Blackshirt
Jul 10, 2008
Spring Lake, NC
We need consistancy.
We have a solid staff.
They're proven.
But they still have a lot to learn too.
This is a rebuild.
Our roster talent wise, position need wise and mentality wise was terrible.

Stop calling for heads and give this time.

They've shown glimpses already.
That was the best first half of football we have seen in YEARS.
The second half was what we've seen for YEARS.

We need consistancy.
We have a solid staff.
They're proven.
This is a rebuild.

Chinander hasn't proven shit! The guy is a Loser, and our defense will be a loser while he coaches it.

No one is asking for coaching changes - just for the coaches we do have to be a good deal better

Our head coach is top 10 nationally in salary and his staff just got done getting worked by someone named Mel Tucker.

We need consistancy.
We have a solid staff.
They're proven.
This is a rebuild.

I mean, people forget that there’s still Mike Riley players on this team.

I think most realize nobody is leaving. But people should probably come to grips with Chinander handing out Swiss cheese. Going to take a hell of an offense to win a Big Ten Title with that guy leading the defense.

I think most realize nobody is leaving. But people should probably come to grips with Chinander handing out Swiss cheese. Going to take a hell of an offense to win a Big Ten Title with that guy leading the defense.

Defense kept us in the game the first half today and won us the game last week. Anyone calling for chins to be fired is a freaking idiot

Defense kept us in the game the first half today and won us the game last week. Anyone calling for chins to be fired is a freaking idiot

Yes. The offense did nothing in the first half. All defense.

24 points in the fourth quarter. Cheap suit. Rinse repeat.

Game should have been over before the fourth quarter. If you can’t see the improvement in the defense then you can’t be helped. Defense is ahead of schedule at this point.

When you set the bar so low last year you have nowhere to go but up.

Let’s see where they finish this year. I’m going to guess it’s similar to Chinander’s previous years.

We need consistancy.
We have a solid staff.
They're proven.
This is a rebuild.

The problem most are having is we had our eyes opened to what kind of staff we have today, and it’s not overly encouraging. More years ahead of big talk and underperformance. Really hoped it was different this time...

Reactions: Huskred01
When you set the bar so low last year you have nowhere to go but up.

Let’s see where they finish this year. I’m going to guess it’s similar to Chinander’s previous years.

You can only work with what you’re given. Defense was a dumpster fire when he took over. Continually changing coordinators is not the way to build success. The kids need consistency in scheme and coaching to get better. This isn’t PlayStation.

Colorado has had their rookie staff for two games and made Frost and Co. look like incompetent clowns in the second half - complete clowns. Geezus, we were a mess the second half, just like we were a complete mess last week.

No, we shouldn’t fire the staff. If this doesn’t work, nothing will. Ever. This has to work or we become less than Iowa.

But for Christ’s sake, this was a bad loss. Just terrible. This was the equivalent of Riley’s sh1t show at Illinois a few years ago.

How in the hell is this outfit going to get to 6 wins? Next week may be the last win of the year - and next week is not a guaranteed win.

NU is a hot mess. This was beyond disastrous today.

Colorado has had their rookie staff for two games and made Frost and Co. look like incompetent clowns in the second half - complete clowns. Geezus, we were a mess the second half, just like we were a complete mess last week.

No, we shouldn’t fire the staff. If this doesn’t work, nothing will. Ever. This has to work or we become less than Iowa.

But for Christ’s sake, this was a bad loss. Just terrible. This was the equivalent of Riley’s sh1t show at Illinois a few years ago.

How in the hell is this outfit going to get to 6 wins? Next week may be the last win of the year - and next week is not a guaranteed win.

NU is a hot mess. This was beyond disastrous today.
Well said.

Are you kidding me? These coaches make really good money and have shown us nothing. Husker fans deserve better. The Play calling was horrible last Saturday. There are no adjustments ever since SF has been here. We are trending backwards. Our QB is playing worse than last year. He looks scared. We may only win 4 games this year after the last 2 games. We are not a good team right now. Changes need to be made.

We need consistancy.
We have a solid staff.
They're proven.
This is a rebuild.

This post just transported me back to 2016, 2013, 2007, 1962

You guys calling for coaching changes 1 year in are POISON to ANY program let alone this one that probably needs a good chunk of stability. 7 years is what Frost is going to get at a minimum.

1 year? You serious?

Now I'm not on board with the Iowa head in the sand mentality about keeping a guy on for 20 years with maybe a BCS game or two. ...

But 1 damn year?!

Put the keyboard down. Go cry it off. Have your wives rub your belly. Then maybe after the waves of sobbing subside and you realize its been 1 damn year you can be understood.

But right now it's hard to hear you through all that ridiculous blubbering.

I see the propaganda mafia is playing the - "criticism of coaching = calling for a coaching change" card
classic counter tactic to deflect any coaching criticism

If we had hired a Mel Tucker or whomever the Maryland coach happens to be there would not be this degree of cover for a coaching staff that to date has underperformed even the lowest of expectations

no one in their right mind is calling for firings

Last edited:
Reactions: KinnicksRightFoot
I point the finger at the coaching staff. I'm convinced that we have more talent than they do, we just don't have our guys ready. Especially on the O-line, and that may take another year or two for those guys to be better conditioned, stronger, and quicker. The other position groups need more reps and better coaching.

Maybe instead of scouring the nation's JUCO ranks for "speed guys" we should be more focused on bringing in JUCO transfer O-linemen.

We need consistancy.
We have a solid staff.
They're proven.
This is a rebuild.

i can't handle you being reasonable.
can flip out a little more next time?

Reactions: Sinomatic
I point the finger at the coaching staff. I'm convinced that we have more talent than they do, we just don't have our guys ready. Especially on the O-line, and that may take another year or two for those guys to be better conditioned, stronger, and quicker. The other position groups need more reps and better coaching.

Maybe instead of scouring the nation's JUCO ranks for "speed guys" we should be more focused on bringing in JUCO transfer O-linemen.
I agree with you on juco linemen because the juco skilled players have basically taken a scholarship haven’t got anything out of Williams,Woodyard, bell supposed to be top ranked running back left after 3 games and mills is so far a bust

Reactions: otismotis08
Our defense actually did quite well up until they got gased.

They were on the field the same amount of time as Colorado.

If they were gased then Duval needs to stop getting pats on the back. But, I’m sure this next offseason will be the best offseason for strength and conditioning. Going on twenty years straight now.

Reactions: Huskred01
...and what about the S&C program? W
They were on the field the same amount of time as Colorado.

If they were gased then Duval needs to stop getting pats on the back. But, I’m sure this next offseason will be the best offseason for strength and conditioning. Going on twenty years straight now.

True. It seems S&C is the most over-hyped aspect of our program...year after year...with nothing to show for it. Where is the work ethic that we all talk about?

A damn fine post sir. Just as you mention, without a mean & vicious OLine you really don't have much of anything. Sure, you can do the fluff-ball thing and throw the ball everywhere and get "some" success but no where even remotely close to greatness. Clownahan & Smiling Mike tried their best, but.....

My bet is that HCSF knows that way, way better than I do but it's just not a five minute task.

We need consistancy.
We have a solid staff.
They're proven.
This is a rebuild.

As I posted elsewhere, anyone who thinks that we should be changing any coach is an idiot. And I don't argue with idiots.

Reactions: GILL T and tpmcg
A damn fine post sir. Just as you mention, without a mean & vicious OLine you really don't have much of anything. Sure, you can do the fluff-ball thing and throw the ball everywhere and get "some" success but no where even remotely close to greatness. Clownahan & Smiling Mike tried their best, but.....

My bet is that HCSF knows that way, way better than I do but it's just not a five minute task.

The venerable "pipeline" seems to be a unicorn at this point. But we must find it again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT