ADVERTISEMENT

Stille is Back!

It’s kind of funny the guy we all called to be fired is actually the most consistent coach we have it appears. But now he has expectations so we know how those work around here. And yes 6-6 would be a failure. 7-5 has to be the minimum. But I’m confident that happens.
Who is "we?" You, and someone else, apparently called for it.

If this defense next year is really good we need to really look at a serious upgrade in our special teams. Good defense plus good special teams could easily add two or three wins above the four or five we are averaging. That will take pressure off of the offense, give the offense more possessions, and allow our offense to start drives in better field position. And if we see improvement from the offense next year, which I think we will, and we have fans in the stands, we really could hit nine wins or so. Koolaid yes, but it is realistic.

Salty defense, committed to a running game. Take the pass yards available. QB generates rushing yards when needed. Might start to look a little the teams we used to watch.

Chinander might be the one to save this program. If the D plays top 25 and O just finishes some drives and I think we will with the addition of bigger players and the smaller players leaving I change my prediction from 7-5 to 8-4 or 9-3.

Should the assistants stage a coup and replace Frost with Chins in order to save their jobs and the program

Retire at 55?? Talk about boring yourself to death, literally. Bringing up retirement to a 23 year old making a decision on playing college football is absolutely an all-time looney toon thought.

Reactions: scarletred
If this defense next year is really good we need to really look at a serious upgrade in our special teams. Good defense plus good special teams could easily add two or three wins above the four or five we are averaging. That will take pressure off of the offense, give the offense more possessions, and allow our offense to start drives in better field position. And if we see improvement from the offense next year, which I think we will, and we have fans in the stands, we really could hit nine wins or so. Koolaid yes, but it is realistic.
Excellent take (simply because I agree with it).

Cerni, Meyer and Culp will help immensely on special teams, mostly eliminating KO returns with touchbacks and punt returns with directional punting, Cerni's strength.

But here's another bonus to so many starters returning on defense — other really strong, fast and experienced defensive players will be on coverage units, just in case a KO doesn't reach the end zone or a punt isn't perfectly placed.

Now we need to figure out a kick return game.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Excellent take (simply because I agree with it).

Cerni, Meyer and Culp will help immensely on special teams, mostly eliminating KO returns with touchbacks and punt returns with directional punting, Cerni's strength.

But here's another bonus to so many starters returning on defense — other really strong, fast and experienced defensive players will be on coverage units, just in case a KO doesn't reach the end zone or a punt isn't perfectly placed.

Now we need to figure out a kick return game.

Who is Meyer?

I choose program over demagoguery, good sir
I want the current coaching staff to achieve success no matter what and never wish for them to fail, good sir.

Was the same for Riley and Pelini and Callahan as well, btw.

Reactions: headcard
I want the current coaching staff to achieve success no matter what and never wish for them to fail, good sir.

Was the same for Riley and Pelini and Callahan as well, btw.

please, I bet you were fine pulling the plug on Riley even before the end of year 3 with a better than .500 record

I bet you wouldn’t be fine pulling the plug on Frost despite a < .400 record

Last edited:
please, I bet you were fine pulling the plug on Riley even before the end of year 3 with a better than .500 record

That would not make a single thing he said untrue.

Now what team are you a fan of again?

I was fine pulling the plug on Riley midway through year three. That being said, I didn’t post in every post I posted from that day forward all of the reasons that Riley was Satan‘s Spawn.

Can you see the difference?

You’ve been riding frost’s nuts since year one. Mic drop.

Reactions: scarletred
Who is Meyer?
Kelen Meyer, the walk-on kicker from Ord who blasted about 96 percent of his high school KOs out of the end zone, with a long of 79 yards and an average of 72. On a college field, his average kick would be seven yards deep in the end zone, thus unreturnable in nearly every situation. That would eliminate a lot of bad field position. Let's say Frost changes his m.o. and chooses to kick off, knowing we'll give the other team the ball on the 25, start on D, shut 'em down with our veteran D, then get the ball back in decent field position.

Kelen Meyer, the walk-on kicker from Ord who blasted about 96 percent of his high school KOs out of the end zone, with a long of 79 yards and an average of 72. On a college field, his average kick would be seven yards deep in the end zone, thus unreturnable in nearly every situation. That would eliminate a lot of bad field position. Let's say Frost changes his m.o. and chooses to kick off, knowing we'll give the other team the ball on the 25, start on D, shut 'em down with our veteran D, then get the ball back in decent field position.

If he could come in and immediately kick the ball out of the endzone, that would be huge. I was shocked neither Culp or Contreraz could do that.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Yeah! Great. We get them all back from an average defense. . Now Chins went from fired to Buddy Ryan. 2022 when they leave? Then what? it sounds great on paper, but if you can't score because you have a mentally incapable QB and offense, it doesn't mean shit. Being optimistic is great, but being realistic is another thing all together. Coming off of a 3 -win season, I will stand by the latter, until they prove it with wins.

Last edited:
Yeah! Great. We get them all back from an average defense. . Now Chins went from fired to Buddy Ryan. 2022 when they leave? Then what? it sounds great on paper, but if you can't score because you have a mentally incapable QB and offense, it doesn't mean shit. Being optimistic is great, but being realistic is another thing all together. Coming off of a 3 -win season, I will stand by the latter, until they prove it with wins.
Good for you. Thank you for being real and not allowing yourself to look forward to husker football again until they prove they’re worthy of your admiration! They owe you so much...

Reactions: 9and4 and Chuck003
ADVERTISEMENT