ADVERTISEMENT

Streaming & Coverage

chrsmneric

Walk On
May 30, 2017
What is the best streaming service for college football? I just need service for the season. Has Cox dropped their pricing enough to compete yet?

Currently have a Fire stick ... Is there a better hardware on the market?

I know this has been discussed previously but when I use the search it only shows links to premium board? Plus what better time for a refresher.

Last edited:
Running Vue as well and don’t have any issues for the most part. It is behind cable by 15-20 secs though..

I've had PS Vue in the past and it was pretty good. At least when I had it, worked best on my PS4, interface was a little slow on Fire Stick, but it may have improved. To get BTN on PS Vue, you have to get Elite package, which is $54.99 a month; you can get BTN on Hulu Live which is $10 cheaper at $44.99 a month. I currently have Hulu Live and it works really well. Use it on a Fire Stick sometimes, and it works pretty well on there.

Reactions: chrsmneric
Youtube TV is $49.99 per month. BTN is part of the standard line up here in Florida. They say you can dvr unlimited items, which drop off after 9 months. I tested it during the spring game and it worked pretty well.

I have Hulu Live. It’s $45/month and it comes with Hulu. I run it off Apple TV and off a chromecast (on different TVs). We like it so far. It’s been 3 months. And you get Hulu with it, which is a bonus. It has DVR too.

Youtube TV is $49.99 per month. BTN is part of the standard line up here in Florida. They say you can dvr unlimited items, which drop off after 9 months. I tested it during the spring game and it worked pretty well.
I don't think YouTube TV is available for the Firestick yet, but it's going to be. My advice would be to try PS Vue and switch to YouTube TV when it becomes available.

Thank you for insight!

I can agree, when I had PS Vue and used the PlayStation it was a better OS than the Fire stick, I did buy the aftermarket remote that was licensed by PlayStation and it flat out sucks. Never branched out and tried Hulu or YouTube...you have me convinced to go PS Vue.

Been using DirectTVNOW w/ roku for a while and it’s been fine, but they just switched the service to become AT&T, so we’ll see. Recently they dropped CBS which is a minor issue, hoping it gets resolved.
There was a good website I found that had the channel lineup comparisons between different service providers.
Comedy Central was a channel I wanted that wasn’t included on some other providers.

Ps vue guy here. Have Apple TV 4K and ps4 pro. Both work excellent. Only prefer vue because I am a 32 year old who still plays games.

YouTube tv is pretty good as well, dvr has unlimited.

Took me a long time to get off cable/dish, but I finally pulled the trigger in January of this year and went with YouTube TV. I like the interface and it looks more like the cable/dish guides. Unlimited DVR and only $50 a month and running it through Roku.

I had Dish before and the only thing missing is the Pac-12 network, not a big deal, but it was nice to catch some late night games. I did see that Youtube TV is adding the ACC Network when they kick off in a couple days.

Been using DirectTVNOW w/ roku for a while and it’s been fine, but they just switched the service to become AT&T, so we’ll see. Recently they dropped CBS which is a minor issue, hoping it gets resolved.
There was a good website I found that had the channel lineup comparisons between different service providers.
Comedy Central was a channel I wanted that wasn’t included on some other providers.

Suppose.tv is the website you're thinking of. Select the channels you want to get and it sorts your streaming options for you. https://www.suppose.tv/tv

I have Hulu live and get BTN, been happy with it, get a lot of sports. Only thing I don’t get is MLB Network, but have MLB package separate.

I use ps Vue with FireTV. Lots of sports. Been thinking about cutting tv altogether. I can find most games streaming online these days. Hard to cut at the start of football season though.

I prefer Vue or YouTube TV over Hulu Live, the main reason being I want to be able to skip effing commercials—especially on shows I’ve DVR’d—without paying an additional fee. Hulu likes to nickel and dime their customers for features that are standard with their competitors. (At least that was the case for Vue previously, but I haven’t used in two years.)

Direct tv has been in a stall mate with ABC and CBS in Sioux City all summer. They have a couple more weeks before I have to do something different.

Took me a long time to get off cable/dish, but I finally pulled the trigger in January of this year and went with YouTube TV. I like the interface and it looks more like the cable/dish guides. Unlimited DVR and only $50 a month and running it through Roku.

I had Dish before and the only thing missing is the Pac-12 network, not a big deal, but it was nice to catch some late night games. I did see that Youtube TV is adding the ACC Network when they kick off in a couple days.
Did not know that ACC was being added. I would like PAC 12 network.

lol.. to be honest, I rarely watch the tv. I will sign up with someone for the Husker season, but then shut it down afterwards. I think I am addicted to Youtube.
same here.
i surf the internet for most of my infotainment.
ill probably hook back up with youtube or whatever for the fall/winter and cut loose in january.

Reactions: Sooner_or_Later
The ACC Network is expected to launch with at least 34 million subscribers, and distribution deals are in place with, among others, DirecTV, Charter/Spectrum and Verizon Fios, along with Hulu, Google Fiber, YouTube TV and PlayStation Vue. The network will also air content on a streaming platform, ACC Network Extra, bringing the total of events scheduled for broadcast to 1,350.

ADVERTISEMENT