ADVERTISEMENT

Stock Market: Major Happening?

Okay, but I would check out what's happened with that stock over the past 3-4 years. They used to absolutely rule the supermarket shelf space, but times changed and I don't see a reversal of that trend.

KHC, has a 10.5 PE ratio and 5.5% DY. I'm betting growth in earnings while it's priced for zero earnings growth in perpetuity.

NO Thanks, I’m doing fine with Apple,Nivida,Tesla and Alphabet.;)
Kicking myself for not buying Tesla at 600 a few weeks back. I really like that company. I read a ton about what they are doing and this is a revolutionary company IMO. They're not strictly an electric car maker. Their plans are way ahead of the pack.

KHC, has a 10.5 PE ratio and 5.5% DY. I'm betting growth in earnings while it's priced for zero earnings growth in perpetuity.

I should rephrase. "The company is crap" is insulting animal feces.

The company is raw radioactive sewage. And I might be insulting that too.

Kicking myself for not buying Tesla at 600 a few weeks back. I really like that company. I read a ton about what they are doing and this is a revolutionary company IMO. They're not strictly an electric car maker. Their plans are way ahead of the pack.

Careful with that one. I've heard some conflicting things about Tesla. There's an obsessed guy on Twitter that follows Musk's private plane everywhere and apparently he spends a lot of time in Sinaloa Cartel country.

It isnt the worst bet if inflation keeps hitting food hard for one reason -- a lot of people won't be able to afford much else.

But the company is crap.

Just part of my portfolio, wouldn't surprise me if Berkshire makes a buyout offer during the upcoming crash sometime in the next 2 years.

Is this why there has been recent sabre rattling between the two countries? Need to move more of it to the Phillipines and Vietnam too.

Yes, personnaly I like the Phillipines for business, Labor is cheaper than China, and they have an excellent work ethic for the most part.

Careful with that one. I've heard some conflicting things about Tesla. There's an obsessed guy on Twitter that follows Musk's private plane everywhere and apparently he spends a lot of time in Sinaloa Cartel country.
Tesla is planning to make their motors and license them for EVERYTHING. Tractor trailers, ATVs, UTVs, lawnmowers, motorcycles, airplanes, box trucks, and on and on and on. Do not underestimate Musks ambitions. As they dominate the battery space with their own factories and get the cost way down, which they have made major strides at, look out world. It's like watching a modern day version of Ford Motor companies evolution from the past.

Reactions: huntered
I should rephrase. "The company is crap" is insulting animal feces.

The company is raw radioactive sewage. And I might be insulting that too.
I just don't see them ever getting any shelf space back, given that younger consumers have moved on to other brands and products. Doesn't mean they'll sink to the bottom shelves alongside Wonderbread and Little Debbie snack cakes, but I don't see a turnaround coming.

Reactions: huntered
I just don't see them ever getting any shelf space back, given that younger consumers have moved on to other brands and products. Doesn't mean they'll sink to the bottom shelves alongside Wonderbread and Little Debbie snack cakes, but I don't see a turnaround coming.

Scenario : massive printing causes massive inflation.

All that other shelf space costs way more and people can't afford it, quality be damned.

That's the scenario I'm referring to. Their costs would be hammered in that case as well is the downside.

It makes sense in an assbackwards way... they're still raw sewage.

Tesla is planning to make their motors and license them for EVERYTHING. Tractor trailers, ATVs, UTVs, lawnmowers, motorcycles, airplanes, box trucks, and on and on and on. Do not underestimate Musks ambitions. As they dominate the battery space with their own factories and get the cost way down, which they have made major strides at, look out world. It's like watching a modern day version of Ford Motor companies evolution from the past.

We will see. Musk's ambitions and reality are two different things. There's a reason why some call him Enron Musk.

Reactions: Crazyhole
And they love all things American, especially our garbage pop culture.

I had a guy in my uber a couple years back. Vet who moved to the phillipines in his 60s and married a 25 year old. Some of the stories were outrageous but that fact shone through. They are very family oriented and loyal.

I actually shorted Tesla yesterday, I think they're full of sh_t, financial accounting fraud is my guess, he always lies repeatedly. We're suppose to have millions of robo taxis this year! He said that last year to raise $2.5 billion which he needed to avoid bankruptcy. Same thing this year, he needs to sell even more stock to the public to avoid bankruptcy. This is after the February $2 billion secondary stock sale. Tesla and Musk's companies never make any real earnings and positive cash flow. They always burn cash and hype the stock with cult followers.

Volume still strong through supports. They are gonna stop it if this doesn't bounce soon.

Very interesting...look at Dow Jones and Bitcoin today. Both down exactly the same % at this time. Has "somebody" finally "tethered" the price of Bitcoin to the stock market?

Perhaps a coincidence, but I am going to keep an eye on that.

Very interesting...look at Dow Jones and Bitcoin today. Both down exactly the same % at this time. Has "somebody" finally "tethered" the price of Bitcoin to the stock market?

Perhaps a coincidence, but I am going to keep an eye on that.

Watch oil volume over the next month. Its the only indicator left that means a damn.

Watch oil volume over the next month. Its the only indicator left that means a damn.

Not using Bitcoin as an indicator. Just watching it to see if the people with big money actually believe in it and plan to deploy it as a true asset.

Not using Bitcoin as an indicator. Just watching it to see if the people with big money actually believe in it and plan to deploy it as a true asset.
Oh. Yeah, not a chance of that happening. Too much risk involved in this environment, plus the banks can't use it on their balance sheets which is where almost all of this rebalancing is coming from.

I actually shorted Tesla yesterday, I think they're full of sh_t, financial accounting fraud is my guess, he always lies repeatedly. We're suppose to have millions of robo taxis this year! He said that last year to raise $2.5 billion which he needed to avoid bankruptcy. Same thing this year, he needs to sell even more stock to the public to avoid bankruptcy. This is after the February $2 billion secondary stock sale. Tesla and Musk's companies never make any real earnings and positive cash flow. They always burn cash and hype the stock with cult followers.
well there is some truth to this, but he's in new industries too, so people are buying forward looking earnings... not sure what the multiple is, but I hope he is successful, at least to get us off oil and his other endeavors. I don't think of him as liar though, more of a dreamer/engineer.. he's not a CEO type of guy, so there is validity in what you're getting at with how his companies run off the seat of their pants.. the whole cybertruck thing could be argued as a cash grab for the downpayment, but at the minimum, at least what he is doing is exciting. I'd buy one of those trucks!

well there is some truth to this, but he's in new industries too, so people are buying forward looking earnings... not sure what the multiple is, but I hope he is successful, at least to get us off oil and his other endeavors. I don't think of him as liar though, more of a dreamer/engineer.. he's not a CEO type of guy, so there is validity in what you're getting at with how his companies run off the seat of their pants.. the whole cybertruck thing could be argued as a cash grab for the downpayment, but at the minimum, at least what he is doing is exciting. I'd buy one of those trucks!

The trucks are designed for people in cities, not for people who need the pulling/torque.

The guys who pull all day won't be buying them. It's the wannabes who just like the space. And the longer battery power (I think they're saying 500 miles which is about the barrier to when an electric vehicle gets damn interesting versus a gas car... plus they have some space to haul on short trips).

The trucks are designed for people in cities, not for people who need the pulling/torque.

The guys who pull all day won't be buying them. It's the wannabes who just like the space. And the longer battery power (I think they're saying 500 miles which is about the barrier to when an electric vehicle gets damn interesting versus a gas car... plus they have some space to haul on short trips).
Tesla Truck is akin to being another Hummer, SUV type with big time curiousity factor. Plop that factory down in DFW or Houston and the market in Texas alone would support a half million units.

Tesla Truck is akin to being another Hummer, SUV type with big time curiousity factor. Plop that factory down in DFW or Houston and the market in Texas alone would support a half million units.

And we all know where Hummer is now.

I don't know anything about Tesla's finances or the stock offerings, etc.....but I don't think our gov't is going to let Tesla go under. They are the leader in their field and oil is a finite resource, I think Tesla will be around for my lifetime and beyond.

Yep... if they get that range up in the 1000 mile range (a full day drive) and have enough public charging stations around someone like me would get damn interested.

Provided I can work around winter anyway. Battery life sucks if you can't keep them warm overnight.

Those batteries will take your entire house down. Autodrive has the potential to end your life the moment it sees something it doesn't recognize. I'll let other people be the test dummies for a decade or so.

They're nowhere near the battery life where it's worth it for me in minnesota anyway. I'd rather buy a scooter for short trips. Long trips I need space and mileage.

That's why i bought my kia niro. It's classified as a small SUV but think of it like a large car that gets 50 mpg and you'll get it.

They're nowhere near the battery life where it's worth it for me in minnesota anyway. I'd rather buy a scooter for short trips. Long trips I need space and mileage.

That's why i bought my kia niro. It's classified as a small SUV but think of it like a large car that gets 50 mpg and you'll get it.
How does your Niro perform in snow? There was a lot made of the fact that Kia didn't offer an AWD option, but if the front-wheel drive model handles snow fairly well, not having AWD isn't a huge deal for me.

Yep... if they get that range up in the 1000 mile range (a full day drive) and have enough public charging stations around someone like me would get damn interested.

Provided I can work around winter anyway. Battery life sucks if you can't keep them warm overnight.
C'mon. How many days in the year do you drive more than 1000 miles in a day. Average person does under 75. PUL-ENTY of juice for 99% of the population.

ADVERTISEMENT