ADVERTISEMENT

Stimulus package..

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tax cuts helped everyone...whether your 401 went up, or your comoany hired new people, you made more maybe...it was a rising tide that everyine benefitted from and since I don't begrudge wealthy people i'm glad it helped them to...not sure how you pass anything financially related and only let poor people benefit, seems odd and impossible....but I do not like this $1K a month for everyone, at all. I am hopeful this is our depression in the sense people will be smarter fiscally having learned from this. If you tell people we're going to bail you out everytime things get tough...I ain't down with that. Unless you have a physical or mental issue keeping you from being self suffecient...pull your own weight and make good choices and save some money for situations just like this. Do not think you have to have 3 kids and new cars and exotic vacations. Live within your means. If you start giving a grand to people now you're opening the door to somebody else who comes along to do it again and we simply don't have the money for that. We need to be reducing our debt, not adding to it.
Completely agree.
But, understand, someone was going to do this, and their way too. This way, very few middlemen, no new bureaucracy etc, it's fast and gets something to the folks.

It could be worse, start a new bureaucracy that oversees things like this, has plans, ideas, 'better ways' etc, and they never go away.

I’m not rich by any means and it’s helping us

It really hurt me 2 years ago...... Last year was a little better, but not as good as the previous decade, but i created a construction business and felt like i was screwing the system by all the tax write-offs I got.

It really hurt me 2 years ago...... Last year was a little better, but not as good as the previous decade, but i created a construction business and felt like i was screwing the system by all the tax write-offs I got.
Your saying the you paid lower taxes under Obama?

As somebody who was self employed for 30 years and felt the exact opposite....enjoy it. There were times I sent the gov't so much for taxes...I had nothing left for salary, and when a certain somebody said "I didn't build that" ...I wanted to smash his head in. So enjoy the cuts, they were long overdue and it beats feeling like your being penalized for owning a business.

I’ve always been a proponent of a flat tax that Steve Forbes introduced do away with the Loup holes

But even a flat tax has huge holes if you can prove you really didn't make 2 million, hiding and shifting, and purchasing assets that make it look like you only made 28k.... What did I really make this year? Hell I don't know..... Take 25% of it but take 25% from EVERYBODY. Unless you have a good accountant or financial advisor that can find the new loop hole(s).

As somebody who was self employed for 30 years and felt the exact opposite....enjoy it. There were times I sent the gov't so much for taxes...I had nothing left for salary, and when a certain somebody said "I didn't build that" ...I wanted to smash his head in. So enjoy the cuts, they were long overdue and it beats feeling like your being penalized for owning a business.
Amen we’re in the same boat, that guy who will remain nameless really hated small business and self employed people

Reactions: Bugeater
I’ve always been a proponent of a flat tax that Steve Forbes introduced do away with the Loup holes
Problem with that is, there needs to be time to absorb a flat tax. Depreciation,ongoing write offs, this is all figured in to a business, and the guy with the most money will win if done carelessly.

Amen we’re in the same boat, that guy who will remain nameless really hated small business and self employed people
The new tax in cali, no sub contracting is really hurting that state, it eliminates loop holes,writeoffs can then be addressed by the government more easily, forcing businesses with fewer options, less monies etc.

But even a flat tax has huge holes if you can prove you really didn't make 2 million, hiding and shifting, and purchasing assets that make it look like you only made 28k.... What did I really make this year? Hell I don't know..... Take 25% of it but take 25% from EVERYBODY. Unless you have a good accountant or financial advisor that can find the new loop hole(s).
let me guess your a school teacher? The nameless person loved government employees screw the private sector

Reactions: Cloud@Heart
By about 2k a year..... Mostly attributed to no mortgage interest being allowed a couple of years ago, and property taxes going up (no sales tax in MT).
But, local taxes are your neighbors raising them. Not from DC. And again, it doesn't surprise me, as that whole economic footprint reminds me of cali.
Haves,have nots.

Go try to buy a good computer right now off the shelf...good luck. Everyone is working from home and had to upgrade, so that industry is up. Paper products just had their best month ever. Amazon hiring 100K to satisfy demand. Tons of business will be strong as hell from this, some will suffer....that's called capitalism. Going forward, save money, be able to weather a storm like this because you made good choices. Do not depend on every single last check to maintain your lifestyle.

The new tax in cali, no sub contracting is really hurting that state, it eliminates loop holes,writeoffs can then be addressed by the government more easily, forcing businesses with fewer options, less monies etc.

By me working for some construction friends, them paying me in cash, I became a sub contractor so they didn't have to claim me as an employee, and it helped a bunch on my taxes....... Hopefully Cali keeps that to themselves!

By about 2k a year..... Mostly attributed to no mortgage interest being allowed a couple of years ago, and property taxes going up (no sales tax in MT).
im sorry not trying to berate you, just saying not everyone benefits from tax cuts it interest that you benefited from a tax increase

By me working for some construction friends, them paying me in cash, I became a sub contractor so they didn't have to claim me as an employee, and it helped a bunch on my taxes....... Hopefully Cali keeps that to themselves!
But, just like your local taxes going up, your local representatives have bought into the californicator movement,the haves.
Keep an eye on your local leaders.

But, local taxes are your neighbors raising them. Not from DC. And again, it doesn't surprise me, as that whole economic footprint reminds me of cali.
Haves,have nots.

Understood... I wasn't complaining about any regime at any fed, state, or local level, just my overall tax bills and the way that they are calculated.

It won't end with this. The problem is that the debt we have is a vortex that needs fed. 1000 a month of printed cash doesnt touch the leverage involved.

Once the quarantine lifts you're going to see just how much the government can spend without any tax revenue. They need to kickstart the economy that will be beyond sluggish as people will hesitate to go out for months.

It won't end with this. The problem is that the debt we have is a vortex that needs fed. 1000 a month of printed cash doesnt touch the leverage involved.

Once the quarantine lifts you're going to see just how much the government can spend without any tax revenue. They need to kickstart the economy that will be beyond sluggish as people will hesitate to go out for months.
Ummm,no.
Wuhan is churning up as we speak. People will want to live again, a lot of plans were destroyed because of this, it wont make people stop wanting them back.

Would you go to a delayed spring game in summer?

Would you go to a delayed spring game in summer?

I've got a newborn so no... but the point is just because the new cases have flattened doesnt mean there won't be new cases. And we've got a lot of blue hairs who will NOT go because they're the ones it will kill.

The recovery will not be immediate.

Reactions: jeans15
I've got a newborn so no... but the point is just because the new cases have flattened doesnt mean there won't be new cases. And we've got a lot of blue hairs who will NOT go because they're the ones it will kill.

The recovery will not be immediate.
True, but a sell out isnt for lack of fans, its lack of seats, and who'd be antsier, blue hairs or younger folk?
I agree, initial start up will be slow, but won't take long.

True, but a sell out isnt for lack of fans, its lack of seats, and who'd be antsier, blue hairs or younger folk?
I agree, initial start up will be slow, but won't take long.

Probably a few months. Faster if they kickstart it so they will.

Part of the problem is as well the mountain of debt doesnt get any smaller. They're quite literally trying to inflate it away without causing a dollar panic. They may succeed for another cycle... we shall see.

And to be clear, I don't vote according to how many taxes are being taken from my earnings.... There are pros and cons to each side. Many of us don't like to pay for infrastructure, teachers, libraries, police, welfare, defense, immigration, public lands, public safety, ect..... especially if we feel like we aren't using those services, or those services are a waste of monies. I vote according to who I feel will get the most bang for the buck for the majority of society. I am left on some issues, right on others, and moderate on the rest. Judge me a fence rider if need be! Nameless politicians have been the norm for far too long in America and I would not want my children in the same room with some of them regardless of what they do for my taxes. I hate the current state of affairs in politics..... It makes me sad for our society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT