spielman magically lost about 20lbs when he transferred to TCU. He was listed as 185 for us and was really about 167. He was 5’ 8 1/2” and we listed him at 5’9”. We always round up about 10lbs on weight and an inch or so on height.

Reactions: WHCSC
Somebody wanted to know how Suh tested... well here are his NFL combine results.

40 Yard Dash: 5.03 seconds
20 Yard Split: 2.81 seconds
10 Yard Split: 1.69 seconds
Bench Press: 32 reps (225 lb)
Vertical Leap: 35.5 inches
Broad Jump: 105 inches
20 Yd Shuttle: 4.44 seconds
Three Cone: 7.21 seconds

Last edited:
Somebody wanted to know how Sub tested... well here are his NFL combine results.

Sub?

Somebody wanted to know how Sub tested... well here are his NFL combine results.

Who is Sub?

Funny thing is even with those numbers Sims was 4th string RB? L.P, Ahman, Damon B, C. Childs. So much talent back then. Curtis Cotton also holds record for the DBs.
Fryar ran a 4.23 electronic.! L P ran a 4.42 at 226 lbs Basically our whole society has excepted mediocrity and think a 4.7 is blazing for a incoming RB. Coach Frost does not encourage speed work like he does back squats. Until we get serious about Speed again we will never be able to compete with a Alabama or Ohio State or Oklahoma again!

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
Fryar ran a 4.23 electronic.! L P ran a 4.42 at 226 lbs Basically our whole society has excepted mediocrity and think a 4.7 is blazing for a incoming RB. Coach Frost does not encourage speed work like he does back squats. Until we get serious about Speed again we will never be able to compete with a Alabama or Ohio State or Oklahoma again!

200.gif

So Damian Jackson is our best athlete? Or these indexes are very misleading and full of smoke.
There is no damn way these make any sense D Jackson is slow as molasses. His 40 time has to be over 5.3 seconds. His 40 score is 750ish, Cam Jurgens score is 515ish and CTB is 650ish makes no sense whatsoever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT