ADVERTISEMENT

Storming the field?

Would a win vs Ohio St be storm the field worthy?

• 100% Yes

Votes: 97 58.4%
  • Meh, Nope

Votes: 69 41.6%

• Total voters

husker2612

Recruiting Coordinator
Nov 29, 2010
Would a win vs Ohio St be storm the field worthy? When is the last time Nebraska stormed the field?

Absolutely not!! Act like you've been there before.
Uhh dude, I havnt been there before. I'm 25 years old, and my first Husker memories are watching Jammal Lord play. I havn't experienced a victory equivalent to what Saturday could be. Closest thing I've seen would be our Missouri win in 2010 or Michigan State in 2015.

That is my stance. Sorry, but a P5 beating a P5 isn't storm the field worthy imo.

However I do find it funny that we stormed Colorado's field once, though I don't personally remember it.

You probably hate fireworks, carnivals, ax throwing and all kinds of other fun stuff don't you?

Well, I'm pretty sure we stormed the field two weeks in a row back in 1992 and tore down the goalposts, and the teams we beat were nowhere near as good as OSU this year, so I'm going with yep.

Absolutely not!! Act like you've been there before.
The problem is not a student on campus has "been there before" we have sucked for 20 years. Half the people in the stands haven't been there before or hardly remember Nebraska being great. We are 4- 24 vs top 10 team since 2000. It is has been a looooong time since we have, "been there".
This is why many fan-bases hate Nebraska, our arrogance and view that we are somehow better than all others, even though we have done nothing in over 20 years. We get back to a top level team again, winning conf and NC we have the right to be arrogant Ass holes and I will happily be one of them.
I agree with 99% of other teams even maybe if we beat another top 5 team, we shouldn't storm the field. Like when we beat iowa this year, not even close to storm the field worthy. Even a Wisc win I don't think is storm the field worth. When we beat #6 Mich St a few year I don't believe we even did. A team like Ohio St, I think would be. Clemson, Alabama would probably be the only other worthy teams.
This would be one of the biggest wins over the last 20 years. Not only in the fact we actually beat a top 10 team but the fact that there is proof the rebuild is working. This win would not only give confidence to the players, coaches and team but to the whole fanbase as well. If there was ever a time to be overly excited about a win this would be the one.

Last edited:
Reactions: cvogele29
Im a storm the field hater.

But you ABSOLUTELY storm the field if you beat OSU this year.
Wont have to worry about it, unfortunately.

Reactions: husker2612
That is my stance. Sorry, but a P5 beating a P5 regular season isn't storm the field worthy imo.

However I do find it funny that we stormed Colorado's field once, though I don't personally remember it.

Also if we win I won't really give a **** what we do.
So we should have never stormed the field ever because those were p5vs P5 regular season games?? I think it's worthy. Don't expect the W, so I say yes if we do. As far as act like you've been there, we have a whole generation that doesn't know what that is. So yes, anyone in 20's and younger lead the way unless you need me to help. If so then move over. I've been part of several goal post tear downs and travels to o street. Then I stopped at a bar

Let me guess, you wear Affliction T-shirts, have a barbed wire tattoo on your bicep, and drink milk straight from the jug?

Winking
Nothing wrong with drinking milk from the jug. Saves the environment. Less dishes so less soap so less pollution.....planet saved

Boooooooo!
Anyone under 30 has NOT been there before and can't remember being even close.(also...I am substantially over 30 and do remember it and still think it would be a grand gesture to storm the field with a victory!)
tumblr_n0u70xQhHB1s03x0vo1_500.gif

Uhh dude, I havnt been there before. I'm 25 years old, and my first Husker memories are watching Jammal Lord play. I havn't experienced a victory equivalent to what Saturday could be. Closest thing I've seen would be our Missouri win in 2010 or Michigan State in 2015.
Then I say hell yes. Storm the field. What,are we gonna lose national respect because we do it? F the “act like you been there before” crowd. We haven’t been there in the modern era.

Then I say hell yes. Storm the field. What,are we gonna lose national respect because we do it? F the “act like you been there before” crowd. We haven’t been there in the modern era.

The supposedly "best fans in college football" should know better but every fan base has their idiots.

The problem is not a student on campus has "been there before" we have sucked for 20 years. Half the people in the stands haven't been there before or hardly remember Nebraska being great. We are 4- 24 vs top 10 team since 2000. It is has been a looooong time since we have, "been there"

Good point. The freshmen at Nebraska this fall have no concept of Nebraska being a national power in football. As far as they know, the Cornhuskers have always sucked.

And storming the field is a student thing. There shouldn't be 50 year old guys out there trying to tear down goal posts. If the students want to do it, then let them do it. It's their university.

When was the last time Nebraska stormed memorial stadium? Surely it was after 78 ou win but I can’t remember

I wanna give this a thumbs up, cuz it made me laugh.... but then I realized that it’s been that long since we’ve really done anything.... and that makes me not wanna give the like:(

NOOOO!

Also, don't drink before the game, don't wear black, DO NOT STAND, don't say a bad word, clap for the other team all game long, don't be loud...

Oh wait...this is college football and every fan that would storm the field is in college and doesn't remember the 90s...yes, storm away and enjoy!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT