ADVERTISEMENT

Stock Market: Major Happening?

This last hour is going to be spectacular, methinks. The bars are going to be long and painful for some.

Watching right now. Someone big has been dumping. It gets bought up immediately. Battle started early today.
This is the investment banks repositioning, looking to stabilize their balance sheets. The crash is coming sooner than anybody realized.

China could bury us by July if they wanted to right now. The scary thing is that they have no reason not to.

This is the investment banks repositioning, looking to stabilize their balance sheets. The crash is coming sooner than anybody realized.

We'll be good. The short-sellers still trying are going to realize it's futile very soon. Going to see some massively green days ahead.

Reactions: huntered
We'll be good. The short-sellers still trying are going to realize it's futile very soon. Going to see some massively green days ahead.

Only if you believe covid 2nd wave won't hit soon due to the protests.

My wife is a nurse in Minnesota. I'm betting it at least corrects soon.

Might not stay down long with all the money pumped but still.

If Trump goes along with the COVID stuff again, our country is in big trouble. The facts about COVID lethality are pretty clear now and the people that were bullshitting us for a few months there have some explaining to do.

If Trump goes along with the COVID stuff again, our country is in big trouble. The facts about COVID lethality are pretty clear now and the people that were bullshitting us for a few months there have some explaining to do.

Doesnt matter. Panic and fear will drag the economy that was already breaking HARD last year and just drove over a cliff Thelma and Louise style.

Printing doesn't stop you from hitting potholes. Hard ones.

China could bury us by July if they wanted to right now. The scary thing is that they have no reason not to.
China is in even bigger trouble.. they need US dollars in a seriously bad way.. they have been defending their currency peg to the usd by using their dollar reserves to do it, and should be out of those reserves by now. There are some good interviews with Kyle Bass from last fall on YouTube where he discusses this.

Last edited:
?? China is in even bigger trouble.. they need US dollars in a seriously bad way.. they have been defending their currency peg to the usd by using their dollar reserves to do it, and should be out of those reserves by now. There are some good interviews with Kyle Bass from last fall on YouTube where he discusses this.

That dude has been getting killed by China for practically the past decade. From what I have read, even George Soros had to take a loss betting against China. That should tell you everything you need to know.

That dude has been getting killed by China for practically the past decade. From what I have read, even George Soros had to take a loss betting against China. That should tell you everything you need to know.

On big things like that, when you are right you make your pile. In the meantime you hedge properly and you trade and you survive. He probably hasn't lost anything.

When it cracks, it will CRACK.

China has debt issues as bad as us and has done some horrible malinvesting at times.

On big things like that, when you are right you make your pile. In the meantime you hedge properly and you trade and you survive. He probably hasn't lost anything.

China has debt issues as bad as us and has done some horrible malinvesting at times.

How do you suppose he was hedged trying to short a country like China? If you read some of the stuff Soros has said about China recently, you get the impression he took a very major L.

more like 10 times worse and there will always be the truth issue reguarding chino

Reactions: NikkiSixx
How do you suppose he was hedged trying to short a country like China? If you read some of the stuff Soros has said about China recently, you get the impression he took a very major L.

Keep in mind he's not shorting the larger market he's shorting things like luckin coffee.

You could hedge by going long Baidu or something like that. Lots of ways to do it.

I guess to get specific, it's China's defense of the Hong Kong Dollar. We see now why the takeover of Hong Kong is imminent, and it is in the US's best interest to let it happen anyway. Once rule of law has been replaced in HK, there will be no other choice than for most businesses to leave there. HK's banking sector will cease to be the money laundry point for China's elite as well as investment from the west. We are in a full on decouple mode.

As to China's debt, while it is mostly internal debt, they are leveraged at something enormous like 303% of gdp now. An absolutely ridiculous number, nearly triple the US's 116% debt to gdp number.

China is having massive cash flow problems internally, and this was before the virus issues. Some analysts believe because things are so bad there, the people may try to overthrow the govt. Personally, I don't see this happening, but China is going to slide back down that economic tree they climbed over the last decade.

I guess to get specific, it's China's defense of the Hong Kong Dollar. We see now why the takeover of Hong Kong is imminent, and it is in the US's best interest to let it happen anyway. Once rule of law has been replaced in HK, there will be no other choice than for most businesses to leave there. HK's banking sector will cease to be the money laundry point for China's elite as well as investment from the west. We are in a full on decouple mode.

As to China's debt, while it is mostly internal debt, they are leveraged at something enormous like 303% of gdp now. An absolutely ridiculous number, nearly triple the US's 116% debt to gdp number.

China is having massive cash flow problems internally, and this was before the virus issues. Some analysts believe because things are so bad there, the people may try to overthrow the govt. Personally, I don't see this happening, but China is going to slide back down that economic tree they climbed over the last decade.

That's if you believe their numbers.

China is in even bigger trouble.. they need US dollars in a seriously bad way.. they have been defending their currency peg to the usd by using their dollar reserves to do it, and should be out of those reserves by now. There are some good interviews with Kyle Bass from last fall on YouTube where he discusses this.
FWIW, anybody that says the Yuan is pegged to the dollar needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

The reason I say that China has no reason not to crash us is because their relationships with other countries outside of Africa have really soured over the last couple of years. They know that they're going down, so its in their interests to take everybody down with them and hope for a restructuring that gives them an advantage globally.

You can't believe anything the Chinese government puts out. That's too bad as the Chinese people I've met over the years have all been super friendly.

I read that China has built 20 million apartments that are sitting empty on the thought that people will be moving into them. That can't continue. They are in quite a mess.

You can't believe anything the Chinese government puts out. That's too bad as the Chinese people I've met over the years have all been super friendly.

I read that China has built 20 million apartments that are sitting empty on the thought that people will be moving into them. That can't continue. They are in quite a mess.

"Ghost cities" is a closer description.

FWIW, anybody that says the Yuan is pegged to the dollar needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

The reason I say that China has no reason not to crash us is because their relationships with other countries outside of Africa have really soured over the last couple of years. They know that they're going down, so its in their interests to take everybody down with them and hope for a restructuring that gives them an advantage globally.

Europe is ticked at them too for the virus.

Pretty much everyone is piling on at this point. Hell, Russia doesn't like them either, just allies of opportunity at times over the last few years.

Europe is ticked at them too for the virus.

Pretty much everyone is piling on at this point. Hell, Russia doesn't like them either, just allies of opportunity at times over the last few years.

India is the big one. They are poised to take over China's manufacturing market share and it scares the crap out of the CCP.

to me, the markets and cnbc are screaming for the mom and pop retail investor to get back in.. just in time for the coming big sell off.

don't be caught holding the bag.

if you bought when everything tanked, you should be taking profits now.

as far as inflation is concerned, oh yeah, it's coming sooner rather than later, but not in all markets...

I can see food prices going up. Your avg fast food meal is going to be over 10 dollars by the end of the year.

Housing though, I can't see how they can inflate that any more than it already is. Housing is already too expensive and maybe it can go a little higher, but seriously doubt people can afford much of an increase from prices today.

Commercial property is going to be really cheap for awhile. There might be a case for buying commercial property to transform it into residential housing, if you can get the zoning worked out with the local officials.

Used car prices are already super low, so I could actually see those prices rebounding. Buy a nice used car now while they are cheap I guess.

New car prices have to go up. Unit sales are down, so I think per unit price has to go up.

Gold, maybe it will act as a hedge against inflation, but as soon as it goes up, who are you going to sell it to?

I have a hard time finding places to put one's wealth to be honest. Over the long term, the stock market it probably the safest place, unless you think the dollar is going to crash and burn, which while possible, every other currency out there would have to burn first, and unless there was some grand move into crypto, which is still a scam right now, you're probably better off staying sort of diversified and in the system.

Where do you see putting your wealth to take advantage of the coming inflation?

Right now i'm in cigarrettes, alcohol, food stocks like Campbell, Kraft Heinz, and Gold (GLD), treasurey inflation protected securities, a boat load of cash (short term federal securities).

Reactions: NikkiSixx

Covid has nothing to do with it at this point. All that did in the first place was to expose how thin the tightrope we are walking is.

It won't happen today, but within the next couple of weeks the bears will trip the breaker. I'm sticking with my prediction of stabilizing around 22,500 and a 2nd bump to 28k before the election. Then, massive free-fall.

Covid has nothing to do with it at this point. All that did in the first place was to expose how thin the tightrope we are walking is.

I'm going to call bull on this one for several reasons.

The target population for covid has all the money (exaggerating but not by much). They are less likely to go out for a year or two at least until the disease normalizes. Spikes in exposures will scare most of them back in for a while which is a huge drag on the economy.

I know my parents haven't seen my 4 month old and haven't come yet. They aren't the only ones who will bunker down for a while.

We don't have the leeway economically for this to do anything but hurt badly.

It won't happen today, but within the next couple of weeks the bears will trip the breaker. I'm sticking with my prediction of stabilizing around 22,500 and a 2nd bump to 28k before the election. Then, massive free-fall.

I buy that (figuratively speaking)... basically anyway.

The financial powers that be are going to crash it repeatedly both for profit and to effectively blackmail politicians for more stimulus -- for the next several years.

Well the charts were calling for a day like today. I was still skeptical but it's good to see something hold up in this market. Already hit new all-time highs in the NASDAQ and several other stocks. Even if it isn't worth its price on paper, the market is still the only place a lot of people around the world feel safe putting their money right now.

ADVERTISEMENT