ADVERTISEMENT

Still not enough pass rush

Catch50

Athletic Director
Feb 5, 2003
Does Ty Robinson ever make a play?

Big boy. He should be an offensive lineman.

Goes back to our strength and conditioning. Too stiff. Best pass rusher is Luke Reimer. Players should start doing whatever he is doing when he trains.

Goes back to our strength and conditioning. Too stiff. Best pass rusher is Luke Reimer. Players should start doing whatever he is doing when he trains.
He was close a couple of times. Garrett Nelson was close a couple of times. I think they sacked Rattler once when he started to scramble.

Collectively we are ‘OK’ at applying pressure. But yea no standouts. Was hoping Payne may be a pleasant surprise this year but haven’t seen it. I mean have we even had someone half as good as Gregory since he left?

Probably one of the better offenses we will see this year, and people are complaining about the defense? After what our special teams showed AGAIN today?

Probably one of the better offenses we will see this year, and people are complaining about the defense? After what our special teams showed AGAIN today?
We have been bad for years and our defense has been much more of a problem than special teams.

I am impressed. There is a Frost Apologist at every corner.

Much more impressive is the "Who Should Be our Next Coach" threads every week from Sunday to Friday every single week regardless of time of year.

Not even Covid is as relentless in its attack and mutations.

Does Ty Robinson ever make a play?

Big boy. He should be an offensive lineman.
Ty Robinson is better than last year, but still playing way below expectations of what many expected him to be. Just another guy who will likely never reach his potential here.

Bad, bad person for complaining. This is what you deserve and you should be happy that we even have a team. Think of the poor African children. What they would give to have just one moment to watch this sht show.

• Haha
Reactions: nu2u
Ty Robinson is better than last year, but still playing way below expectations of what many expected him to be. Just another guy who will likely never reach his potential here.
He's not explosive. I'm sure he works hard in the weight room but he is not making enough plays for a four star recruit.

We lost to Illinois. When it counted today, we could NOT stop the run.
Let me get this straight… You would rather trot our special teams out there and expect that they will do better consistently than our defense? See my post above about drinking while posting…

Two weeks now with no sacks. Defense gave up too many 3rd & longs because of no pressure. Also the last OU drive started 1st and 15 at the 5. This was the chance to get the ball back and win but nobody could make a defensive play to stop them.

Let me get this straight… You would rather trot our special teams out there and expect that they will do better consistently than our defense? See my post above about drinking while posting…

Here's a fact for a you. 4 sacks in 4 games. With three of those games being two New York teams and Illinois.
Another fact is for whoever thinks I am a Frost apologist, those people are wrong.

FWIW, I said nothing about the special teams. Just the lack of pass rush. That comment stands on it's own.

Here's a fact for a you. 4 sacks in 4 games. With three of those games being two New York teams and Illinois.
Another fact is for whoever thinks I am a Frost apologist, those people are wrong.

FWIW, I said nothing about the special teams. Just the lack of pass rush. That comment stands on it's own.
Look below to see what you said about special teams…
We have been bad for years and our defense has been much more of a problem than special teams.
How is this not saying anything about special teams?

We lost to Illinois. When it counted today, we could NOT stop the run.
We couldn’t stop the run at the end of the game because for some reason we had our safeties playing back 15 yards. When we finally brought them up, we stuffed OU on the last 3 plays.

Reactions: Catch50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT